Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Hoarder Confession!! >

Fabric Hoarder Confession!!

Fabric Hoarder Confession!!

Old 07-29-2013, 10:42 AM

I am tring hard to do the same and put end to the fabric addiction
Old 07-29-2013, 10:56 AM

I just finished sorting and placing on boards my stash. I then sorted by Color and holiday/batiks. It all fits on one book case. Small but still shocked by the amount. Really trying to shop it first. Next sort is all those magazines. Now that's another story!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 AM

I cleaned out a little but it takes time....I too have sooooo many projects I want to do........never in this lifetime tho!
Old 07-29-2013, 01:35 PM

I just keep repeating "no more fabric, no more fabric" until the temptation goes away. And no more yarn either.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:58 PM

My fabric stash doesn't even begin to come close to what some of the other members have. But after getting the 80 FQs from KQ a couple of weeks ago, decided I needed to do something with all the bits and pieces left from previous FQs. before I could even put the new ones away. May regret it, but am trying to cut up each piece into 10" sqs, 6 1/2" sqs, and from 1" to 2 1/2" strips. If there's any thing left after that, it will get tossed into a scrap box that I'll give to another quilter. And since I only make scrap quilts, I should have plenty for a while. Oh, and all this cutting doesn't include my new fqs or my several fq collections, or the couple dozen fqs that I've found in various places.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:50 PM

I too have too much fabric but still buy more when we go on a shop hop. I have been putting some in the garage sale and donating some to charity. Still will not have all sewed by the time I am called to leave this planet
Old 07-29-2013, 03:40 PM

I started the same way nhweaver...and recently looked around and decided not to hit the yard sales and thrift stores any more just for fabric. Have to admit though I found a lovely piece of fabric at the store. Got 3 yds. giggle....

Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
Confessional time ........
I have decided today, that I am a fabric Hoarder - and I am going to stop!!!! I will never in many lifetimes complete all the projects that I have hidden in totes, drawers, closets, attics, trunk of car. My goal for this fall and winter, is take all the fabric that I will never use (you know the kind, the stuff from yard sales, auctions, thrift stores,etc) and donate it. When I was first starting to hoard and quilt, I hunted down fabric - not project specific, just fabric, lots of it. Not the best quality, in colors that I do not like any longer. Even if I remove 50-100 yards of fabric, I still will not have enough years left to make the projects that are left. Seriously, am I the only one who realizes that "enough is enough'?
Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 PM

I am with you on this one. I belong to a group that makes simple tied quilts for the needy. I have started cutting my fabric into squares for this group. I believe I will start with the fqs that I have from swaps that usually had a theme. I also have finally realized there is no way I am going to use these in one life time.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:18 PM

If you're looking for places to donate I'm very involved with Quilts for kids in Indiana. We are always in need of fabric. PM me is you're interested.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:37 PM

I'm with the many of the rest of you- haven't purchased much fabric this year . Basically have only purchased to complete a specific project. My granddaughter just picked out fabric to make a professional tote - all from my stash so it saved me about $50.00 by not having to buy fabric. I did have to buy the stabilizer. She will be coming over tomorrow to start her project. I do have a bunch of magazines with good scrap quilts. Once the weed spraying is done and the haying is finished I can get back to quilting more. Good luck to all of us getting our stashes reduced!