Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 AM

The weather has turned really hot here. It has been weird this summer. I am waiting on someone to come to install new internet and phone. Supposed to come some time between 12 and 4. I hate this. Wastes half of my day. I guess I will have to quilt all afternoon. I babysat my DD cat a week ago, GRRRR! NOW MY CAT AND HOUSE HAVE FLEAS. I will have to set off a flea bomb tomorrow and give the poor cat a flea bath. He isn't too fond of baths. Hopefully I can do it without getting bit.
I have wanting to dye my own fabrics for a while now. I wasn't sure even where to start on it. My guild is having a fabric dying class tonight. WOO HOO! I feel like I just need the basics to get started on it then I can play. I also just signed up for a class on fabric marbling on Sunday. I have seen her work and she is really good. Can't wait to play with the dyes. I can never find the perfect fabric for what I want. Now I can make my own.
I have been eating really good. I think I ate too many tomatoes and watermelon. I made the mistake of taking my DD with me to Sams yesterday to shop. She talked me into buying some dark chocolate covered pretzels. MAn are they good. I told her I would only buy them if she took them home with her. She tried to leave them here so she wouldn't eat them all. I hid them in her clean laundry. I got a nasty text from her this morning when she found them. Gotta have those batiks!
Pat
Old 07-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Power Poster

Coffee is something me and my dear husband have to have. We are real coffee drinkers. 2 pots per day for the two of us. His mom use to take coffee to bed with her, and would sip on it before she laid down. She had breathing issues, and it helped her. I had a student in my class when I was still teaching who had cerebral palsy, and his Dr. told his mom to give him a little coffee each morning. It actually helped to calm down his spasming .

I worked a while out in my little flower garden today cutting out some of the weeds.

Husband put out some more bird seed in all our containers so they will be happy.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:01 PM

I had my card group at my house tonight. Spent all day working on the house and the food. I am exhausted! I must have been on my feet 14 hours. Everything hurts. My feet and legs don't want to walk upstairs to go to bed. But it was a lot of fun! This group has been playing 500 for 30 years. We all met in newcomers club when we first moved to town. At that time we were all having babies. Now we are all having grand babies. Within the last year there are 10 new grand babies in the group of 12. Ok, time to see if I can hobble off to bed.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:31 AM

Pam, that sounds like so much fun. I love the longevity of your group. The years do fly, though, I've been a member of my book club longer than I realize. I know what you mean about being tired after spending so much time preparing.

I'm going to walk today and have been much better about drinking water. Having oatmeal for breakfast - so off to a good start.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:28 AM

Weigh in is this morning. Hope it is good I have been behaving myself pretty well. I made some cauliflower poppers last might that were supposed to taste like hot chicken wings. They were really good. They could have been a little bit crispier. I will have to fool around with the recipe.
I learned to dye fabric last night at my guild meeting. Now to figure out what to make with it. This is something I have been wanting to do for ages. I am taking a class on fabric marbling on SUnday. Can't wait.
Heading to my moms to help her pull weeds today. Then watching the grandkids this afternoon. Everyone stay cool and eat healthy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01128.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	423278  
Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 AM

Meanmon, fabric dye looks good. Not my thing, I think. Would rather just buy it.
I worked out in the front yard this morning - worked a little over 2 hours there. DOesn't really look like alot accomplished, but I know I did some damage to the weeds. I took my coffee out with me. We are coffee people also. However, I insist on decaf. Really do like it better. I'm working my husband off the sugar - I'm already pretty much sugar free and we're working with his intake. He takes some pretty strong meds and they make his mouth dry. He enjoys sucking on wintergreen mints - and he bought a great big bag of them last time when I wasn't there - they are full of sugar. He gets hyper almost like a little kid. I'm taking them with us on a trip and will leave some behind. I bought another bag of sugar free for him. He does know better, but doesn't think it matters. Weigh ins look good so far this month.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:43 PM

I need a pound of chocolate and a strong (I do mean strong) drink right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:49 PM

QuilterMomma hope everything is Ok. Chocolate and a strong drink sounds bad.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Power Poster

You ok quiltermomma?
Old 07-11-2013, 03:34 AM

Default B4 & after

This picture is just a post to show ladies in chat my weight loss progress. ty
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	b4-after.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	423377