Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 08-04-2013, 05:36 AM

They usually start out fun those fests and fairs....then about noon it's a when is this day going to be over feeling, at least for me. Are you a sponsor for the group Janice?
Old 08-04-2013, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

@ JNCT14: Hi, Well, the quilting is done on the WH. Now for the binding!

P&C fest sounds like Fall fests around here. Fun to attend, hard for the volunteers! Hope you have some fun!
peace
Old 08-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

@ JNCT14: I would like to announce that your quilt is done! Do you want to see it or do you want a surprise? It will be in Tuesdays mail!

I really hope you like it, not knowing style or colors you like, it is all guess work which is part of the fun. I know I like it! a lot!
peace
Old 08-04-2013, 09:34 PM

I am in texas, woo hoo! And resting after the biggest second birthday hoopla ever. have gainrd 5 lbs from cake alome!
will post pictures soon!! qm i signed up for the 4tg wh? what's my name again?? lol, oh, that's right,grammi
Old 08-05-2013, 02:39 AM

Ube I am going to love it, I know that!!! Don't post - I would love to be surprised and then I will post once it is hanging on the wall I reserved for it.

For the PoCo Fest as it is lovingly referred to, I am on the board of the North Branford Cheerleaders (my DD is captain this year) and it is a fundraiser for us. The town pays the sports and activity teams for parking cars and we were also offered a percent of the take if we manned the hamburger booth. It was a lot of work but fun. All that cooking took me back to my years as a line cook before I graduated college. Yikes, the grease!!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:42 AM

Nancia your not supposed to eat the WHOLE cake! unless no one is looking that is. I was going to make the wall hanging with this bear panel I had but now its a round robin so I am thinking since fall is coming.. pumpkins lots of pumpkins. I love pumpkins. not jack o lanterns but just orange things. I am a big kid inside. The smell of cinnamon, apples.. yum. pumpkin pie double yum.. fall air.. crisp cool on your face.. oh yeah. My favorite time of the year is fall because its like its setting the stage for all the marvelous things to come.. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas! New year, Valentines day Easter then... boring.. so fall yes its a grand time of year. The wall hanging will definitely be pumpkins. so hopefully whom ever gets this one loves pumpkins as much as I do.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

I remember the 'grease days' too. High school, Burgerland in Hightstown NJ. Best boss I ever had. What memories. And every Friday night stock car races.
thanks for that!
peace

Last edited by ube quilting; 08-05-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:09 PM

Almost time to get the simmer pot our for the cinnamon, apples, allspice and a small about of oranges to sent the house up. I love these smells. I no longer burn candles as I keep forgetting to blow them out and when working with oxygen...not a good thing. I will probably be on oxygen soon so good to get out of that habit right now.

I love seeing the changing of the leaves, the wonderful colors that comes out. then add some pumpkins in the mix.....make for a beautiful display.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:30 PM

hey my sis gave me this sent pod thing you put this wax thing in and the ceramic holder is plugged in. it releases scents for 2 or 4 hours and turns itself off no candles no fires no worries! I forget to turn them off to then fall asleep taking a nap or go to the store and ah heck forgot to blow that candle out. I no longer burn them either. one little pod and I am happy. they give like 40 hours of scent off each one at 5.00 each worth my household sanity and the cats thank me too My son now uses his all the time as does my daughter. they love it!

I think frying food for any amount of hours would be a cure all for ever eating it again. I used to nuke bacon for my x every single day for five years. half a pound. he ate it all. skinny healthy bugger. I couldn't stand the smell after that. took me 5 more years before I cooked one piece of it again.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:44 AM

I can't decide what I want to make. If anyone is up for something cute and girly, I do have this started though. It's the perfect size for a little girl's room or for use as a car seat quilt if you add ties to it. The top & bottom look blue in the photo, but it's really a very pretty rich purple.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428613[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	60713_10152006515654625_2047599687_n.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	428613