Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 07-03-2013, 06:27 AM
Swap Hosts

Gaiatender, I might have a partner for you ... stay tuned ...
Old 07-03-2013, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
Oh dear! That is so funny about the chocolates not getting their photo opportunity Dabbler.
Those Cadbury Bubble Chocolates are the best - they just melt in your mouth and I was happy to share them with a quilting friend. Jan was my swap partner before and she was kind enough to include the same kind of chocolate in that package as well. Thanks Jan - I just finished at the dentist office - no cavities - guess it means it's a green light for more chocolates.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:05 AM

ok ok, where do we get the pictures of those precious kids on #203, would love to get them!!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Swap Hosts

Default It's Time

Yes, my Dearest, Darling Doll Quilt Swappers - it's time.

I have absolutely loved this swap and everyone involved in it. The creativity here has been amazing. I've watched myself and so many of you grow and stretch in new directions with each new theme and that has been an incredible inspiration.

The wonderful joking, the caring, the encouragement that we've shared here has been beyond what anyone could expect from an internet board -- and I know that several of us have formed real time friendships that will last forever.

I had the secret goal of making it to the 50th swap, but that is not to be. 50 is just a number anyway. So, with number 47, I am passing my hostess hat to whoever will take it.

If you are interested, please send a PM to PatriceJ. I know she has certain requirements -- not sure what they are but I suspect you need to be an active member for a while. So she is the best one to ask. She knows that I am retiring. Once a decision is made, I will send the new hostess my Excel sheet so you can keep track of it all.

This has been a wonderful experience for me and I hope the next hostess will have fun with it too.

That said ... July isn't over yet ... so let's get stitching!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:52 AM

You are one in a million my dear friend! Thank you sooooo much for doing soooo much for all of us for soooo long (even though I haven't joined in the last couple of months)! I wish you the very best in whatever endeavor you are moving on to now! It's always bitter/sweet making changes, but that's just a part of life, isn't it? Super big HUGS to you!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:52 AM

Oh Our Dearest Krystyna. Okay I am crying, even though I do understand that life is too busy and overwhelming for you right now. Call me selfish. You are a large part of why we all enjoy this swap so much! You keep the tone upbeat and your zany and wry sense of humor is always leavened with a huge dose of kindness and patience. I don't know how you've kept it up through the loss of your home and business, but I like to think that helping us all has helped you. This swap is a very special place and under your direction we are encouraged and our days lightened, friendships formed and creativity inspired. I hope you stay a part of this, even though you pass on the yoke of responsibility for keeping us moving along. Big Warm Hugs (((((((Krystyna))))))))
Old 07-03-2013, 01:02 PM

Yes, Krystyna, You have been a wonderful hostess and I thank you for it!! Life is always moving on and we need to go in another direction along the way! Be your lovely self in all you do! jillnjo
Old 07-03-2013, 01:36 PM

Just about done and ready to send, have the binding to sew on and then it's mail time. Still waiting on one from last month....
Old 07-03-2013, 01:51 PM

Do we get a vote in your retirement, Krystyna? Just asking cause I'd have to vote no!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Just about done and ready to send, have the binding to sew on and then it's mail time. Still waiting on one from last month....
Well, Jaba, that just stinks on a stick. If you don't get a response from your PMs you know what to do.