Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:13 AM

Now who is the mom? Your board name is meanmom, you are being so kind. LOL

I bet mine is the expecting to much to soon, then the support system which you gals are helping me on, then trying to be a perfect eater. I am giving up thankfully on the perfect eater issue. Increasing those calories is helping my disposition. Went to massge last night and ouch to the max, the muscles are so tight she could hardly get them to loosen up. Some major soreness today. I am down another pound. See I listened to you all. I am even eating a little breakfast to help with the metabolisim. Loving boiled eggs and a piece of fruit.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:09 AM

The thing that helps me sleep well is yoga. I went to yoga last night then slept like a baby and even woke up a little late today. It also stretched out my lower left back which felt like it was about to go into muscle spasms. I only go once a week, but having that one night of deep sleep is awesome.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
The thing that helps me sleep well is yoga. I went to yoga last night then slept like a baby and even woke up a little late today. It also stretched out my lower left back which felt like it was about to go into muscle spasms. I only go once a week, but having that one night of deep sleep is awesome.
sounds like you need to do yoga more than one a week if it helps
Old 07-25-2013, 08:54 PM

6 (Expecting too much too soon) and 7 (Being a distracted eater) are my worst from this list of my downfalls. I tell myself slow and steady wins the race, but, in truth, I want to lose a pound a day. Yeah, I know a pound is 3500 calories so that's not feasible, but I had a high metabolism for so many years and had to overeat to hold my weight that I have a distorted picture of weight loss. Eating alone leads to distracted eating for me. That and eating anywhere except the dining room.

You fellow travelers on this journey are a bad example. I wan to make a purple quilt and I've never been a purple fan. I don't need any more ideas on my list.

How is everyone doing? I truly hope that the month is going well for you.
Judy
Old 07-26-2013, 03:55 AM

Quiltmom, I was not a breakfast eater for years. I had to force myself to eat it. Now I can't do without it. I find something with quite a bit of protein is best for me. If I miss breakfast I find I lack energy and get really hungry mid afternoon. I became meanmom years ago as a joke. Whenever my kids would whine because I wouldn't let them do something I would tell them I learned it at meanmom school. (my sister and SIL always said this too)
I told my DS if he doesn't quit bringing home all this bad food he is going to have to buy me a bunch of FQ. Doing OK with him home. I have been trying to hit some extra exercise this month. I just don't feel like I need more sleep. MY DD has been using a website called www.myfreeyoga.com. She says there are all different levels of yoga. Maybe I will give it a try.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:52 AM

I got on the scale this am and lost another pound. I am so excited. I can handle this. Ate my egg, zucchini, nectarine and coffee for breakfast along with four cups of water. I actually am doing the four cups of water before I put any food in the tummy.
Now for another busy weekend for me. I have a concert to attend this evening, get to see Peter Frampton, tickets were given to us for our 50th birthdays. I have not been to an actual concert of this magnatude for some time. DH's teeth are hurting pretty bad still so not sure how that will go over. Might have to take a child with me instead. Then I teach heart bargello tomorrow, and lots of longarm quilting on Sunday. Wanting to earn enough to be able to go to Reno with DH on his business trip. Redgarnett is all ready for me to be there and I think it would be a blast. Off to work now so I can get stuff done today.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:04 AM

The weather cooled down this week, only 45 this morning with fog. Felt more like September than the end of July. DH works tomorrow so I plan on working in my sewing room for a bit. DD wants some things she left home (I'm using her bedroom) and if I get them out it will give me some space to work with. I need to organize some projects and I discovered how much I enjoy just sitting by the window and looking out over the back lawn. It's not a very big space but I really want to make it my own. And yes I did lose some weight this month and I got below a number I haven't seen in many years. So I'm pretty happy with what I've managed to do since the first of April. Thank you to everyone. It's been 20 years or longer since I went down in weight. You have encouraged me in a way no one else has been able to. Blessings to you all.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:37 AM

countrymaid, itt's wonderful that you have seen a loss. It's okay to post numbers - our weights don't have to be big secrets. I know some are working for the excitement of reentering Onederland. Took me a while to figure that one out - under 200 puts us in Onederland (100+).
Old 07-26-2013, 10:46 AM

Onederland.....I like it!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
I've been feeding my emotions and was up 1.8 today at my weigh in. My best friend's husband passed away suddenly Thursday night of a heart attack. He was already in the hospital because he had a problem with his heart. The doctors had put in a pacemaker so they could do bypass surgery. He was sitting up in bed, talking and laughing with family and friends when he went into cardiac arrest. He died despite the efforts to save him. He was 71. When I get upset, I want ice cream. I guess that's my "drug" of choice. After weighing today, I told my counselor I just didn't care anymore about dieting or what I looked like or how I felt. She just looked at me and said..."I care about you! You're just feeling this way now because of your friend's situation". I started crying and realized I do care, I'm just sad. I talked to my friend this afternoon and she is sad but doing okay. Please keep her in your prayers for the next few days. Her name is Teresa.
I'm back on track! I went for my weigh in today and was down 3.4 That means I lost the 1.8 I had gained then lost an extra 1.6. My overall total now is 41.4 since Jan 1st. I think what helped me the most this week was hearing my counselor say..."I care". I've had a lot of ups and downs on the scale this month. Maybe I've got my "act" together now and can get on with it. haha