Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 08-08-2013, 04:04 PM

The email I got back from him was that he really likes the maze quilt in either black/maroon or blue/tan. He's a man, so imagine that! It is unique though. Dusty decided he doesn't want a maze duvet cover anymore, but I kept everything in case he changed his mind, but didn't write down the fabric yardage requirements. It wasn't that difficult to put together for the most part though.

I just don't know if I could charge double what I have in it for a throw. It's that in between thing in my brain. Placemats aren't horribly difficult & don't take a ton of fabric, so that's easy to double, and on a bed-size quilt, more time and materials are required, so it's easy to justify doubling it in my head.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:16 PM

Just remember when I told you double, I don't count thread, I don't count the running of my sewing machine or the long arm for quilting it and it's thread, squaring it up and then putting the binding on and hand sewing it. You would be very cheap....It doesn't matter what size it is, you really don't even cover cost. I like to do it so I do but you are only getting paid maybe $2.00 an hour. If you decide to go ahead, go for it but be sure to tell him that this price is for him only!!! You don't want all his buddies coming to you and expect you to do it for the same price.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:30 PM

Oh so true! I told him I'm going to be in Atlanta next Saturday, in case he wants to meet to discuss it. I'll be sure to tell him the stipulation then. I'm not going to hand sew it. On the maze quilt I think it's more fitting to do SID.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:20 AM

I wouldn't do it .. just me. Triple is what you should be getting and really hard to justify that to someone who doesn't sew. Jan is right you can walk into Pennys or Sears and pick up one for 50. to 100. Macys 200. you know what is worth because you labor over it. I found when I did things for money it became WORK and took all the fun out of it for me.

I received my package from Queen of 2802! In it were so many little goodies needles, sewing machine needles, bobbins, little elastic bands to put on bobbins (thank you Jan for explaning that to me) and then this very pretty table runner that is a bright green on the edges with a pink/gold metallic edged center. I will take a picture for all to see this afternoon. I apologize for not posting this sooner it slipped my mind. Rotten of me to be so lame. Heck just received back the unemployment form I mailed 10 days ago for Steve. Mailed it to Steve not the state (folded it wrong in the envelope) it went to CA then back here so this explains why there has been no check for the month of July.. what a moron! this is a prime example of brat not moving slow enough and rushing. rushing is not good. Here I have spent hours on the phone trying to find out why he hasn't received his payments all automated crud and to find out it was MY fault. red faced brat. he was thrilled with me ..
Old 08-09-2013, 04:32 AM

Oops! It could be worse. It could always be worse.

Well I'll see how the discussion goes. Of course, the maze quilt isn't hard, so there's always an out if he wants something different or wants anything extra. I'll only quilt it with SID, so if he wants anything else, he'll have to pay to send it to a longarmer, for example.

I'm glad you got your package. Now let me see already!

By the way, new swap was approved this morning. I'll post it this evening, so be on the lookout!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:52 AM

YAHOO!!!!! YEEE HAAA! WHOOPIEE! Well I came to clinic today and one of the nurses brought in a bunch of cherries so I am taking home about 12 cups of sour cherries to make some syrup tonight with. Never made it but Jaba made me jealous yesterday talking about making syrup and jam with her cherries and tada! today some magically show up. amazing. yesterday the nurse brought in some zucchini cookies she made with oatmeal and butterscotch chips. She is now bringing me the recipe they were so soft and chewy and nothing like zucchini. I brought one out to Mr. Picky himself and he said those were the best ones he had ever had and he would eat those. REALLY? so now I can use up one of those oversized squashes and make him happy at the same time. tada!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
YAHOO!!!!! YEEE HAAA! WHOOPIEE! Well I came to clinic today and one of the nurses brought in a bunch of cherries so I am taking home about 12 cups of sour cherries to make some syrup tonight with. Never made it but Jaba made me jealous yesterday talking about making syrup and jam with her cherries and tada! today some magically show up. amazing. yesterday the nurse brought in some zucchini cookies she made with oatmeal and butterscotch chips. She is now bringing me the recipe they were so soft and chewy and nothing like zucchini. I brought one out to Mr. Picky himself and he said those were the best ones he had ever had and he would eat those. REALLY? so now I can use up one of those oversized squashes and make him happy at the same time. tada!

When I've missed one of those oversized zucchini in the garden I found a recipe for mock apple pie on line - it used a lot of zucchini - less the seeds - it was delicious, I added more tapioca to the mix as it's a little jucier than what I like; flavors are incredible. I also use oversized zucchini in spaghetti sauce and make zucchini fritters - Brian's favorite is to have them peeled sliced 1/4" - 3/8" thick - dipped in egg then crushed crackers and fried - sort of like fried green tomatoes.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:15 AM

I've made that pie too, tastes just like apple. Never tried them fried like that, sounds good though. Usually just stir fry them with onions, garlic and some corn. Just enough so they stay a little crunchy, love it that way. Will have to watch for the new sign up and see what I can make for the next one.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:52 AM

YAY! It arrived safely. Glad you liked the colors. Hope you think of watermelons when you look at it.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:20 PM

I'm off to the county fair tonight to eat food on a stick - have a few beers and attend arena rock band Hairball concert; got my 80's big hair rock band groove on - gotta love that music!