Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Organizing my room >

Organizing my room

Organizing my room

Old 07-08-2013, 05:25 PM

I don't mind the crafting stuff, but I am changing schools so at the end of the year I had to clean out my classroom. Oh my goodness I was in shock how much I have. I need to spend part of the summer going through all of it, but it has been so hot, I just can't get moving on that project.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:44 PM

Glad to see I'm not alone in this task. I did spend all weekend (except for 3 hours I pampered myself at a spa with a massage and pedicure). This evening my husband came into one of the rooms and said "It's beginning to look like a sewing room!". I think he was just happy I'm not paying rent on the studio AND I was able to bring everything upstairs and find a place for it. LOL The living room was the sorting station deciding if something stayed or left the premises.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:05 PM

I spent a couple of years long after my kids left trying to get the house "de-junked".. I really, really intended to clean the extras out, give away stuff and make the kids take their stuff home with them.. I did get the kid's stuff to them... Then my DMIL needed my help and I put the clean out on hold. After a couple more years she passed away and I have to clean out her stuff.. She was 93 and had everything she had ever had! My DL was anxious to begin work on her house so we made the decision to bring her "stuff" to our basement where I could finish finding homes for all the things. About the time I finally got it all over her and separated the tornado came and completely ripped everything to pieces. I have said that God knew I had good intentions, but that I'd never really get it done. So, HE took care of getting rid of stuff for me!!

Going through the debris I found our "To Do" list.. 2 full pages of a yellow legal pad.. I took a Sharpie and wrote DONE across the pages and gave them to my DL.. we laughed and tossed the pad in the pile of trash.

One way or another, it will get done.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:22 PM

Our kids had stored stuff in our attic. After several years of their not retrieving it, DH gave them all 1 month and informed them he was cleaning out the attic. DD asked us to continue keeping her baby stuff which we did. DS#1 asked what was up there and came and got it. DS#2 asked what he had up there and told his Dad he would come get it and help clean out the rest of the attic.