Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 08-09-2013, 09:59 AM

I've also have received many compliments on the table topper you made for me! My bestie wants to steal it I'm thinking of chaining it down
Thanks so much for the compliments. The New York beauty blocks are spectacular, though they are paper pieced and it feels like cheating. But I LIKE it.
Finally finished a little girl quilt I've been working on, but not feeling confident enough to tackle the FMQ, so off to the longarm lady it goes. I love the flower I appliquéd to dress it up (I traded FQ's with someone on the East coast who wasn't feeling these Riley Blakes)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429298[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0430.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	429298  
Old 08-09-2013, 01:16 PM

It's very girlie and reminds me of shabby chic - you did a great job stitching down the applique, it's not easy doing that on curves while keeping your stitches even. I've tried paper piecing a couple of times - I have a mariner's compass that I messed up on one of the flying geese so put it away - thanks for the reminder to bring it out and finish - project is from my first/only paper piecing class. I love how sharp points are in paper piecing. It will be fun seeing your finished project.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:43 PM

So do I or don't I post a teaser of the blocks I've gotten done so far ???
Old 08-09-2013, 02:46 PM

Absolutely, we love pictures!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:28 PM

Dusty, I like all 3 of the tablerunners. I think if you used a gorgeous print you could showcase it in those first 2 patterns. Fall prints seem to be the most outstanding to choose from! But, maybe that's because I love those colors anytime.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:18 PM

Yep, that's true. I'm the kind of person who likes to "live out loud" so stark contrasts scream out to me. White? Eh, it's OK, but put some bright colors with black and watch it POP! Unfortunately I don't have any gorgeous fall prints in my collection. However, I am making a trip to Atlanta next weekend, so I'm going to see what I can find while I'm up there. The man is going to Cincinnati early Thursday morning until Friday afternoon, so since he's got to leave so early for the airport Saturday to fly to Korea, I suggested meeting him up there with his suitcase and spending the night.

He told me to pick anywhere I'd like to go to dinner Friday night. I'm leaning toward Fogo De Chao. I love that place! Then I'm meeting a bunch of my friends from my single days for lunch on Saturday. (He met most of them after we started dating, but they really aren't his kind of people, lol.) Somewhere in the middle of all that, or after it, I'm going fabric shopping for this swap and a couple other little things I need.

Oh, almost forgot, the new Home Decor swap is up! http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post6225348
Old 08-09-2013, 07:20 PM

So here's the start of a table runner and a square that could become either a runner or a tablemat.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	429384   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	429385  
Old 08-09-2013, 07:34 PM

OHHH ALL MY FAVORITE THINGS! MINE MINE MINE! (oh maybe not but it sure is pretty).

I am going to try once again to post pics this time on a different computer we will see what happens. wish me luck!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429389[/ATTACH] whooo whooo it worked! this is a wall hanging alaska alice made me last year. I love the fall colors all batiks and I keep it up all year round [ATTACH=CONFIG]429390[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429391[/ATTACH] this last pic is a photo of my sewing room, I mean dining room. Jaba helped me fold and sort things so I can find them now. I took that for you Yosamitesa. You see not everyone has a big space to work in either so its cut and put the rest up, cut put the rest up or I would drown in things. I do not do clutter well and this is as cluttered as I have been in many many years. It kills me. (flopping over on the floor like a fish out of water! help).

next are some of the lovely little fabrics I picked up at the craftconn.com sale.. oh my was it fun.

Name:	alaska alice wall hanging.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	657.0 KB
ID:	429389   Click image for larger version

Name:	craftconn fabric.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	662.5 KB
ID:	429390   Click image for larger version

Name:	sewing room.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	656.0 KB
ID:	429391  
Old 08-10-2013, 02:37 AM

Rise and Shine!! Its a beautiful day. Actually yesterday started out a bit grey in the sky and ended up that way but the temps were lovely all day long. Today is supposed to be a tad warmer 82 or so, but the thunder heads always bring a bit of relief in the late part of the day. I can do that. Last night I cut three boom blocks so today will try to finish those. Dumb clinic today so I might be tired again. Maybe no new veggies/fruit to bring home so no canning (phew). love the end results just tires me out. shut up right? how lucky I am to receive such a bounty. sheesh.

I wanted to tell all of you my good friend Dustysmomma has a new holiday home decor swap going. I am praying some of you jump over and join this one too what the heck! I want to trade an apron with someone uh ok I need a new apron with a big pocket .. and well what a chance.. hint hint.. or a tree skirt.. truly you must NEED some holiday item too say a Valentine wall hanging? or a .. something you can gift at Christmas... come on. TRADE with me! oh first you have to sign up. lol. (shameless plug brought to you once again by the Brat but this is for a good cause! ME)
Old 08-10-2013, 09:48 PM

What cool fabrics! I should take photos of my sewing room too & share with you. I think you have more room than I do girl!.

As for my new swap, don't forget, it's just just any old holiday swap, it's a "pick any holiday" swap! I don't care if you make up a holiday or want something for your favorite awareness day, just be creative and have fun & most of all, SWAP!