Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-12-2013, 07:11 PM

Ok, I am jumping in for a small group again.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:59 PM

Aztess1, welcome aboard. there are several good web sites that have block patterns. Just google quilt block patterns. I have "block fab hd" on my iPad which also has block patterns, and then there is my favorite "real" book, 1000 Great Quilt Blocks, by Maggi McCormic Gordon. Maybe grandma will share some of her favorite patterns.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
That baby quilt looks nice.
Thank you.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:10 PM

I am so going to miss this.....
Old 06-13-2013, 02:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin View Post
Baby quilt I just finished. First attempt at FMQ ( little hearts in center of squares) nothing to do with this swap, but quiltermomma and alikat110 made it sound so easy and I have had soooo much trouble in the past, I just had to try it.
Very cute......keep practicing. As an fyi....I usually layer 12" practice quilt blocks and use these to perfect my FMQ. Gives me just a small working surface, easy to control.

Went bac k and read....guess you were talking about posting pics!. It did work! Yeah!!!!

Last edited by alikat110; 06-13-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:34 AM

ArizonaKat-- if Tess can't shop in your stash, can I? lol

Tess- Quilterscache.com is a great site for blocks. You can search for only 12.5" blocks, so they'll be the perfect size, and there are thousands of patterns. You can stay simple, or branch out and test your skill level.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:15 AM

This looks like so much fun, I'd really like to try if ya'll don't mind another beginner and getting simple blocks back. My concern is that we are leaving town from the 22nd to July 3 so I won't be able to send my fabric out till after that....will that fit into the schedule?
Years ago I acquired some some really nice Eqyptian motif LQS fabric with some large prints included and I have no idea what to do with them, was thinking they would be good to challange you all! What do you think?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish View Post
This looks like so much fun, I'd really like to try if ya'll don't mind another beginner and getting simple blocks back. My concern is that we are leaving town from the 22nd to July 3 so I won't be able to send my fabric out till after that....will that fit into the schedule?
Years ago I acquired some some really nice Eqyptian motif LQS fabric with some large prints included and I have no idea what to do with them, was thinking they would be good to challange you all! What do you think?
Join us!! The fact that you will be away is fine. The lists will probably go out at the end of June or very beginning of July so you will be well within the mailing guidelines. I am sure the ladies here can make wonderful blocks out of a large print fabric for you.
We welcome beginners This swap is designed to help you stretch and grow in color and blocks
Hugs
April
Old 06-13-2013, 07:39 AM

Yes, please join! I'm very intrigued by your description of fabric. I am a beginner too.. and I feel like I improved as the swap went on.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
ArizonaKat-- if Tess can't shop in your stash, can I? lol

Tess- Quilterscache.com is a great site for blocks. You can search for only 12.5" blocks, so they'll be the perfect size, and there are thousands of patterns. You can stay simple, or branch out and test your skill level.
I made a pinterest board with lots of the 12.5 quilt blocks from quilterscache. I found it much easier to be able to see the blocks than just the names of the blocks. Here's the link to it if anyone wants to take a look! http://pinterest.com/themilocat/12-inch-quilt-blocks/