Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-06-2013, 11:07 AM

Cindy, I think you meant to say he is 19 years older. If he's only 19, good for you! You go, girl! LOL
Junebillie, I keep thinking about you being 60 and still having your period. Maybe you should have a baby. That would keep you young! Just kidding. That would be a nightmare. I am totally pooped out on the days I have Allie.
And the baking begins. I am gathering all I need for a batch of monster cookies. Actually a half batch. A whole batch takes a dozen eggs, 18 cups of oatmeal, a pound of butter, 4 cups peanut butter, etc. I think I can get by without going to the store if I just do a half batch. I also need to make a kettle of taco soup. That's what my kids want for their first meal when they get home. Just in time for a heat wave. Oh boy.
We will drive to Minneapolis tomorrow to pick up our daughter at the airport. We'll go again on thursday to pick up my son and his girlfriend.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:11 AM

OOPS yes i did mean 19 yrs older. LOL too funny. dating some one 19 ah no....not for this woman. that is younger than my boys..... creepy thought.

Glad your family is coming in and you will enjoy them.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:41 AM

Cindy I knew it was a typo but I still thought"you go girl!" I guess you have to decide if you are happy with the way things are or want more. Junebillie OMG still having a period at 60 I would die. I am so glad mine is done and over with. I finished up at 48 with very few menopause symptoms except my metabolism seems to have died.
I was going to go return some things at the mall today and grocery shop. I was too lazy to leave the house. I also needed to make some food for a picnic tonight. I made something out of what is here in the house. It actually tastes pretty good. I hope I can behave myself at the picnic.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:07 PM

I had a beautiful drive today, we've had a lot of rain and everything is so green and lush. We stopped at a quilt shop and I found lovely batiks and autumn colors but no florals that I liked, so I'll be going through my stash tomorrow morning to find a good one. I'll send them out early this week.

Has anyone heard of the Diet Digest? I might see if my library has it. But who am I kiddin' - I know I just need to really start exercising!!! My husband and I are putting the gym on the calendar and holding each other to it for this upcoming week.

I made a good recipe last night and it looks like I pulled it out of the WW magazine a few years ago. It had pork tenderloin, leeks, kale, sweet potatoes, apples, and chicken broth. It used a lots of pots and pans but considering all the things I needed to chop it didn't take too long to prepare and everyone (including all my picky eaters) liked it. I put a little in the freezer to see if it will freeze well. Do you think it will with those ingredients?

I still cannot find the jasmine brown rice. I find jasmine rice, but it's white. I'll keep looking.

Looks like competition for the batiks is going to be stiff!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

The only thing worse than having a period at 60 is well, um, what pat said. I don't even want to have that thought hit my mental faculties. lol....

Cindy, I am 15 years older than my husband. We are so alike, but it all happened later for us, wouldn't have worked when I was 18.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:03 PM

Goodness, if I don't get things under control someone else is going to be playing with MY batiks!!!!

Cindy, good luck with your date night. I hope you enjoy it.

CindyA, I have not heard of that...is it a book or magazine? let us know if it's worthwhile.

Pam, those cookies sound great. What are you baking for? I must have missed it.

JuneBillie, maybe it's that younger man that is keeping you so young. I don't miss my monthly visitor but I do miss my metabolism that left with it.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:48 PM

My kids are coming home from S Korea. They will be here for 6 weeks. I will be cooking and baking all their favorites. I put a comment on facebook about Kelsey's flight. I was afraid some of my friends who knew she was coming home this weekend may have thought she was on the plane that crashed. She wasn't. She gets in tomorrow night. She is already at the airport ready for her flight. She has to travel for 24 hours. Poor girl. Good thing she is young. It takes me 2 weeks to get back to normal after those crazy travel days.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:32 PM

Too tired to do anything so I'll sit here and dream about 'my' batiks. It looks like I'll have to lose more than 2 pounds (my best) to win, but don't count me out. I want to lose 14 - am I a dreamer or what?? We had two funerals back to back at church today. I don't care if I never see another piece of cake again. Lucky for me, there wasn't any gluten free so I didn't indulge. Funny I don't feel the same way about salads. I'd never get tired of the variety of salads that show up. Methodists do know how to cook.

I have a class reunion August 3rd - another reason to see where my waistline has gone - nah, I don't care where it went - I just want it back.

No dogs to walk today. Lily has always been spooked by fireworks, now Moira has joined her. Much bigger fireworks are legal to sell OTC in Michigan now so the booms are never ending - even during the day this week. Grrrr.

Pam, you are so lucky to have Allie nearby. I have a new DGGD who looks just like her mother did at that age except her hair is darker. I want to reach through the computer and touch those chubby cheeks.

JuneBillie, I have lupus and fibromyalgia, too. Sure makes it hard to get off the couch (well, computer chair) some days. I wish I could have a housekeeper even one day a week, but I'd have to clean the house first if I could suddenly afford it. I wore myself out in May emptying out my ex husband's apartment - I sure didn't clean it.

Cindy, sorry to hear you are trouble breathing. That's tough when it's humid out.

I bought black 'leading' (Kona) to start a batik quilt. Maybe I should wait until after the 31th when I know for sure I have new batiks coming. This week, before Wednesday A.M., I need to cut and mark the sashing strips and stars for the scrappy quilt our quilt group is making for the bazaar.

Good thoughts to all of you who need them - no, to everyone - we all need them so good thoughts to all.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 07-07-2013, 07:52 AM

Judy I live in Ohio where most fireworks are illegal. We have constant big ones going off here too. Hopefully they will be over soon. While I really enjoy them they are getting a little bit old in the middle of the night.
We had a picnic last night. Luckily the constant rain stopped so we could enjoy it. Our friend loves fireworks and puts on quite the display. He goes all out. He mounts them on boards and sets them off electronically. He says what guy wouldn't want to play with fire, electricity and blow things up all at once.
I ate pretty good at the picnic. Only a couple of cookies for dessert. Gotta get to the gym this week. I have been doing pretty good with that, I really enjoy my spinning class. I need to add some weight training too. ( gotta have those batiks). We are getting quite a bit of produce from the garden. I love it all. My DH loves the corn. I .can't eat too much of that. I am losing weight
Old 07-07-2013, 09:46 AM

Just checking in to say "hi" I'm up in Medford OR waiting for my precious granddaughter to wake from her nap. Poor thing is running a fever. We are supposed to head to Sun River but she got up at 4:45 and went back down at 5:30 this morning. It's 10:40 and she's still asleep.
I found a scale here at my daughter's friends house. I think it must be "off" a couple of pounds cause it says that I have not gained weight. I have a pair of capri's that are too tight so I'm sure that I have gained! At least maybe I redistributed my weight a little.
I have been away from home for 3 weeks now. It is tougher to make good food choices when you are not in charge of your meals. I have made some bad choices but have also made some good. Starting this afternoon I am with my side of the family. All three of my brothers and their kids will be together along with my parents. Only one brother's wife will not be there. I am coming with one daughter and my grand daughter. Another daughter of mine will fly up tomorrow night and drive back to Southern California with us next Sunday.
While here, we will get to go to the Sisters quilt show. I'm pretty excited about that. My daughter's , not so much. But we are close and I must go!!!
Anyway, my eldest brother's wife has her family on a very low carb diet so that should be good for me. there are lots of walking/biking paths so I should really work on getting out and walking and maybe even ride a bike a little.
Hope everyone is doing well with their food choices!
Gayle

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!