Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need help please >

I need help please

I need help please

Old 05-07-2013, 05:34 PM

You have a lovely quilt! Good luck in the show. I have blocked quilts by lightly sprinkling them and then pinning them to the carpet, squaring all the corners and smoothing the quilt out and then letting it dry in place. It should hand straight them.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:52 PM

Default I need help please

Ok, The Quilters' Guild of Arlington Quilt show has come and gone. I would really like to thank all of you who assisted me with my quilt entries in this show. My Folklorio Star Quilt did not win any ribbons. The judges comments were:
My precisison of work was Satisfactory
My quilting stictch needs improvement
My striped binding is a good design choice
Excellent intergration of difficult colors. Ambitious project.

While I knew this quilt was not perfect, it was perfect for me. I love the quilt and I love quilting. Entering it into the show was fun and something I enjoyed every much. The judges comments were helpful and will be put to good use. I entered a total of 5 quilts. Only one quilt won a ribbon. It was "Gwendy's Dahlia Quilt", for our daughter who lives in Washington who has the most beautiful dahlia garden. This quilt won a second place ribbon. The picture has me and my mom who just turned 87. It was a great day and a great show. I posted all the quilts that I entered. Off to the sewing room to get started on next years show.

Ok so I am electronically challenged tonight. None of the picture would attached. I will try again in the morning.

Again, thank all of you for your kind words and encouragement. May God bless you all.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by patmadrid View Post
Ok, The Quilters' Guild of Arlington Quilt show has come and gone. I would really like to thank all of you who assisted me with my quilt entries in this show. My Folklorio Star Quilt did not win any ribbons. The judges comments were:
My precisison of work was Satisfactory
My quilting stictch needs improvement
My striped binding is a good design choice
Excellent intergration of difficult colors. Ambitious project.

While I knew this quilt was not perfect, it was perfect for me. I love the quilt and I love quilting. Entering it into the show was fun and something I enjoyed every much. The judges comments were helpful and will be put to good use. I entered a total of 5 quilts. Only one quilt won a ribbon. It was "Gwendy's Dahlia Quilt", for our daughter who lives in Washington who has the most beautiful dahlia garden. This quilt won a second place ribbon. The picture has me and my mom who just turned 87. It was a great day and a great show. I posted all the quilts that I entered. Off to the sewing room to get started on next years show.

Ok so I am electronically challenged tonight. None of the picture would attached. I will try again in the morning.

Again, thank all of you for your kind words and encouragement. May God bless you all.
You know what? That quilt is amazing despite what the judges have to say- satisfactory is NOt a word i would use to describe it. I can't even imagine doing one like that! I REALLY liked the binding. You go girl!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:05 AM

I have no advice on how to hang it, but I wanted to say that your quilt is absolutely stunning!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 AM

WOW ,I can't help with question. Your quilt is beautiful the colors just Pop out of it.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:08 AM

Read your post about judging, someone needed their head examined, your quilt is beautiful
Old 05-14-2013, 05:27 PM

Sorry I have no suggestions, just wanted to let you know I think your quilt is major WOW.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:30 AM

I was shocked at that lackluster judge's score! =/ I would have been just crushed -- your quilt deserved something said about it that was much nicer than THAT!!

it is incredible. they were probably just mad that they couldn't take it home!! ;0))
Old 05-15-2013, 06:05 AM

It's a beauty, that's for sure. Good luck!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

What an absolutely stunning quilt. Are you sure there isn't a problem with the sleeve?? If not, GOOD LUCK with the blocking. I have entered quilts into some large shows and first impressions does count. Then the Judges will look for details especially that the binding is straight and the corners are square. Your quilt is stunning and hopefully, you will KNOCK THEM OVER !!!