Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 07-21-2013, 08:22 AM

Well I sure wish I had some flamingos to send you way. Sorry, not a one.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:50 AM

I wish I could put my hands on the apron I made my senior year of high school. The fabric was bright blue with green foliage, tropical birds, and you guessed it, FLAMINGOS! A lady at church gave me the fabric. She had it in her stash and didn't have anything to do with it, so when they asked for donations to help make items for the state competition, that arrived in my hands along with 2 others I used to make a shirt and pair of culottes. Of course, back then my sewing was terrible because I lacked practice. I think I wore the outfit once & gave it away, but I wore that apron until I got too big for it. It was only made for up to about a size 12 or 14 waist. In hindsight, I should have made it with ties instead of a button closure.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:39 AM
Power Poster

I'm good with you letting me know if there is something you just don't really want. I usually do it randomly but I take into consideration allergies and shipping concerns. so if you really don't like a certain type of quilt I'll do my best to include that also when I set up the mailing list. No problem at all.

If you also post on here your preferences the person who is making her wh can take that into consideration in her choices also. that way there will be a wh that will have your colors or your likes. As it is all anonymous at this point it is open to interpretation for each one to decide if they want to use a mentioned like or colorway. So you may still end up with something that may not be your exact preference. That is just the risk you take when you join a non partner swap such as this.

I would prefer to see everyone make what they want to make with no restrictions. But I don't have a problem with suggestions of what you would like to see.

Just post a lot of pics and have fun!!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:14 AM

I've just sent in my information, so here we go!

I love bright colors. I love marbles. I love the contrast of brights and black. Because "the man" is a professor at Auburn University, and as they say, we're "all in", a lot of our home decor is orange and blue, mixed with black, chrome, and earth tones. I also love batiks. I'm so excited to participate!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:32 AM

ube-- wish i knew you when! i tossed 11 flamingos in tutus last spring! dh didn't see the humor in flamingos doing swan lake on the front lawn. i made the tutus with screening (also known as indoor/outdoor bird tulle, lol). and sprayed them all, you guessed it, flamingo pink. i thought they were quite fun!
d's m-- flo's pleased to see you here too.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Power Poster

Here is an appetizer for everyone. My first idea.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]425081[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04623.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	425081  
Old 07-21-2013, 07:19 PM

Thanks ube quilting, I like your 1st idea just fine and you can send it to me. Now I can see it up close and personal, you're just teasing me with it.....it's beautiful!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Power Poster

Default Sign Up!!

Have a great time with this swap everyone!!
Remember to post pictures along the way!! That's half the fun!

For anyone who hasn't joined us before please make sure to send me your address.
Let me know if you have any allergies or anything else I should know.
Also let me know if you are smoke free or fur free home.

Welcome to our new players!! And Welcome Back to our regular players!!!
Hope you all have a great time planning and posting pics and creating great Wall Hangings!

As long as you have a wall hanging ready to mail by the mail date you can join us any time.

1. cjr
2. ube quilting
3. skaduzy
4. quiltymom
5. tildemae
6. cogito
7. Yankeegirl
8. Quiltjoey
9. Quiltaddiction
10.Jaba
11.Elisabrat
12 JNCT14
13 mimiknoxtaylor
14 applique
15 createfourpaws
16 nancia
17 Aurora
18 Dusty'sMomma

I'm going back to the original idea and everyone who sends me a confirmation that they have a wall hanging ready to mail will get an address to send to. this way everyone should get their wall hanging in a reasonable amt of time.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Power Poster

I love all the things I"ve seen posted lately!! Keep it up everyone! I know we'll see some fantastic wall hangings in Oct!!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:49 PM

Rhonda, I want to join, I thought I already had! I am working on some Art type sewing and I have an awesome idea for a wall hanging, Think Fall colors. Can we incorporate re used items? I do a lot of work with Denim but have never done anything here because of the restrictions on it not being "quilting fabric. I would love to do something with possibly denim or maybe some other kind of fabric. How fun that would be!

If you want I can post pictures first and if no one likes then, not a problem.