Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Charm Pack Patterns >

Charm Pack Patterns

Charm Pack Patterns

Old 06-12-2013, 08:20 AM

I would really like any more input your ladies and gents have!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:46 PM

I'm making the twister tree skirt pattern, Tree Skirt Twist, with charm packs and I really like it. Even if you don't like that one, make a twister quilt. They are fun!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:18 PM

Have you tried googling charm park quilt patterns and looking at the images?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:08 AM

Red face Great idea for lots of charm squares!

Originally Posted by Coverdude View Post
I'm making the twister tree skirt pattern, Tree Skirt Twist, with charm packs and I really like it. Even if you don't like that one, make a twister quilt. They are fun!
I would defininately do a twister pattern of some sort if I had a bunch of charm squares. The twister tree skirt pattern would also make an awesome picnic table covering. Just leave the slit and hole out of the tree skirt and you will have an octagon table covering ! That way if your charm squares are all different it would be really neat looking and obviously you don't have to have Christmas fabrics. Once you do one twister pattern you will want to do more, but I am biased as I really, really like the patterns by "Handcrafts by Jennifer" -- Her instructions are so easy to follow for all her patterns and are extremely user friendly! I'm sure you will agree if you try one.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
I bought 3 charm packs from MQS which is probably not enough to do anything with, but I just loved the fabric.

THEN I washed it, lol fetching all them squares from the washer was not pretty. I took my time to straighten each piece out before I put it in the dryer, still came out wrinkled. So I pressed them all. I had 165 pieces.

I have decided I will not buy charm packs any more, but I like this thread for ideas of what to do. It seems I don't have enough charms for a big project ... and I am NOT charmed.
that's why a lot of us don't wash charm packs, layer cakes, jelly rolls, etc before we use them. if you don't wash anything, just use color catchers the first few times you wash them. MOST stuff doesn't fade now adays anyway. maybe red's, blacks. this is only my op.