Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 11-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Janstar
Kelly, is BR11 a mirror image? If it isn't I can't get that one together for anything. It's driving me nuts!
i'm not sure but print it out as a mirror and color in the backside of the pieces and see if it goes together correctly.

thats what i do when i think something might need to be mirrored.

let me know if that works and i'll make the notes to the block list.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by Janstar
Kelly, is BR11 a mirror image? If it isn't I can't get that one together for anything. It's driving me nuts!
i'm not sure but print it out as a mirror and color in the backside of the pieces and see if it goes together correctly.

thats what i do when i think something might need to be mirrored.

let me know if that works and i'll make the notes to the block list.
Yes it is I made it as well, needs to be reversed.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:24 AM

I bought the Dear Jane book this week and I'm itching to try some of the blocks. I have a Mac so I won't be buying the program that goes with it (well, I can use Windows programs on my Mac but haven't figured out how to do it yet :( ) but I have found a couple of good tutorial sites that show how to put the blocks together. Here is one of them:
http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/

Here is a site where you can look at some completed blocks:
http://members.tripod.com/%7ELisa_Jane/index.html
Old 11-21-2009, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
I have a Mac so I won't be buying the program that goes with it (well, I can use Windows programs on my Mac but haven't figured out how to do it yet :( )
I have the same problem. Our "good" computer (only 2 years old) is a Mac, and my only Windows computer is over 10 years old. I don't know if the DJ software will run on the ancient PC, or if I'll be able to get it running via some emulation software on the Mac. I'm going to try, though, so if I figure it out I'll let you know!

Cheers,
Jan
Old 11-21-2009, 06:15 AM

I bought the Dear Jane book this week and I'm itching to try some of the blocks. I have a Mac so I won't be buying the program that goes with it (well, I can use Windows programs on my Mac but haven't figured out how to do it yet :( ) but I have found a couple of good tutorial sites that show how to put the blocks together. Here is one of them:
http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/

Here is a site where you can look at some completed blocks:
http://members.tripod.com/%7ELisa_Jane/index.html

Thanks! I am adding those to my DJ fav folder.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by ai731
I have a Mac so I won't be buying the program that goes with it (well, I can use Windows programs on my Mac but haven't figured out how to do it yet :( )
I have the same problem. Our "good" computer (only 2 years old) is a Mac, and my only Windows computer is over 10 years old. I don't know if the DJ software will run on the ancient PC, or if I'll be able to get it running via some emulation software on the Mac. I'm going to try, though, so if I figure it out I'll let you know!

Cheers,
Jan
If your Mac is only 2 yrs old then you probably are able to use Windows on your Mac. Here is a link telling about it (scroll about halfway down the page):
http://www.apple.com/macosx/compatibility/
I haven't learned how to do it yet (I've only had my Mac for less than a year and I'm somewhat computer illiterate :roll: ) but this would be a great reason to learn how :!: ... :D
Old 11-21-2009, 08:34 AM

Location: keeping the home fire burning and waiting for my son's safe return

I am planning to join all of you in this project. You will probably think I'm nuts, but I am hand sewing all of the blocks. I have pp several quilts, but my sewing machine and I don't always get along :P My son is a CW reenactor, so I am making it for him in repro fabrics and muslin. I am lucky to have a QS about an hour away that specializes in CW repro fabrics.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:35 AM

marinemom2J

I don't think you are crazy but I do think that you are just womderful for doing this for him!! this will be sucha special gift! I was thinking of doing by hand but with the time I have available to me that would take 20 years!! :lol: I can't wait to see your work :mrgreen:
Old 11-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Marinemom2J
I am planning to join all of you in this project. You will probably think I'm nuts, but I am hand sewing all of the blocks. I have pp several quilts, but my sewing machine and I don't always get along :P My son is a CW reenactor, so I am making it for him in repro fabrics and muslin. I am lucky to have a QS about an hour away that specializes in CW repro fabrics.
I was wondering if maybe it might go quicker to sew it by hand because then you could put the pieces of each block in a baggie and take them with you to work on now and then whenever you have a minute or two. My nephews were involved in the Civil War re-enactments and it was fun to go and watch when they were doing a re-enactment.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:49 AM

Location: keeping the home fire burning and waiting for my son's safe return

Yes, this was my thought too. I like to always have some project going that I can work on. My family wouldn't know who I was if I showed up without a quilt block or knitting in my hands. :D