Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT >

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

Old 06-17-2013, 01:23 PM

Well SP I just checked the tracking on your pkg and it said out for delivery? (It was supposed to be there today.) Guess what to the WRONG TOWN ugh!! It says its in Freeport Florida!! No where near way North of me... So I don't know when it will be there now... will check later and hopefully it's going in the right direction. First time that's ever happened.

Nice pkgs everyone! So sp I'll be waiting on the bench with you, although it is a little early, deadline was just Saturday.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:38 PM

I got a magnificient package just a few minutes ago! The doorbell rang and I am off the bench!!! Leiladylei54 sent me a wonderful box FULL of all kinds of things! Fabrics: 6 green FQs, 1/2 yd of button print (2 different patterns) 1/2 yd of sewing notion prints, wine coasters, kleenex holder, Timothy's teas, anti-bacterial hand gel in aa glow in the dark bottle, pins, embroidery scissors, Frixion pen,emory board, chop sticks,frog tape measure, wet ones, needle pullers,cutter blades, pattern for FQ club, Bird of Paradise Pillow pattern, Graph ruled book, a shell box ( I collect small boxes and this one is really pretty and all made from shells!), something I am not sure what it is...first I thought it was a large piece of Sea Glass but no...it smells wonderful..not sure if it is soap or a hand cream..whatever...it is lovely! She also made me a Stilleto and I have sort of craved one of those and a beautiful pin cushion. She sent a really nice note with a Pineapple pictured on the front. I noticed she makes these notes and she took the picture of the pineapple....STUNNING! Leidene, you really outdid yourself! (I am growing a pineapple..so far all I have is the plant...no little pineapples on it yet) Thanks again so very much.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2072.JPG
Views:	419
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	419598   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2073.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	419599  
Old 06-17-2013, 02:58 PM

Package arrived from Quiltymom, and look at the goodies I received! Thank you, Sue, everything is great.
She made me a table runner and a mug rug, and sent a book, find the word game, a little Mary Englebert journal, a fabulous pressing cloth - mesh, never seen one like it, I love it, and on the mug rug is a cellophane bag of what look like little candies but they are 4-1/2" squares (at least the one I opened was) all rolled tight like a piece of candy -- so cute. I cut all my scraps into 4-1/2" squares and use them in scrappy quilts, so I have a use for these little squares. Thanks again, Sue.

Name:	IMG_0800.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	419606  
Old 06-17-2013, 04:48 PM

wow today was a good day, both of my sp packages were delivered and then I received a package myself from Jamimclavgh? Hope I got it right, she stated she is new to quilting and I'm thinking maybe her first swap. Well she did an awesome job. I love everything you sent, the Tinkerbell Pillowcases are just to to cute, love the fabric with Tinker on it, haven't seen that before. She also sent to me turkey fat quarters to represent her state Massachusetts, Strawberry Twizzlers and Necco-(which I ate soon as I opened the package). A small tablet for list, coupon holder, some pretty pink ribbon, couple of projects to make and last of all, she remembered my fur babies. She send a bag of dog treats. Thank you so much I really love everything you sent to me. She also sent me a real nice note.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]419630[/ATTACH]

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	419630  
Old 06-17-2013, 05:04 PM

I got a special box from my SP. She didn't have a note inside. I think she is jclinganrey / Jane Reynolds. She really read my want list. I got wonderful low volumn fabrics in grey and yellow plus other pretty fabrics. I got a pound of coffee (YUM!), a darling round container with coasters from different cities, 2 spools of Aurifil thread, a thread cutter/pendant, a purse notebook, a journal with my initial, aloe cream, magnet and swatch buddies. I have never seen swatch buddies before but I love the concept. I cannot tell you how many times I have hauled fabric into the store to find co-ordinating colors that would match what I already have. Thank you so much jclinganrey. You sent me a great package.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419634[/ATTACH]

Name:	IMG_0030.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	811.6 KB
ID:	419634  
Old 06-17-2013, 05:08 PM

Quiltymom, I love the colors in the table runner you made for paintmejudy. I don't usually like tablerunners, but I really like that one.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:44 PM

I need to Thank two very special Secret pals....................

I will start with Quiltymom..............from the above posts I guess I wasn't the only lucky one to receive a package from her...............

You could say my package had a theme...........of frogs and mores frogs...........love it.................she sent me four different frog fabrics............and a bunch of I spy squares...........

I'm not finished yet.......she made me a potholder perfect for the 4th of July........and a sewing kit................so cool.........Then being really creative she made a ..........what do you call it......a notepad holder...........Quiltymom.......you need to help me out here.............

She also sent me a book..........and fabric treats.........

Then her son picked out the cutest glass frog.............I told you ........frogs and more frogs

Thanks Quiltymom..........for everything.........please post a picture so all can see..............
Old 06-17-2013, 06:09 PM

Gaijin.............. another special Secret Pal............I think I'm still in shock over the amazing purse she made for me........................love the colors........love everything about it...........not only that but she filled the purse up with all kinds of goodies..............

She sent fantastic fabrics for I spy quilts...........one even had frogs................oh yes.........more frogs............she also sent a stuff frog and a frog hankie..........which is so different.....never seen one like it...........

I also received a bright and sunny dishcolth..............love the homemade cotton dishcloths

Now this package came from Japan so it has been very interesting........to see the different fabrics.......but also she sent a flower maker I will need to figure out because I'm not versed in Japanese....................the flat head pins are easy to figure out........thank goodness..............

The one thing again that blew my mind was the cat treats she sent..........they are all individually wrapped.........just like individually pieces of candy..........

Gaijin even sent the Japanese version of Cup of soup...can't wait to try it...............

Thanks so much Gaijin............really really love the purse............please post a picture for all to see.......your the best

Last edited by catpawski; 06-17-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 PM

My box came today. It was a great surprise after getting up from my nap!

Jan Rutherford made me a pincushion and packed it with some wonderful things! I'll get a pic up as soon as my phone recharges.

Thanks Jan, I love it all.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:22 PM

Ok, here we go with the pics. I certainly can't do it justice by explaining the goodies! She made me MUG RUGS too! And a small pouch for my bank card or a couple dollars. I love carrying something Like that instead of a purse everywhere. Anyway, here is the LOOT!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]419659[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]419660[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]419661[/ATTACH]

Name:	Photo-0001.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	419659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0002.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	419660   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0003.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	153.2 KB