Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 07-07-2013, 06:43 AM

If you have the mail date as October 1 it would be perfect for fall. Works for me, gotta' change the summer stuff. Now I just had a thought, sorry, if mail date isn't until October we won't have time for a Xmas exchange. Can you shorten the sign ups to 2 weeks and then Sept. 1 to mail? Haven't looked at a calendar but think that would give us a Christmas present too. Whatever you decide okay here. Gees must be a good day, I'm being so pleasant
Old 07-07-2013, 07:21 AM

oh oh sign ups in a shorter time frame and a Sept date how about the 15th a compromise? extra two weeks then time to have another sign up for say a Christmas gift swap! something special...ornaments! or stuff! (lol).

Glad to hear your in a good mood this morning Jaba. Maybe you should can a few jars of it and save it for those other days? save me a quart. I am in good spirits this morning also. I am off to do a round robin quilt that I have stalled long enough on. wish me good points! I hope someone wants a halloween runner! or table mat or wall hanging. I am ready to whip one of those up asap.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:23 AM

also the longer you wait for people to ship the likelyhood of having swappers who forget they are in your swap goes up. so a short turn around 6 weeks is what I think is a reasonable time to make and ship something. I would like 4 weeks but that appears to upset people too.. so 6 weeks vs 3 months. just my opinion of course do as you will its YOUR swap
Old 07-07-2013, 07:24 AM

I would also change the title to something more specific so people can grasp the swap easier. love to see you get more swappers.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:06 AM

I'm walking on sunshine and don't it feel good. Glad everyone is off to a good day. I tried the stack and whack method yesterday - talk about fast - I did 14 blocks in no time. I finished my night off at a street dance listening to a favorite local band from 12 years ago. Today my son and his wife will be over to BBQ - life is good so celebrate.

Now the important stuff - 6 weeks is enough time; if you're signing up for a deadline then you know either get it gear or don't sign up. There's been a lot of drama on other threads and people aren't following through with their commitments and that's such a let down for those who truly want to participate. Communication is the key and weekly check ins for status/WIP update should be part of it.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:03 AM

I wasn't the one who made the 60 day shipping time. That was what was given to me when I originally asked PatriceJ's permission to start this swap. I'd originally said 1 month, but she changed it.

I'm going to think out loud for a minute, so to speak, so if I toss anything out that sticks, let me know....

If everyone got on the stick & we were close to done though, we could start a Christmas swap early, or, so it could be enjoyed for the entire Christmas season, we could make this a double swap. Every person gets 2 partners. They get a Christmas item partner and a general holiday partner? We could set either 1 deadline or 2 deadlines, 1 for each item. I don't want to confuse anyone though. And, with 2 members of this swap still MIA, loosing swappers mid-swap could be a challenge. However, when you're signing up, you could choose 1 or 2 partners, for either the general holiday swap, Christmas swap, or both swaps. I don't know if we'd want both of them to be the same partner, because what if one of them went MIA?

OK, thinking out loud over....

Speaking of MIA's, if I don't get a response soon from our 2 MIA's, I'm going to need 2 angels, so if anyone is interested in helping out, please let me know. I'm sure it's been a matter of unforeseen circumstances, but if I can't reach them, I can't confirm that, so...
Old 07-07-2013, 10:49 AM

just visiting today! it has been as hot here as everywhere elso so i have switched back to my vampire hours. i do love watching the sun come up as i toddle off to bed!
i have been making doll clothes and having a lot of fun. think i might open a doll thread and see if there is interest. there are alot of us grandmothers out there and a lot of us enjoy the dolls, too. i recently acquired a blonde, blue-eyed girl doll and a blond blue-eyed girl to give her to. it's still at least a couple years before my lulu will be interested, meanwhile, lala seems to really be having fun with her dolls. i will take 2 with me when i visit and include a couple of new outfits for lala's girls. i have to make some boy doll clothes as 'henry' and 'ford' do not have much to change into. last night i made a very cute halter dress, 3 pairs of shorts (with pockets) , pj's and a robe. will make slippers today. i have a really hard time working with the really thin knits. so only made a couple of t-shirts so far. not happy with how they come out. any hints or tips?

Last edited by nancia; 07-07-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:34 AM

yup.. buy them stretchy stuff YUCK. more power to you Nancia. I am just writing to say I had a good time in this swap with everyone and hope to play around with ya'all in the next one!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:38 AM

Now just where do you think you're going? Get back here!

OK, so I'm trying to finalize who has shipped & who needs angels. If you have shipped, and you didn't PM me, please do so. If you received and you didn't PM me, please do so. If you're waiting to ship & you haven't heard from your partner in a month, please PM me.

I only know of 2 completely MIA players, and I have 1 of them covered, but I still need 1 angel. Any takers? Do I need more? I'll be happy to pair up the people who haven't received yet, if you just let me know!

If we can't play fair, I won't play at all. I'm just putting that out there. Shipping deadline was a month ago, and I know it's summer and everyone is busy. I'm only showing about half shipped though.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:01 AM

Nancia about the easiest way to sew them is with a serger. It acts as its own walking foot so the fabric sews nice and flat with no stretch. Works well on double knits and satins too.
DM just sent you a PM incase, mine sent to Dabbler and she sent to me.