Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Retreat - Extreme Home Sewing Edition >

Virtual Retreat - Extreme Home Sewing Edition

Virtual Retreat - Extreme Home Sewing Edition

Old 05-25-2013, 08:38 AM

oh my goodness! them babies are so darn cute!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:51 AM

I will be sewing part of the weekend. I do work on Sun. but that is fun since it is in a fabric shop. Now as for the weekend & or sewing. I had three days off then work on Sun. then three days off. Just finished altering a wedding dress. Have cut out 5 pair of pants & several simple tops & the project to sew now. An "Elvis" jumpsuit for an impersonator. Do have a number of quilting projects that have been started. Ready to quilt several as well. Happy Sewing all. I know I'll see quilter at the store tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:01 AM

I'm in. I need to cut and sort one for a Retreat next month in Lake Tahoe, and I have to finish binding and blocking one, then its play time till the rest of my batiks come in for the retreat quilt
Old 05-25-2013, 09:04 AM

I have a sign in my studio that says. No alterations, no special sew jobs. Only quilting done here by my request hahahahahahahha
Old 05-25-2013, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
I have a sign in my studio that says. No alterations, no special sew jobs. Only quilting done here by my request hahahahahahahha

Love your quote!. I used to do alterations, make wedding gowns, and do home dec sewing. I am so happy to be able to finally sew for the fun of it. No more apparel sewing for me, or alterations, either. Just quilt, quilt, and more quilt.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:49 AM

Lone star pieced, and sandwiched..Ready to hand quilt! First I am going to cut what I can for the granddaughters Bow Tucks purses, so I know what I need to buy to complete them. Hand quilting is usually done at night while watching tv. Got a lot done, but want to do so much more!! pics won't load...will try again later
Old 05-25-2013, 11:17 AM

here is the paper pieced block I was attempting today. I'm planning on making a few of more these in different colors for the quilt. Supposed to look like fireworks. Found the pattern at FourTwinSisters.com.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:42 AM

I plan on doing a lot of sewing this weekend; I have a OBW I'm working on that I plan to enter into the fair and I'm not nearly as far along on it as I need to be! I WANT to do a whole bunch of other things but I was foolish enough to give myself a goal and now I have a deadline and now I regret it! And it's not even turning out as well as I wanted it to - I should have done a bargello, I'm better at those. But it's too late to change now and I'll be darned if I'll wuss out on something I said I was going to do! (And once I'm done I'm sure I'll be glad I did it, even though I have no hope of winning any prizes at this point, LOL)

So I will be sewing, but in a grudging sort of way. LOL
Old 05-25-2013, 12:24 PM

I am in for Sunday and Monday. DH headed out tomorrow at 5AM to daughter's/family and then off for work. So I am "all alone"- yay!!! After church, I will post my list! Can't wait...
Old 05-25-2013, 12:29 PM

I got the 2nd quilt bound. Now I just have 3 more to bind and they will be done. Then I can start in on some quilts for Oklahoma. I think I am about done for today.