Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Searching for a particular quilt >
  • Searching for a particular quilt

• Searching for a particular quilt

Old 07-19-2013, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Google images of Carpenter Star quilt and every variation of that name, like just carpenters star, carpenter star quilts (the plural), carpenter Star quilt pattern, etc. If you still can't find it after all that I would see if you can't download a line drawing of a carpenter star quilt and get out your crayons or colored pencils.

Here are my results using "Carpenter Star Quilt"
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...mg.VmgwGYT604o

Edited to add, also do a search on Broken star, a very similar pattern but more intricate. It is kind of like a hybred between lone star and carpenter's star

CARPENTER'S WHEEL is the old fashioned name for Carpenter's Star, so look it up, too
    Old 07-19-2013, 06:00 AM

There is a book. Stars unlimited by dereck Lockwood look at the quilt on the cover that may be it. The quilt is called Galaxia. I just checked amazon has the book you can look at the cover and see if it is the one just go to their book section and type in stars unlimited
    Old 07-19-2013, 08:28 AM

I am brand new so I am not very " savvy" at navigating yet BUT I saw the Carpenter Star quilt in the Picture section earlier this week. If you look in the Archive section of the Pictures you will find it listed as entry number 101 50th Anniversary Quilt. Perhaps you can get information from that member about the pattern. Hope this helps.
    Kansas Heart
    Old 07-19-2013, 09:39 AM
    Power Poster

Here is the link to the quilt picture Kansas Heart posted about: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t225579.html

The number of the listing changes when another picture is posted.
    Old 07-20-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote" Carpenter's Star) a year or so ago (it might even have been in 2011) that looked like it was exploding from the cente" -

Click on this site - I think this may be the one you are looking for.

www.quiltingboard.com/attachments/pictures-f5/340154d1338956400-p6050073.jpg

Her avatar:

<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 2.5px 0px; float: left; width: 190px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Oct 2011</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Ottawa, Ontario, Canada</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">473</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Feedback Score</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;"></dd></dl>

Watercolour Star (POSTED 06-05-2012) BY kRISTAKZ
    I started this quilt back in September, with the vague thought that I wanted to make a watercolour quilt. Not being one to conform to patterns, I played around with various arrangements on my wall and ended up with this. Quilt is done, quilted, and bound - and now just needs to survive it's first trip through the washer to remove the pencil marks. Think happy, non-bleeding thoughts for me

Old 07-20-2013, 06:39 AM

hi

would this be the pattern your looking for

search for candlequilter star block
    Old 07-20-2013, 10:32 PM

Is it this quilt Angel play by Margaret Miller somewhere on this site.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	424956  
    Old 07-25-2013, 04:57 AM

Again, my thanks to all of you who took the time to search out the quilt and reply! I still have not seen it and I have looked at all of your sugestions. It may have been just a photo someone submitted a while ago. I have the Carpenter's Star pattern and have made it in some vibrant colors; I just remember this particularly beautiful quilt and would have liked to see it again so that I could make a similar one. (It may have been a photo someone took at a show, too.) Anyway, I will continue to look for it and if I find it at some point, I will ask permission (if needed) to repost it. Happy summer to all of you!
    Old 07-25-2013, 05:40 AM

Cani ask was it one star or a group?
    Old 07-25-2013, 03:57 PM

It was a single large star, which is why I believe it was a Carpenter's Star. I seem to recall that the colors were vibrant and started with either yellow or red at the center and the way the colors were arranged made it appear to be moving outward from the center. Thanks for asking.