Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-15-2013, 10:34 AM

OK I changed my mind, my Granddaughter Charleigh picked them out. They are both sparkle fabrics. I think I am going to use the Purple and do a butterfly themed quilt for her!
Will use lady bugs next time!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419131[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	939.2 KB
ID:	419131  
Old 06-15-2013, 11:01 AM

I love the Boomerang Swaps. I get bored easily, so wouldn't even begin to make 30 blocks just alike for my own quilt. By swapping, I still make the same number of blocks, but it is amazing fun to work with other peoples fat 8s. Many are fabrics that I wouldn't choose for myself, but I like to making only one block with each. My horizon is expanding!

hugs, Jupiter
Old 06-15-2013, 11:26 AM

Default Seeing Circles

After several attempts, I think my fabric will show up in this post.

I am hoping that you will use mostly solids or tone on tones that read as solids. I am a long arm quilter and have plans for some special quilting. I am taking several online classes and learning lots. Yeah, Craftsy.com!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jupiters Fabric.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	419149  
Old 06-15-2013, 11:36 AM

I like the butterfly fabric (and the ladybugs are cute!).
Jupiter - I would include a note with each F8 you send. That fabric leaves lots of color choices!

Last edited by Old_Rosebud; 06-15-2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: edited fabric description
Old 06-15-2013, 11:41 AM

I like the circles and dots, it will be fun to work with!

OK I am going to VENT... I am back in Oregon and getting my fabric ready to mail. After washing I am 6 inches short! GRRRRR... so frustrating, although I am sure I will be able to find some, but what a pain! So 3 of you will get a lavender piece with a 4 inch piece of the butterfly, for color matching... I am going to make a embroidery butterfly block for the 16th block.

I am sure it will turn out fine, and I know I should not be such a big baby! Next time get 2 1/2 yards Grammy! Problem solved!

The Lady bug fabric would have been good, but I am not really sure I want to use it as a boom, so I am going to hold onto it for a while.

OK I feel so much better.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:03 PM

Well put Jupiter, making different blocks DOES expand the abilities...picking colors to go with F8's is sometimes a challenge but it keeps my mind alert and busy. PLEASE tell me what colors you want with the circles IF we are in the same group...MaryTodd, I have that same butterfly fabric only its a black background! Dont think Ive ever used it since I bought it. Its almost too pretty to cut up! Hurry Boom 10!
Old 06-15-2013, 01:20 PM

Oh wow black back ground, that sounds like it would be nice! I like black with vivid colors, it seems to make them brighter!
Old 06-15-2013, 02:33 PM

Well I learned a lesson today, guess I should have expected it, but somehow I didn't. I had a nice collection of FQ to use for this boomarang. So today, I pre-washed them all. You cannot realistically get two fat eighths out of a pre-washed FQ. So I got to wash twice. No worries, I'll always find a use for the left over, not quite fat eighth pieces.

Now I'm all set. Fabric is washed, pressed, cut, folded, in a ziplock back with a note and in the padded envelope all ready and waiting for the list of people to mail to. I'll post a photo of the folded pile of fabric if my email ever gets the message from my phone
Old 06-15-2013, 09:59 PM

Hey Cowpie2... all the extra pieces will give you a great start on the back of your quilt. It could be real pretty!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
I love the Boomerang Swaps. I get bored easily, so wouldn't even begin to make 30 blocks just alike for my own quilt. By swapping, I still make the same number of blocks, but it is amazing fun to work with other peoples fat 8s. Many are fabrics that I wouldn't choose for myself, but I like to making only one block with each. My horizon is expanding!

hugs, Jupiter
Oh I so agree - making 30 blocks just for me out of the same fabric - yikes! But oh - give me one F8 that I would not have even thought of working with and I am in for the challenge. I have learned how to do blocks I would not have attempted, matched colors that took me forever, and loved every block that has been returned to me. I have gotten to know a grand assortment of people from all over the world and looking forward to meeting more.April - thank you again and again!