Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 07-10-2013, 01:08 PM

Well I did it.....went and purchased the 5d professional embroidery system!!!! Got it for $1299.95 plus I get the free upgrade to the 6d when it comes out! Installed it but I am going to have to play with it a lot as it just boggles my mind! Wish me luck....I think I'm going to need it!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:31 PM

This thread is confusing to me to navigate but I will give it a go! I saw a post here recently about people in search of 4D and 5D software. (I am still in the cave with 3D and doing fine, thank you very much) However I got this email today and thought I would pass it on in case anyone is in search of a new gadget. Go for it girls! Our world is so small Montana is right next door. Have fun!
[TABLE="width: 100"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][TABLE="width: 100, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Please contact The Quilting Hen at 406-734-5297 or email us at [email protected] if you are interested in any of the softwar specials.
All major credit cards accepted and we ship out same day.

Sorry no returns on software or booklets

www.quiltinghen.com
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Old 07-10-2013, 05:40 PM

You are going to love the 5D, I know I love mine!
Old 07-11-2013, 04:36 AM

I hate to be without my machine for a week while they clean it, so I try to take it to the shop on my way out of town for a weeks' vacation or out of town for the holidays. I can usually schedule it ahead of time so they have me on the schedule. There is one shop that says it I schedule it ahead of time, I can drop it off in the morning, do some shopping, and pick it up in the afternoon. Of course, this is for cleaning, not for a mechanical problem. We hate to be without our "babies"
Old 07-11-2013, 05:31 AM
Banned

I sooo know what you mean. Earlier this year I had to take my machine
in for "emergency surgery" (hahaha funny joke) because I was having
some ugly issues with it plus I made the mistake of leaving my (LARGE)
spool of bobbin thread to close to the right side of the machine where
the "wheel" is located and ended up with it winding around the wheel,
it was an ugly mess and a mistake I vow to NEVER make again.

It took them a MONTH to service my machine only because this all
happened right about the time they were moving into a new larger
building.

I DID have my smaller & older machine, but using that machine is just
not the same by a LONG shot, largest hoop is 5x7, only way to to use
designs is via a card (to which right now I can't find none of the 4 cards),
smaller viewing screen, etc....

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
I hate to be without my machine for a week while they clean it, so I try to take it to the shop on my way out of town for a weeks' vacation or out of town for the holidays. I can usually schedule it ahead of time so they have me on the schedule. There is one shop that says it I schedule it ahead of time, I can drop it off in the morning, do some shopping, and pick it up in the afternoon. Of course, this is for cleaning, not for a mechanical problem. We hate to be without our "babies"
Old 07-11-2013, 06:58 AM

I have a Bernina 200....and took one private lesson on it...tried it out a couple of times...but the steps and directions are just over whelming to me...so I put it back in the Bernina luggage carrier and it sits staring at me from the corner ....I enjoy the sewing machine, all of the items I purchased from a new move-in where I live...I don't think I could be much help to anyone....Still you have a great idea....Hattie
Old 07-11-2013, 07:09 AM

I know how overwhelming it can be. To be honest, after I bought my Viking Diamond the embroidery unit stayed in the case for 3 1/2 years! I finally took it out, and committed to getting through 1 -2 pages of instructions from the book per evening. In a week I had a full design embroidered. Be patient with yourself, go back and tell the shop you don't understand and ask if they have regular groups hat get together. My local shop has monthly digitizing and embroidery groups.
Another possibility, sign up fr a class, and let them know when you register for it that you are a novice. People there will be very willing to help you.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by BeckyB View Post
Well I did it.....went and purchased the 5d professional embroidery system!!!! Got it for $1299.95 plus I get the free upgrade to the 6d when it comes out! Installed it but I am going to have to play with it a lot as it just boggles my mind! Wish me luck....I think I'm going to need it!
Good for you! That is awesome. I got the 5D Pro and absolutely love it. I've been going through the books and doing the stuff and it's still a bit overwhelming at times. If where you bought it does classes, they are a definite must! There is also a DVD that they probably tried to sell to you that is really a great investment. It is the "Simply Teach Me" set - fantastic! The other thing I found is an online tutorial at MrPatience.com Of course it is a subscription site, but he also has a number of free tutorials which are so easy to follow. Great stuff! Congrats on your new adventure. Jane
Old 07-11-2013, 07:25 AM

Default A website to check out.

I found a site www.sewterific.com which is really a nice site. I found it by looking for redwork but she has all kinds of stuff. I have not purchased anything from there so can't attest to the accuracy of the digitizing, but it is certainly fun to browse.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Belkocm View Post
You are going to love the 5D, I know I love mine!
Me too. I have 5D pro and waiting to see how much the upgrade for 6D will be in the fall. If you go to mrpatience.com he has videos, and classes on 4D and 5D that may help you. Some of his stuff is free and others he charges for but there is enough free stuff to make it worth checking out.