Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT >

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

Old 06-11-2013, 10:14 AM

Oh the original bags they made were crocheted, which that is all over the web. I was glad to find one they sewed
Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 AM

Thank you Reeskylr. Boy I need to use spell check! LOL

Old 06-11-2013, 01:17 PM

Default My wonderful package from Knitette, Thankyou so much.

As you can see I'm a lucky gal to receive such a great package. She sent me such a lovely letter. Thankyou so much!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130611_164354.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	418357   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130611_164412.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	418358  
Old 06-11-2013, 02:50 PM

Sent off my SP's package today. Expected delivery is Wed. June 13. A clue - your town is close to a body of water named after me (this is probably a dead giveaway).
Old 06-12-2013, 03:35 AM

I received a most wonderful package from luvstoquilt. Great to receive from a fellow Illinoisan. She sent me many books, magazines, a cute tin box with chocolate, patriotic fat quarter bundle, little socks with partriotic owls on them, a flag, lots of brochures with patterns, 3 other partiotic fabrics, cute RWB napkins, some notecards, a handmade apron and a nice note. Thank you so very much. I have already looked through the books and magazines and I just opened the box Tuesday night. Can't wait to use everything. I already have added some projects to my to do list. Sharon--you did a great job.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 AM

Another wonderful squishy from Knitette! She totally "gets" me. Look at all the lovely goodies she sent:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]418417[/ATTACH]
I had on my list that I like to receive local items, and she had the added challenge of having sent me a squishy before, but she found some wonderful new items to fit in. The sweets are mini "Lucky Tatties" (slang for potatoes), even tied with a clan Campbell tartan ribbon. I am thinking the Royal Stewart tartan tissues might become a decoupage project, they just look too nice to use to blow my nose.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]418418[/ATTACH]
Then she sent me all these lovely "quilty" items. I love coral pink and turquoise (and asian prints), perfect match don't you think? And cool alphabet safety pins to keep my rows straight (how did she know I have focus issues hmmm). Well, the mouse isn't especially "quilty" but it does give me something to use to distract Neko when he wants to roll thread spools around. And the crowning touch, something homemade. A tartan owlie hot pad! Isn't he adorable. Even my DH admired him. He is hanging on the side of my upper oven so he is the first thing I see when I walk in the kitchen.

Thanks again Knitette!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2944.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	418417   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2945.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	418418  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:07 AM

I'm glad you liked your parcels quiltymom and lauriejo.

I sometimes worry that they're too 'Scottish'.

We import virtually all our quilting stuff from you guys (but pay double) so I try to find things you might not usually see.

'It's a sair fecht for a half loaf.' (It's hard work, lol )
Old 06-12-2013, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

Very nice swaps from Scotland. I was a lucky reciever of a package from Scotland a few months ago.It's so nice to get something from another country. Wish I could afford to do international swap more.But our American swappers are great also.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 AM

Ok so I did what I always do.....taped my package all up nice and tight.....then realized I hadn't put the note in with it! Lol. So SP when you receive your package pm me and I will tell you some things about what is in there. I made several items for you, first time on a couple even, but I know you will like them! Oh! And by the way, You won't even know who it's from cause nowhere did I put my QB name. Haha, what a mystery for you. It is coming from Ankeny IA, that's all I'm gonna say. You should receive it tomorrow...or Friday by the latest!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
Ok so I did what I always do.....taped my package all up nice and tight.....then realized I hadn't put the note in with it! Lol. So SP when you receive your package pm me and I will tell you some things about what is in there. I made several items for you, first time on a couple even, but I know you will like them! Oh! And by the way, You won't even know who it's from cause nowhere did I put my QB name. Haha, what a mystery for you. It is coming from Ankeny IA, that's all I'm gonna say. You should receive it tomorrow...or Friday by the latest!
I did the same thing, got everything boxed up, sealed, printed postage/attached to package and forgot to add a personal note. it is frustrating when you forgot something.