Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 07-25-2013, 06:51 PM

Great DQ's once again, my partner rec'd hers already-and the P.O. said not till Monday-ha! I love catching up with everybody's work, keep stitchin!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:23 AM
Swap Hosts

Hi everyone! Just catching up on posts. Sorry I've been MIA, but in my non-QB life I've been getting a LOT done! Great little quilts coming in. I can't wait to see more! Seems we're a little light on photos this month? Maybe my imagination. I sure wish I had a partner for this month ... and for May, too since they were two of my favorite themes. Oh well.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:45 AM

[QUOTE=Cogito;6196396]PLEASE dont choose this for a monthly swap. Looks extremely complicated!

I wasn't thinking for this swap, that would not be good, but for an entirely new, proly one time thing!! I don't paper piece either, but it is on my bucket list. My bucket is BIG and it do runneth over. LOL

Have you all ever had "one of those" days? Last night. I just need to get the label done for Bertie's DQ. So I embroidered one. Put "Aug" and it is the July swap. So, I did it over. Then tried to finish off the edges and my machine wouldn't sew. I rethreaded, and broke the needle, so I tore it apart and took a bucket of lint out. It still won't sew. The bobbin holder appears to have "spun", so it will have to go to the repair shop. So, I think, I will use the serger to finish off the edges. Well, that label is STUCK in the serger. It snatched the fabric and jammed it so far down into the bottom that I couldn't get it out. I went to bed. The label is still stuck and the DQ is still waiting for it. Tonight I will use my paint pencils so I can get it in the mail before the PO closes. Some days it just doesn't pay to even try!

On a better note, I have folded all my cotton fabric onto boards and can now find a piece when I need one! Still lots of work in my room, but that was an amazing start!

Last edited by buslady; 07-26-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:07 AM

Oh, Buslady. That sounds like a bad day for sure sewing wise. I hate it when the machine eats the fabric. Info for everyone -- when you remove a bobbin from its holder, be sure to BACK the thread out and don't just flip the bobbin out and pull the thread on through. That can spring the tension in bottom of the disk. Ask me how I know. I didn't remember ever being told that! Also, don't pull your needle thread back up through the tension disks. Always pull it on down towards the needle and out. Krystyna, I will be a partner for you for this month (July) if you want me. I still have a week, haha.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:20 AM

I Finally mail my DQ off to Createfourpaws today! Had it ready and just couldnt get it together enough to package it up!
Hopefully will arrive there by Tuesday.... (if you want a sneak peek... check out my blog... http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com/) Createfour paws you can't peeK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
I Finally mail my DQ off to Createfourpaws today! Had it ready and just couldnt get it together enough to package it up!
Hopefully will arrive there by Tuesday.... (if you want a sneak peek... check out my blog... http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com/) Createfour paws you can't peeK!!!!!!!!!!!!
I almost peeked but I will wait until it arrives. I will post a picture once it arrives.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Got my DQ back from the LAer yesterday. Now to the binding then in the mail. Hope my swap partner likes it.

Jane
She is going to love it!!! I hope you like yours!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:09 PM

BertieD..that quilt is awesome and so is the stamp!!! You are such fun!!!! Createfourpaws I looked for you! You will love that quilt QuiltingCrazy made for you! Love the quilts coming in. I will mail mine tomarrow I hope...just need to verify my partners last name! Toodles everyone!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:27 AM
Swap Hosts

Lisa, it's wonderful! Oh I wish I had been in this month. Missing all the fun.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:04 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426429[/ATTACH]received a wonderful fiber postcard from the neighbors across the lake! thank you Quiltylady for a beautiful look at Michigan. I enjoyed reading the additonal pages that you sent... Its GrrrrrrreeeaaaTTTT!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0035.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	453.9 KB
ID:	426429