Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 PM

but it's great when you have friends to help! our last move was a nightmare! i told my dh when we move back to texas we're selling everything and getting in the car with the prevailing pets and going! of course, that was before i started quilting! and building a stash for the millenium! now we'll have to hire a truck afterall! might as well keep the bed mom and dad made, and the wall units they made, and the g'mother clock they made! dang, we're going to end up not leaving anything! oh, yeah, and the new leather sectional...... just call for the darn truck and a bunch of muscle boys! oooo oo oo, brat! maybe the burrito boys will come move you!!
Old 05-22-2013, 03:33 AM

I started a yahoo group called QuiltsofLove for anyone wanting to join the effort of quilts for the Moore victims. Everytime I log on I have more people wanting to join the effort, my heart is so full. I have volunteers to quilt if you just have tops or blocks. If you don't want to join the group, you can PM me and I will send you my mailing address. Lv2sew2011 is coming over today, she lives in Moore and the tornado passed 1 1/2 from her house, but we are going to quilt. Im excited! I will try to take a few pictures.

Brat; I will keep you in my prayers that they have a seat for you!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/quiltsoflove/
Old 05-22-2013, 04:33 AM

If you are participating with QuiltsofLove and need an extension on your deadline, please PM me. This is a very worthy cause and I would hate to see anyone who would like to help pass it by because of swap obligations.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 AM

I saw through equilter.com there is another group large group also bringing quilts and belongings to people in moore on June 27th. They are going to get a tremendous outpouring of love I think. I watched a woman on tv who l ost her home in 99 to a tornado now lost it again she was elderly and all she said was the good Lord takes care of her. wow. She will rebuild. I am humbled by things like that. I whine and groan about moving. At least i have my things to move. How lucky is that? Today I will finish the livingroom. I hate packing glass vases and such you just hope they make it to the next destination. Oh and if money grew on trees? I would sit and point and letsome muscle bound burrito eating man with a quilt on his shoulder move my stuff you betcha! no money trees so its me and .. me. Like I said Steve can physically move things no trouble he would devistate my things if I let him pack. shove it in a box its good rocks next to glass next to figurines.. oh yeah and they should be fine.. oh no... nope he is not packing. lol good man horrible bull in a china shop. energy? where are you?????

last note to bore the heck out of you: they have a chair! they also want one months notice to registrar. we wont have that. we get 3 days to 2 weeks to get out depending on the board. Politics galore here. Three say let him go, three say no president wont make the last vote he is abstaining. So either the three push one of the others to vote with them or July which is my bet one of those three is running for the presidents position and bringing her friend to fill hers (no one else is running) there are four votes. we go. She seems to want her own managment company to run the park. let her. she can have it. but we need to be laid off first. or no unemployment while we figure out life again for the zillionth time. I cant really even help with the move. I cant lift a thing. but I am ok not hiring good looking calendar boys but there are a couple here in town who will help load the truck for 10.00 an hour. good with me. last place we had it all loaded in 3 hours so should work. now to find them in Wyoming to unload!!! (now they had best have some good old rodeo boys who want an extra buck in their tight jeans, cowboy hats, oh yeah...)
Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 AM

Good news about the chair Brat - I'm so happy for you; that is one less burden on your plate right now -

Oh how lazy am I - I received the nicest pillow covers and matching table runner from jaba; I actually received it over a week ago and said I would post photos - haven't gotten around to the picture taking yet but I think I was the first one on the thread to receive their package. I found a Yellow Brick Road quilt that I made several years ago - binding is made - it just needs attaching; and I purchased a stuffed puppy to go with the quilt - needless to say this quilt will be finished over our long weekend ahead and sent on to jjsikes for her to distribute to tornado victims along with all the other quilts people will be sending her. Thank you Jamie - you are one of God's angels.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:15 PM

All the quilts donated will be going directly to the victims, through me I am not giving them to a orginization to pass out.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:48 PM

I'm willing to quilt any quilts you ladies put together for Sikesjj's group/donations - with the stipulation that they are edge-to-edge, 1-color, and some relatively basic design. I can't promise super fast turn-around (realistically, it would be a week or two tops) but it's the summer and it stays light until 11pm so... I've got daylight therefore I have time. My only real request is that you cover shipping & materials (thread and batting if you don't want to mail it).

PM me if you are interested.

SikesJJ, you can pass that info along to your people in the group, too.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 AM

Themamahauseer thank you for the offer, I will share! We have alot of people sending blocks from all over the world so we will have alot of work to do. I wasn't planning on taking blocks but that is all some people could do and I didn't want to turn them away because alot of other groups were just taking completed quilts. Below is the link for the group if you would like to join.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/quiltsoflove/
Old 05-23-2013, 10:39 AM

jamie, i can't join the yahoo group because i don't have a cell phone. i tried!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Junebillie is that a big rock in the shelf with your baby kitty? Mine are always checking out the rocks, the cereal the.. anything that is not theirs

think I will go ask queen of 2802 if she can post a pic.. crossing fingers we will see!
It's a punch bowl, but the kitty thinks it's a big shiny rock. lol....When we first set the bowl there, he kept going there to check it out, but no interest in it now.