Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 AM

Dear Nancia,

pack your bags its obvious you need a small get away.. up here in the woods where insanity rules and we don't care what the world thinks. ok we do.. but we can hide and pretend.. oodles of trees. your gimpy arm, my gimpy legs we will be a team that will scare the pants off all those loggers.. um get here fast its sounding better than ever.

your brat
Old 05-08-2013, 06:58 AM

oh, naughty! naughty! brat! what do i need to pack? from the sound of those loggers i just need my toothbrush! ( you have toothpaste, right?) i think a designer purse will handle the situation just fine!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:30 AM

dabbler, colors look perfect! Now I'm excited, can't wait. Sent yours yesterday so watch your mail. Same here le brat, had a great time. Think we're kindred spirits, must have been sisters in another life. Better get dressed so this trailer can leave your driveway, but my eyes are kind of teary. bittersweet day it's going to be
She's got toothpaste nancia...your turn to come to the mountains
Old 05-08-2013, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
dabbler, colors look perfect! Now I'm excited, can't wait. Sent yours yesterday so watch your mail. Same here le brat, had a great time. Think we're kindred spirits, must have been sisters in another life. Better get dressed so this trailer can leave your driveway, but my eyes are kind of teary. bittersweet day it's going to be
She's got toothpaste nancia...your turn to come to the mountains
I'll be watching with great anticipation - I'm so happy to hear that you girls got along like sisters. I have a couple of girlfriends that I refer to as sisters of my heart - I have real siblings but we're not close and it's a long sad story - I miss them most days and just learned to move on from that pain - girlfriends and I have been friends for 5 & 25 plus years and I can't imagine my life without them. So yes good-by's are bittersweet and it's a hug until the next time.
We now have skype - it's not the same but you can at least see each other face to face. Have a fabulous morning and safe trip home.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:37 AM

For anyone who has ever looked at the patterns on Annie's and thought if they were cheaper I just might buy one, they've got 100 patterns marked down to $1 right now. I got the email this morning and today is the last day on it. Here's a link:

https://www.e-patternscentral.com/li...=summerblowout

There are a few really cute runners & wall hangings on that page!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 AM

I am going through withdrawals. Plain and simple. Its not the same. I miss my buddy. oh boy this is not going to be fun, if this is what one day is like.. hanging my jib big time.

I will finish today and mail Friday to my partner. I rarely make it to the post office on dialysis days. Too pooped. upside is I do pooped out rather well just ask Jan. wanna see someone melt in two easy quiet moments? fling she is out! that would be me. I am convinced its almost impossible to wear Jan out. sheesh!

I was thinking if Nancia comes, heck I have clothes. We have toothpaste and oh yes bathroom with your name on it! shower included! and ah that logger thing.. all those flannel shirts. And its warming up, they cant wear them forever. I mean surely it will be too hot. There is a big loggers jamboree in June I think. Seriously log rolling etc.. but you had best come now.. who knows where I will be living in June. I don't. lots on my mind the next couple days wish me the best of luck sorting it out! (like I would know where i put it if I did sort it out).
Old 05-09-2013, 09:43 AM

i understand about putting things, sorted and otherwise! i make a note, and then lose the note, and i'm lucky if i find the notebook to make the note in and when i do, if i remember what the note was about. i had 2 ideas for art quilts. only got one down on paper. grrrrr. i would soooo love to be there right now! i can feel the sharpness of the air just starting to soften, and the smell of pine and rich soil. we used to camp as kids, and later mt sister and i camped across country. when i say camped i mean tent and sleeping bag. sometimes more primitive. have stayed in glacier nat'i quite a few nights, cowered thru the highway to the sun, and would go back again. but i really hate the highway to the sun! i am not a hi places kind of person! not the first you would call to climb up to get something down!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM

Nancia I posted this originally in the wrong thread. What do you think of this as inspiration for your bathroom in blue, yellow, and cream? Any other colors you want to add?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412532[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	23964840684345p.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	412532  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:34 AM

hmmmm, i think i'm starting to feel inspired already! i love all those colors, so you could go in any direction with that! let me get you the window picture and the measurements ( easier said than done. anyone have a tape measure?
Old 05-09-2013, 02:10 PM

My driver for dialysis she comes here and every single morning and every single afternoon when she brings me back she says.. it smells SO GOOD. Guess when your lucky enough to live here it loses its new scent? lol. She says I want to bring a jar snag some and open it up when I get home. You just cant fake real pine needles... early morning dew ones or warm sunshine drying ones..

I guess I missed something you get a curtain Nancia? I want a curtain. I want your curtain. oh I need a window first dont I? shoot ..