Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-08-2013, 10:32 AM

I've been gone on a short mini vacation with my DH, son, and DIL to Franklin, TN. We left around 7 p.m. Wed. evening and got home around midnight last night. I have piles of laundry in the hallway and a terrible headache. I found out I was one of the winners of the FQ's for June. Makes me feel better already! haha

Cindy, I have my FQ's for July and will try to get them in the mail to you this week.

While in Franklin, TN, I visited my first JoAnn's store. I bought 1 FQ, 1 FQ bundle and 1 yard and 21 inches of a striped fabric. My friend had coupons I could use so....I only spent 8 dollars. I was happy the rest of our vacation. haha

Well, gotta get off here and get back to the laundry. I've missed all of you and can't wait to read what all of you have been up to.

Debbie, The Teddybear Lady
Old 07-08-2013, 11:45 AM

My FQs went postal today, they should get to Cindy by the 11th. I am so sorry but I clean forgot to add the extra dollar to help with postage, I'll double up next time.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:13 PM

Cindy, I was able to get to the post office today so my 3 FQs are on their way. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:43 PM

It's hard to find a creamer without high fructose corn syrup - I think only Bailey's has real sugar and I don't care for it. HFCS has been found to a contributor to the protruding tummy so many people have - even at a 'normal weight'. I've been using just 2% milk. I add a sprinkle of cinnamon when I want added flavor. Funny a diet would allow coffee and green tea, but not black tea.

Irishgal, I like the quilt - sure saves a lot of piecing. Your machine looks like it handles it well.

I am going to lunch at a new restaurant this week. A restored train station from the late 1800s. The name is After 26 Depot. The concept is have employment for the mentally handicapped after they age out of the educational system at age 26. It will interesting to see how it works out because restaurant work is more demanding than some people realize. I certainly wish the endeavor the best.

I ate okay so far today. I will be going to bed early tonight so only 4 and half hours to go. Batiks, batiks. Maybe I should scatter some around the house to remind me that I've had enough to eat.

I wish you all enough - enough to eat, enough sleep, enough time for yourself, enough time with others, enough exercise, etc.

I AM losing weight and becoming healthier.
Judy
Old 07-08-2013, 03:05 PM

It is hotter than heck out and I am making soup. Not my choice. Both of my kids chose taco soup as one of their first meals they want while home. Hopefully this pot will last until friday when my son is home.
Sweet Allie got to meet her Aunt Kelsey this morning. They got along great. Of course, who wouldn't love the sweetest baby ever! Her uncle got to see her on skype.
Judy, that is a fabulous idea! After my card party tomorrow night I will get out some batiks to lay around the house as a reminder for me.
I'm wondering if people really like coffee. Wouldn't you drink it black if you like it? I hate it but then I've never tried it with creamer. Don't think I will start.
Dang weather! I have a migraine from getting overheated. It's going to be a long summer.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:54 PM

I am not a coffee drinker as such. I do like a cup in the afternoon for that 4:00 slump. Years ago I drank a moderate amount black, then had to give it up because it interfered with my heart rhythm, big time. My heart is better now than it has been for years so I tried a cup of coffee. No problem. Now I like it at 4:00, though not every day or if have my very occasional headache. A cup of coffee and a 20 minute nap take care of that. But I don't like it black anymore. Go figure. I really am a tea drinker - plain, please. Flavored is okay, but no sugar or creamer type stuff.

My son (41) was able to spend time with his great nieces (4 and 2) on the 4th. There is something about being related that makes such times special. I am making soup this week, too. I am hungry for bean soup whatever the weather. Thank goodness for AC. The intermittent rain today has done away with the heat for now.

Off to cut wide sashings or it'll be Wednesday quilt group and I won't have my part ready. I can't put the flying geese on the ends because I didn't sew the blocks so I need to measure them to be sure everything will go together. I can shorten the my 12 1/2" if the sewer didn't do a perfect 1/4". I'm not sure I'm a fan of communal sewing because I'm the only perfectionist in our small group. I'll have to adjust my thinking as it's not 'my' quilt.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:59 PM

Okay - with the weather - our TERRIFIC TUESDAY is just a bit early. Carry a bottle of water with you - in the car, in your purse, the stroller, wherever, keep hydrated. Start the habit and when it really get hot, you'll be ready. Plus the extra liquid will help you flush out that popcorn or hot fudge sundae!!! We've talked about the extra drink before a meal, so no need to go over that again. Just remember to DRINK (Water, that is)!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:36 PM

FQ's received so far this month

Meanmom 3 months
Quiltersmomma 3 months
Pete 3 months
Vanogay 3 months
IrishgalfromNJ 1 month

I need to pull my FQ's to add to the pot and will let you know as more arrive.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Power Poster

Mine is on its way Cindy.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 AM

This diet only allows for one cup of black coffee, no creamer. Working at it. There is something about the black tea that inhibits the fat burning according to the "plan". That is ok. I only got started on coffee after my second car accident wherein I was having such horrible migraines and that is what the doctor said I needed to do, an triple espresso when they get real bad. I never drank coffee ever before then. Now, I enjoy a cup or two every morning. If I am in a groove with quilting, love an iced coffee drink. But alas, need to get off the creamer. So the green tea and green herbal teas are good. There is a Fuji tea herb that is so delicious. I am going to order some more of that so I can drink it. It tastes great cold as well.
As for water, I generally, first thing in the morning, drink four cups to flush out the system. No less than two, but work to have four before the coffee. Clears the head, the toxins that have built up in the system overnight, and a full stomach so won't eat that delicious breakfast the DH makes in the morning. i did pass up his wonderful french toast this weekend. Only ate the scrambled plain eggs.