Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Isn't she lovely? My first treadle! >

Isn't she lovely? My first treadle!

Isn't she lovely? My first treadle!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 PM

Best I've ever seen!! What a beauty and you are blessed to have her. I'm glad you were able to hear the story of her and even though it made you a little sad, they were happy for you to have her to love like they did! Better than going to the junk metal shop so many machines are finding that fate these days. Lots of guys troll the junk stores looking for them to sell for cash from the junk man...
Old 08-03-2013, 01:15 AM

We were on vacation in SW NY near Erie this past week. I had to check out the CL ads just to see what was available and I believe I saw this ad! I remember thinking "What a gorgeous machine!". So happy you found her. Simply stunning!
Old 08-03-2013, 02:12 PM

Absolutely Beautiful. I agree - it is rare to find one with such vibrant decals.
I saw one today at an estate sale, a reasonable price and in pretty good condition,but had to leave her there.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:59 PM

Susan, Now that you know Sylvia's history, be sure to write it down so you can keep it with her. Mine was also a one owner before me and I named her after her original owner. You can go on mysingerstory.com and put in the information asked for and get a very nice printable certificate for your machine.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:29 PM

Oh my goodness, that is an absolute beauty. You can tell she's been very well taken care of.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:49 AM

Thanks everyone for all your kind comments! Janis I will go to mysingerstory thanks!

Sylvia is the granddaughter of the original owner, so I named the machine for her. She is a teacher and so is my son John (history teacher)who went with me to get the machine. They had a very nice conversation and when we left he said to me "you know Mom, that was pretty cool!"
Old 08-04-2013, 04:00 AM

Very pretty. I haven't used the one I bought a few yrs ago. She's from Germany and has the "casket" top which is rare. The lady said that alot of people there used to take the tops and use them for their kids dolls. My grandson (then 4) fell in love with it. I think because it was the first thing that he had ever seen that didn't need electric or batteries to run. I have promised him it was his if anything happened to me or when he got old enough and mature enough for me to teach him to use it. He also loves my antique marble top bedroom set, that's also his when its time. I guess that's why we are so close, he likes the older things.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:08 AM

Judy that is an wonderful story about your grandson! It's lovely to encourage our children and grandchildren when they show such an interest in something. I'm sure that machine will be treasured by him!

No grandbabies for me yet, just grandpuppies, lol. Someday I hope I'm lucky enough to have a grandbaby who loves my machines and wants to learn to sew.

Last edited by Sideways; 08-04-2013 at 04:11 AM.