Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-07-2013, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
There are several free ones if you do a google search; one is I think called ERA, it is a full program. You can get it for free but if you want the cd then its like 15. The good thing from what I've heard about the cd is that it comes with a lot of installation, etc info that helps alot. rnkdistributing.com (floriani) has software that is compatible with Brother. I have the 5D Professional Plus and it really helps me do more. My machine came with an organizer that did alot but the full program is great because I like to modify and change things to suit me.
The Era is no longer available for free. I have it and it will expire the end of the year. If my computer crashes though, I won't be able to get it again. I think they are going to offer it for appr. $8-12 per month for usage. Buying the program cost around $1000.00, so that is too steep for me. I am thinking of "using" it though. I am looking into other ones. I have the PE770 too.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:20 AM

"Ok, I have a question for all you embroidery experts out there. What kind of stabilizer would I use with this? It's 100% rayon, texture and drape mimics pashima silk. If possible, I'd like to have a double sided design on the ends. Theorys, suggestions??" I just got a book by Deborah Jones on working with difficult fabrics. For silk she recommends light to midweight crisp tear away, single or multiple layers hooped with the fabric. She also says wrapping the hoop may eliminate slippage. Use a sharp needle size 10 or 11. For working with a polyester or acetate satin, use the same stabilizer, when hooping place a piece of tissue paper over the fabric and then the top hoop and tear a window in the paper. That way the fabric won't be marred. Needle - size 10 universal or light ball point embroidery needle. Change the needle frequently to avoid runs in the fabric. She doesn't mention specifically rayon, but I hope this helps. Jane

Last edited by Jratcliff; 08-09-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:32 AM
Banned

My turn to ask a question that so far I have not been able to find
out the answer.

Yesterday I decided to actually download and plan to try one of the
Floriani Free Monthly Designs they offer (I think it might only be for
those who have registered software), but I discovered that I have
to actually convert the designs into the format(s) I want.

In doing this converting there are MANY versions of PES formats to
save the design with .pes v1, .pes v2, etc... up to version 9.
Does anyone know what the difference in the versions are?
Old 08-09-2013, 08:56 AM

[QUOTE=Quilty-Louise;6224187]My turn to ask a question that so far I have not been able to find
out the answer.

Yesterday I decided to actually download and plan to try one of the
Floriani Free Monthly Designs they offer (I think it might only be for
those who have registered software), but I discovered that I have
to actually convert the designs into the format(s) I want.

In doing this converting there are MANY versions of PES formats to
save the design with .pes v1, .pes v2, etc... up to version 9.
Does anyone know what the difference in the versions are?[/QUQUO
I had the same question, which I posed to Floriani. The tech department suggested I convert it to the largest (9) so the machine can read it. But he said to make sure I input the correct size hoop. I have a Quattro and use Floriani software. LOVE them both. I had trouble sending a design to my machine, it was saying the design was too large for the hoop. It was a 4x5 design and I was using a 5x7 hoop. For some reason, either my machine or the software was reading it wrong. After tech suggested changing my settings, it worked. He did say that there were small issues reading certain PES designs and suggested that I bring them into the Floriani software as DST (commercial format) if I ran into the problem again, but take note of the original color sequence since DST will not have the correct colors. No problems since I changed the setting to 9.
I very much enjoy using Floriani, very easy to use and updates are always FREE!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:20 PM

I had a Brother SE-400 with a 4x4 hoop. Loved the machine, but was limited to small projects. I have embroidered baby bibs, towels and quilts. Three weeks ago, I invested in a Babylock Esante.....LOVE it! It's a sewing/embroidery combo and its awesome.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:21 AM

I had a brother embroidery machine that crapped out a couple of years ago. I was very disappointed. I just ordered a Janome 200E (didn't want to put a ton of money in it because of my bad experience) with a maintenance agreement. I can't wait to get it and get starting making beautiful designs like you all are showing here. I hope it isn't too complicated. I recall a learning curve on the former one.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:19 AM

Has anyone done the Baltimore Album quilt using their embroidery machine? I bought the collection and want to get started but would appreciate all input. I am going to use Kona or Moda white solid for the blocks.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:17 PM

Well, i am happy the site is available yet, some help given when I got my Bernette Deco 340 and was looking for a guitar outline. The shop owner finally made one design for me, but it will not load into the machine, so will journey back with machine to talk to her. I did turn the machine on today for the first time and made a butterfly. It came out Ok.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:53 AM

You might look at www.embroiderydesigns.com and search for guitar. There are quite a few guitar outlines and may be one to suit you. Some can be small so be sure to check out the size and stitch details. I have used paypal for purchases that are available for immediate download - may be better than a trip back to the shop.

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Well, i am happy the site is available yet, some help given when I got my Bernette Deco 340 and was looking for a guitar outline. The shop owner finally made one design for me, but it will not load into the machine, so will journey back with machine to talk to her. I did turn the machine on today for the first time and made a butterfly. It came out Ok.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by SingerSewer View Post
Has anyone done the Baltimore Album quilt using their embroidery machine? I bought the collection and want to get started but would appreciate all input. I am going to use Kona or Moda white solid for the blocks.
I have not done the Baltimore...yet, but I have started another one of the collection. Very nice designs and very easy to follow direction. So far the design I am using has 30 separate pieces that are then combined (just as the Baltimre is). I have used 2 different Brother machines (high end Quattro and mid range 1250d) and works well on each.

Last edited by Bneighbor; 08-11-2013 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Oops