Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-27-2013, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
sounds like you need to do yoga more than one a week if it helps
I'd love to but it's expensive and takes so much time to drive out there and back. I do try to stretch on my own at home, which is not quite as good but does help some. I had a make up class this week so I went in yesterday morning, which made the second class for this week. It was a morning class and by late afternoon I was almost asleep on my feet! I managed to stay awake and then got a really good night's sleep.

I made a nice salad last night for dinner. It took so much time I don't know how I can do it after work when I'm so tired. Maybe I can 'prep' part of it on the weekends and make it faster during the work week. If I can be that organized.

I'm up a little too. I'm not sure if I do better by weighing in daily or weekly. Daily reminds me to stay on track but I also feel on a roller coaster with every lb up or down.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:38 AM

CindyA I find that if I weigh about every few days, I do better than if I weigh daily, because our weight can flucate daily. Have you tried any of the yoga videos to see if tey will help.

I do spend time on the weekends to make meals for the week. I work long days and don't get home until about 830-845 pm each night. So I try to take 2 meals to work with me so I can eat before I get home, otherwise i am eating way too late. and I have had some nights that I don't eat which is not good for my diabetes and being on insulin.

I fell asleep on the couch last night, woke up around 3 climbed in bed and now up ready for my day, which I will be finishing the binding on the t-shirt quilt, only 24 inches left to do on the binding. Will be delivering tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:40 AM

Teddybear lady congrats on getting back on track. I know how it feels when you keep losing.

Keep up you good work.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:06 AM

T-shirt quilt is done, change my avatar to show it. There are more pictures in my album, my quilts with some close ups.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:56 AM

Cindy, congratulations on a job well done. It will be a relief to deliver that one.

My weight is down again. Not sure what's going on, but I'll take it. I like to weigh myself every morning though I did forget yesterday. I bought raspberries and peaches along my veggies at the farmer's market yesterday. The peaches are fantastic. I love when local fruit is available which isn't long with our climate.

Today is clear flat surfaces day. It's amazing how quickly they fill up if you concentrate on something else for a few days. Paper, paper, paper!

I am losing weight and becoming healthier.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:16 AM

thanks Irishrose, yes I will be glad to get it delivered. I am now waiting to hear back from them as to when they are available for delivery.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Congrats to all that are losing weight. I am up some. Everything has been kind of erratic. I am trying to get back on track, but I won't ever give up. I lost a lot before, so I can do it again. Cindy that is a real nice quilt. Meanmom I think I might give the yoga a try. I have never done it before so I might try to mildest of it. Stretching, range of motion, plus walking, is best for me.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:16 PM

Quilt is delivered and what a relief. Got final payment, so now time to get to work on the other 60 shirts I have to get done. I think those will end up being a minimum of 3 quilts possible 4.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:00 PM

Cindy, congrats on your fine finish....and I'm so glad you got paid! I'm sure it's worth much more than you charged.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:53 AM

CindyR, I have not tried the yoga videos in a while but did bookmark the site meanmom listed (thanks, meanmom!). Also, if any of you are thinking of trying yoga I highly encourage you to find a good teacher and sign up, even if it's just for one session, which seems to generally run about 3 months. It's really hard to know if you are in the correct position for the poses and a good teacher will work with you on that. Then you'll have a better idea for when you're doing it at home. I've had back problems for about 20 years, all muscle issues, no disc or nerve problems. I've tried muscle relaxers and pain killers, chiropractor, massage, exercise, and yoga. Of all of these the yoga has produced the best results and if I'm regular with it I can live virtually pain free.

CindyR, I think I'll put on my calendar to weigh in about every 3 days and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

I'm anxious to see who the lucky winner is this month!! It won't be me but I'm just glad to be more aware of what I'm eating these days.