Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-28-2013, 07:09 PM

Cindy the t-shirt looks great. As I have said before I don't like making them. I have done several and would be happy to never make another. Glad you got paid. It is hard to charge as much as you should.
I had guests for dinner. We cooked pizza on the grill. It was really good. My DS has been wanting to try it. We made 5 different kinds. They weren't that big and they must have been good since there is very little left over. Our favorite was BBQ sauce with chicken and bacon. I did pretty good with the amount I ate. I haven't stepped on the scale in almost 3 weeks. I guess I will wait until the end of the month to weigh now. Glad to hear a lot of people are going down this month. I have been eating tons of veggies since they are coming in from the garden now. Hopefully the extra exercise will cancel out the goodies I have had.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:21 PM

We had a big weekend of parties. Yesterday my DD had a housewarming party and today Allie was baptized with a big dinner afterward. So much food and so many sweets! Yesterday I maintained. Tomorrow's weigh in will reveal how I did today.
I tried the yoga video as soon as I saw it. Wowie! The beginner one was killer for me. I want to connect my computer to the tv so I can watch it on the bigger screen. Seems like that would be better. The one I watched/did was a few basic moves that you keeping doing over and over. It would be so good for me if I can do this on a regular basis.
Someone asked me to make a signature quilt for a wedding. I need to figure out what I will charge. I've never done anything like that so don't know where to start. I know some say to charge 3x your cost of supplies. Guess I need to figure out how much the fabric, batting and thread would be and go from there.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:45 AM

I don't know what I did yesterday but I woke up this morning with my back and hips hurting. I asked my DH if he beat me up in my sleep, he laughed at me. Hopefully it will go away soon. I took some of my meds for my knee which is an arthritis med. All I did yesterday was vacuum and cook.
MY microwave died yesterday so I guess I am buying a new one today. With everyones work schedule around here we eat at all different times. We really need one. My DS (the one who is in the navy in Japan) has a job interview on Wednesday. He gets out of the navy in March. It would be great if they moved here.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
Teddybear Lady, I'm so sorry. This is very sad.

I eat all the time but eat more during emotionally difficult times. Ice cream and other sweets have always been a favorite, but if they're not available I'll fill in with whatever I can get. Controlling it is even more difficult when I'm physically tired, like at the end of the day.
CindyA -- I am with you. My husband is Jack Spratt so we have evry munchie you can think of in our house. I so wanted the Batiks..but... this month has been bad emotionally and physically for me and,yes, I really think I gained. CindyR--If I do wind up losing I will let you know but right now I really don't think so. The one thing I am working on is trying to start eating after everyone else starts and finishing last..I am a fast eater and therefore don't feel full and keep on eating.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
countrymaid, itt's wonderful that you have seen a loss. It's okay to post numbers - our weights don't have to be big secrets. I know some are working for the excitement of reentering Onederland. Took me a while to figure that one out - under 200 puts us in Onederland (100+).
Thank you irishrose, Onederland is a number I'm working towards.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 AM

Wow this month has flown by. Remember the end of the month to send me your weight loss, in the past few months the loss has been right at 5 lbs. So any loss is better than none.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:45 AM

Good morning ladies. checking in for the week. So busy not sure which way is up. Looking forward to final weigh in. I think following your advisement of increasing just a little on the calorie intake has helped me loose. I do have the fresh veggies coming in from the garden and got my first cucumbers yesterday. Was so thrilled. Ate them up. The batik pot has even allowed me to deny the temptation of the birthday cake in the fridge. Well, I have a lot to get done so will talk soon.
Congrats on the t-shirt quilt being done. Love the colors.
Sorry about he microwave. We always use ours.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:45 PM

I had a birthday party yesterday, too. My daughter made a gluten free cherry dump cake. I wish she hadn't. Plus, the burgers and hotdogs were good. I probably ate my way out of the running for the batiks. My now 11 year GS has gluten sensitivities, too.

I burned some calories working outside today, but I'm too tired to walk the dogs so it's a wash. I will drive them to the old baseball diamond to run.

I use my fancy confection oven/microwave to heat water for tea and soften butter for baking, but I still like having one in the house - for me it's safer. Heating water in the teakettle requires paying attention in order not to fry the place.

Okay, off the field.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:01 PM

Okay - Terrific Tuesday (a bit early) and a continuation of last week's actually - from another article, though. This is called gym-free ways to lose weight
1. Look at food as fuel, not comfort. Watch portions and cut out white carbs
2. Don't drink your calories.
3. Beware 'healthy' foods that aren't. Just because it says fat-free doesnt mean it won't make you gain. Look at the ingredients - sugar turns into fat!
4. Wait a minute - actually, wait 20. It takes some time after you've eaten for your brain to get the message that you're full.
5. Figure out whatyou can do. You'd be amazed at how effective it is to use wter bottles as weights - a lot of work can be done on your knees and back, which forces you to focus on your core.
6. hang in there - whel life throws something tough at you, don't let it be an excuse not to take care of yourself. Let it be a reminder that you need to focus on yourself.
A lot like the article I copied for last week - some variations. This is the end of our month. Take control. Turn your Tuesday and your Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays into great ones - with lots of weight loss.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:14 PM

Whoops, convection oven. It's not powered sugar.

Those are more good terrific Tuesday reminders.