stock up time

Old 06-28-2013, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
I was at walmart this morning and overheard employees talking about making room for the school supplies that arrived I thought of the elmers school that some of us use so time to stock up I'm down to my last glue stick.I was at dollar tree last week and they were getting there supplies in,I'm going to stock up on the elmers washable school glue dual tip pen I really like the pen so much easier and less messy to put binding on one end is a thick application and the other end is a fine tip.just thought I pass it on
I have the worst time with binding. I can't get it even on both sides. Any tips about the dual tip pen and how you use it to do binding would be appreciated.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the heads up...I will be on the lookout....
Old 06-28-2013, 05:35 AM

Yes!! That Elmer's Glue Pen is wonderful for binding and I also use it sometimes when piecing. And I now use the regular dispenser for basting. No more pins!!! YAY!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to remember that and the tax free weekend.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:16 AM

I have not seen the Elmer's washable school glue dual tip pen I will have to check that out and watch for it on sale. thanks for the heads up on school sales we were just mentioning that it is 6 weeks until school starts here.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:06 AM

Have anyone used the elmers glue spray??? I do use it a lot and love it . Yall try it .
Old 06-28-2013, 09:59 AM

I just bought 8 bottles at Dollar General (their brand) for 50 cents each. I store my glue stocks in a ziplock bag in the fridge. Think I heard of that on QB. So far, my glue sticks are still sticking.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
I have the worst time with binding. I can't get it even on both sides. Any tips about the dual tip pen and how you use it to do binding would be appreciated.
berry after I attach my binding either way front to back back to front I press my binding to the back and or the front really well then I apply glue to binding and press to the quilt the fine tip of the dual tip elmers glue works real well for me no mess hth
Old 06-28-2013, 07:30 PM

I have used a lot of glue in the past to stiffen crocheted angels. I got some for 48 cents a bottle. I made the comment to one of my teenagers that I should really quit drinking it. She was very quick to shush me. Can't take Mom anywhere.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 PM

B-Rabbit, you are cracking me up!! I love Elmer's and will definitely look for this dual tip pen--it sounds really handy! I haven't seen the spray. Another thing to pick up cheap is notebook paper for piecing. A friend of mine says to get the cheapest because it is lightweight, tears off easily, and she uses the lines on the paper as a guide to keep her strips straight! Gonna try this for sure!