Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm >

August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm

August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm

Old 08-05-2013, 03:18 AM

Congratulations on the little man. Enjoy him!!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:20 AM

Waiting for an item for my SP. It is something she requested as her "would like to receive". Had not heard of this item before. Ordered one for her and one for me. Looks like it will be a great addition to my notions.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:48 AM

Got my name. We have swapped before!! Her "like" list sent me surfing (the internet) and finding things I didn't know I wanted/needed! LOL I ordered something for her, I hope it gets here in time to include in the box. This was a case of direct mail to her didn't make sense!! That was a hint!!
Beautiful Baby!!!!!!!!!! Being Grandma makes getting old a little easier to take! LOL
Off topic. How often do you actually sew something for yourself? Especially since I started these swaps, I haven't made myself anything! I have been wanting a new purse for a while now. Picked out fabric a couple of different times. Yesterday, I put it all away. I spent the last 2 weeks cleaning my sewing room. Put all my cotton fabric on boards and sorted my "scrap" bin into colorways. Each color got a plastic tote, about the size of a shoe box. As I was sorting, I kept out all the packed flower prints. I cut them up into 3 1/2" squares and 2" X 3 1/2" rectangles. Then I sewed them into a big pc of fabric, used texture magic to make a smaller pc of fabric. It is now all cut, the pieces needing quilted are quilted and tonight I hope to sew them all together and make, wait for it........A PURSE!! DH asked me why I was shrinking that pc of fabric, it seemed like a waste!! But he liked it when I showed him what I had done! Just had a thought. Hummmmmm! I have a little bit of the texture fabric left over, maybe my SP would like something made out of it! By the way. The purse pattern I am using came from a magazine I received from one of my SP's!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:49 AM

Cute grandbaby! My SP lives way north of me and has a fur baby. On another note, I just found out that my lqs will be having a trunk show in November with guess who? Jenny Doan of MSQC!!!! Its only $27 to attend and you know I will be there. Has anyone been to a trunk show and could you explain what that is?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
Got my name. We have swapped before!! Her "like" list sent me surfing (the internet) and finding things I didn't know I wanted/needed! LOL I ordered something for her, I hope it gets here in time to include in the box. This was a case of direct mail to her didn't make sense!! That was a hint!!
Beautiful Baby!!!!!!!!!! Being Grandma makes getting old a little easier to take! LOL
Off topic. How often do you actually sew something for yourself? Especially since I started these swaps, I haven't made myself anything! I have been wanting a new purse for a while now. Picked out fabric a couple of different times. Yesterday, I put it all away. I spent the last 2 weeks cleaning my sewing room. Put all my cotton fabric on boards and sorted my "scrap" bin into colorways. Each color got a plastic tote, about the size of a shoe box. As I was sorting, I kept out all the packed flower prints. I cut them up into 3 1/2" squares and 2" X 3 1/2" rectangles. Then I sewed them into a big pc of fabric, used texture magic to make a smaller pc of fabric. It is now all cut, the pieces needing quilted are quilted and tonight I hope to sew them all together and make, wait for it........A PURSE!! DH asked me why I was shrinking that pc of fabric, it seemed like a waste!! But he liked it when I showed him what I had done! Just had a thought. Hummmmmm! I have a little bit of the texture fabric left over, maybe my SP would like something made out of it! By the way. The purse pattern I am using came from a magazine I received from one of my SP's!!!
Please post a picture when the purse is done. I really want to see the fabric you put together for it also. Thanks Mary
Old 08-05-2013, 08:21 AM

A trunk show is when the artist brings her work and lectures on it while showing you what she has made. I have not been to one, yet, but am told they are GREAT!!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:25 PM

Hi Ladies - I'm going to be going on a trip in December - Are there any SP's (or other quilters on the board you'd like to introduce me to) that would possibly want to meet up that are in NJ, NY, or Germany (Bavaria, Munich, Oberammergau areas)? I made the last payment so now I can tell exactly where. I'm Flying out of NYC on Dec 7 to Germany/Austria with Bonnie Hunter on her Sew many Places Castles and Christmas Markets Tour! I fly back on the ... 16th I think and will spend a day or two with Dad's family in NJ, and at least a day in NYC with my boss and her family, and would love to meet any quiltboarders that are close!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:06 PM

My SP has family living nearby and she likes tea as well as coffee.... She also likes 30's fabric...
Old 08-05-2013, 03:57 PM

Thanks Buslady I can't wait!!! quiltingdragon that sounds like a dream vacation! I lived in Germany for six yrs and it is a wonderful place to see!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:39 PM

To my SP, I have your package all put together, sealed and addressed and will take it to the PO tomorrow since I can't get Paypal to like your zip code for some reason!!

We are headed out of town for 2 weeks so I will let the person sending know I got it when I get back.