Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-18-2013, 02:56 AM

Irish I really like the wall hanging. I of course love the purples. Cindy A I have found I need to eat more protein. While all the carbs in the bagel are yummy they don't seem to stay with you. I eat a lot of greek yogurt and eggs for breakfast. I also have a smoothie mix for days when I am lazy or in a hurry, just add water and throw it in the Magic Bullet.
I have been wanting to make me a purple quilt for years. Just not sure what pattern yet. I also have a collection of flamingo fabric to make me a quilt. I want to do something with a flamingo on it. Some day I will find the pattern that speaks to me.
My weight loss isn't what it should be with what I have been eating and the amount of exercise I have been doing. I had a long meeting with my weight watcher leader yesterday to discuss it. She suggested I cut down on fruit :-( and eat more protein. I will try it for a week and see. My DS sent me his flight info and said his plane would be in at 9:30 AM today, luckily he called last night. He gave me the wrong info he gets here Friday. I would have driven to pick him up on the wrong day. It is just over an hour to the airport.
Everyone eat healthy( as long as you don't loose more than me, I NEED the batiks) and stay cool.
Pat
Old 07-18-2013, 04:09 AM

Well, Pat, I'm going to give you a run for those batiks. You'd better listen to your weight watch leader or I'll beat you. Of course with that being said, I went on vacation for a week and came back about 1/2 pound heavier (not really bad for all the restaurant foods, etc), but it is UP. Wrong way. I'll be on bread and water for the rest of the month!! Cause, you see, I too NEED those batiks!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:49 AM

No bread and water for me - I WANT the batiks. Eating bread would derail any hope of winning them for me. It's a tough time of year to limit fruits, but I agree with Pat's WW leader. Veggies are good, too, but most are better with butter. Hmmm. Today must be the 18th. 12 days to go.

I've never been a fan of purple, but that's changing. I have a gorgeous purple feature fabric with coordinates of olive green to make a quilt for my bed. I have a pattern in mind, a bag of fabrics - the problem - I share my bed with two dogs - one 57 # and one 34 #. I'd hate to wash a nice quilt as often as wash the inexpensive commercial ones that I currently use. I did have a $200 comforter when I had a 75 # wolfdog and and 53 # coydog that held up fine for at least 7 or 8 years so maybe it would be okay. Something to think about.

The heat index was 101 yesterday, but the temp dropped late in the evening and there were no fireworks so I was able to get a decent walk in. Because I'm not a sun lover I enjoy evening walks.

Yesterday while cleaning a closet and checking purses before putting them in the give away box I didn't find any money, but I did find 3 pieces of candy. Now you know why I don't lose weight.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:01 AM

And did you throw the candy away??? I know you wouldn't eat it...
Old 07-18-2013, 08:22 AM

You're kidding, of course. I sniffed it, it smelled fresh so enjoyed every morsel.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:58 AM

That is a good one irishrose. I am in the running hard for those batiks. The veggies are growing in the garden. Had tomatoes yesterday for lunch. I snacked all day instead of a meal, think that keeps me more on track. I have a large salad and lots of leaf lettuce. Unfortuantely the lettuce is about done in the garden, but loving it while I can. Not sure how faithful I will be on Saturday for the birthday party, but will keep a picture of those batiks in my mind when I think I need to drink my favorite punch which has the most calories in it, then will veer from the potatoe salad, but fill up on the veggies and burgers.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 PM

At my weigh in today I was down .4. I'm .2 away from 40 lbs. It's a slow process but at least I'm going in the right direction.

By the way, has anyone ever made a quilt using purples and lime green? I just can't wrap my mind around that. haha Those are the favorite colors of my DIL's niece who is 15.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:54 PM

I've been in a training class for 2 days, so I've been sedentary. I did resist the urge to grab a candy bar and cold Coke today. It would have been comfort food for me to get me through all that sitting. But I resisted and feel good about making better food choices.

Stay hydrated in this heat everyone!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:54 PM

Red/purple and yellow/green are direct opposites on the color wheel so that's a very tried and true color scheme. Sounds good to me. BTW, congrats on the continued weight loss. 40 pounds will be a day to celebrate. Heck, .4 is a reason to celebrate!

I made cookies to take to an outing tonight. I had to put them in the fridge to get them firm enough to stack. Dinner (BYO) in the park and jazz by the lake. The breeze off the lake will make it cool enough. I'm going to pick up a chef salad at a pizza place on my way.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:52 PM

I just got home from a massage. OMG did it feel good. I haven't had one in ages. It is really hot here again today. The heat index is well above 100. I finally made it to Ikea today to get some pillow forms to cover for the living room. Not sure when I am going to do that. I was just commissioned to make 2 more quilts. One we have chosen the design for. SHe need to choose a couple of colors for it and I need to figure a price. I know she will pay what I ask. I always have a hard time setting a price. Someone else wants a baby quilt made out of her moms old scrubs. She want to wait until she finds out the sex of the baby. I told her to look online at designs. I would like to see the scrubs to see if they speak to me with a design. I made a zucchini casserole for dinner. Made with FF ricotta and parmesan cheese(not FF). Smells good baking. I need to figure out the WW points in it. Should be pretty low. Also made a cucumber salad to go with it. I might even have something left over for an evening snack. Stay cool!
Pat