Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-16-2013, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by dahna42 View Post
I would go for that as well, two small groups, one fast, one regular
You gals made me laugh. I love being in any group.......fast or slow.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:43 AM

MaryTodd. I went to find the butterfly fabric in black to take a picture for you and darn if I cant find it! Do you ever have TOO much stash where you cant find something?? Maybe another scrappy quilt better be in my near future! Ill keep looking for it...wow...where did all this "green" fabric come from? Im NOT a green person but have a lot of it!...
gremlins in my house bringing in fabric while I sleep??
Old 06-16-2013, 10:46 AM

I would love to do this swap but I have too much on my plate right now. I would opt for a small, SLOW paced group since I've never done this swap before. I have a grandson coming in August and I am trying to get a Bargello quilt done before Christmas. Maybe the next one, would love to join because it sounds like so much fun!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:57 AM

Lightbulb My Personal Quilt Shoppe

Joanelizbay, I solved a lot of my fabric stash problems by putting up a couple of shelves in the closet, then I got empty fabric bolts for free from the local fabric store (Joanns). I cut the card board into 10" lengths (about 3 per bolt). I dragged fabric out of drawers and buckets and started putting it onto the mini bolts. Any fabric with nearly a yard got onto the bolts and onto the shelves.

I had fabric turn up that I didn't even know I had. Then I labeled my old fabric drawers by color, and folded the small fabrics and put them in the appropriate drawer.

Now it is soo cool. I open the closet and see my own mini Quilt Shoppe!

hugs, Jup
Old 06-16-2013, 11:41 AM

Wow..thats a lot of organizing Jup! I have the "larger" pieces in one tub, civil war fabric in another, the little bitty pieces of fabric in a 2 drawer container and another container for the "not quite a yard" fabric in yet another one.
My house is so small that I dont have closet space or even a sewing room so have to keep it all in tubs just to be halfway organized! I like the idea of putting different colors in different drawers...hmmmmm....
Old 06-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cowpie2 View Post
Well I learned a lesson today, guess I should have expected it, but somehow I didn't. I had a nice collection of FQ to use for this boomarang. So today, I pre-washed them all. You cannot realistically get two fat eighths out of a pre-washed FQ. So I got to wash twice. No worries, I'll always find a use for the left over, not quite fat eighth pieces.

Now I'm all set. Fabric is washed, pressed, cut, folded, in a ziplock back with a note and in the padded envelope all ready and waiting for the list of people to mail to. I'll post a photo of the folded pile of fabric if my email ever gets the message from my phone
I have the same problem. Fat quarters are not true to usual measures any longer. I decided to send equal cuts, even though they wont be true F8's. However, I am considering sending a coordinating 6-8" square that will further tie my blocks together. I like this idea because it will open more block options if swappers choose to use it.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:50 PM

small group for me.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:13 PM

So happy to see the enthusiasm and as always you are welcome I love doing this swap for all to enjoy!!
I think I may have some of that butterfly fabric...I will check tomorrow for you and let you know.
On a side note I have 154 10" tumblers cut out of 154 different Alexander Henry fabrics. And so my quilt begins. I'm just worried its going to be too wide to send to a Longarmer for quilting
Hugs
April
Old 06-16-2013, 07:17 PM

I am all cut, wrapped, and stuffed. Envelopes that is I agree, it is hard to cut correctly. I have 6 that are pieces that equal 11x18. Those pieces are 11x11 and 11x7. I think there are two that are in pieces of 11x9, 11x6 and 11x4. The two that I kept for myself to do are in 11x4 strips. I purchased 4 yards thinking that it would be easy to cut. Next time I won't pre-cut in to 1/2 yards. Oh, well, it should all work out.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:21 AM

I am new to this site. If there is a small group doing a quilt swap and it is not too late, please include me and
let me know exactly what to do next. Thanks,

Kitdlit