Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 08-14-2013, 03:38 AM

I'm on Chrome in Windows 8 & don't have any issues. Perhaps you're just not holding your mouth right. :P

I hate to hear about your son's misfortune. It's tough times to be without a job. Parents never know anything until we're too old to hear them when they say we're right, eh?

I came home last night with all intentions of sewing. I get here and the man wants to chit chat. I got all of his booked travel put on my calender, then he started with "I wonder where we could go with my skymiles" (I told him probably nowhere I'd need my passport as long as I work where I do & he says "well there aren't many options in this town, so you can't quit!") & sat there playing with that for a while. Then he was ready to eat & watch a movie. I got my Vin Diesel fix. I'm thinking tonight will probably be about the same, but tomorrow he goes to Cincinnati overnight, then I'm going to meet him in Atlanta on Friday before he goes to Korea early Saturday morning. Fabric shopping & lunch with friends in Atlanta Saturday, and I've been invited to a birthday party up there Saturday night I haven't decided about that would result in me getting a room & staying another night & to be honest, I don't have anything suitable to wear to the place where the party is. Dunno, we'll see. I have a list of fabric to buy first!
Old 08-14-2013, 03:54 AM

I love the new vocabulary word. So when an angelvswoops down on us we have been 'jaba'd'. Excellent!!! Btw guys hang in with your kids and ignore them when they are hurtful. My DD is 22 and according to her I know nothing. This is one where only time will resolve things.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:53 AM

One would think they grow up eventually. I think your off to another grand adventure dustysmomma. Oh and having nothing to wear I know you love shopping so get a pretty new something oh oh and a PAIR OF SHOES. (she loves those too) ... you should take a picture of your pretty gold ones and share them. Princess shoes and hey stay away from my licorice. I am thinking you have let that man eat it .. hide it yeah hide it. in an envelope with my mail to on it. good place! Korea well you can get some pretty fabric from there can't you? does he fabric shop on all those grand adventures? I would! imagine the stash ladies of fabric if your partner travelled the world all the time? oh my .. I have a good imagination to be sure. or spices.. oh yes.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:05 PM

OK so spent the weekend at a cheerleading carwash, brunch with parents and messing in my sewing room. I had posted some pictures of roosters and fruit as a hint but now I sort of changing direction slightly. I have never been a proponent of fusible web for applique (I am such a snob!) but needle turn does limit the types of intricate designs you can do. So after some experimenting, I am still doing the rooster, but this time its my own design with some nifty layered colors! I am debating zigzag with Aurofil vs FMQ but regardless I hope my recipient doesn't mind being the guinea pig for my experiment! If it comes out as well as I hope, I am entering it in the Durham Fair in September. It might get a ribbon which would go along with the hanging. I will try to post some pics as it progresses (unless I throw it out first!!!).
Old 08-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

Sounds interesting JNCT I love chickens! I'm sure whoever gets it will too!

We need to see pictures!!!! LOL
Old 08-18-2013, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
One would think they grow up eventually. I think your off to another grand adventure dustysmomma. Oh and having nothing to wear I know you love shopping so get a pretty new something oh oh and a PAIR OF SHOES. (she loves those too) ... you should take a picture of your pretty gold ones and share them. Princess shoes and hey stay away from my licorice. I am thinking you have let that man eat it .. hide it yeah hide it. in an envelope with my mail to on it. good place! Korea well you can get some pretty fabric from there can't you? does he fabric shop on all those grand adventures? I would! imagine the stash ladies of fabric if your partner travelled the world all the time? oh my .. I have a good imagination to be sure. or spices.. oh yes.
Oh no, he doesn't buy me fabric when he travels. The fabric he brings me back from Denmark is what his SIL picks out for me. I'll have to check on the licorice. I may wish I'd hidden it. If he's eaten it, his brother is coming to visit next month, so I'll make him ask for some more to be delivered.

I didn't get any new shoes this weekend, but discovered I had nothing presentable to wear last night, so I went to Avenue (one of my favorite stores, which we don't have anywhere nearby) and got 3 new shirts, including the one I wore last night & the one I wore home today.

Oh, and here's the gold shoes that Mrs. Brat was talking about. I don't know why, but I love gold shoes! I have 5 pair! (I also don't know why the photo keeps uploading upside down when it's not upside down in the folder...)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]430998[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-14_17-42-52_282.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	430998  

Last edited by DustysMomma; 08-18-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:35 AM

LOVE those shoes. So here is the rooster part of my pending wall hanging. Rhonda - did you get an angel to Bilben yet? Let me know if not.
BW - I HATE Aurofil. It kept breaking and I couldn't see it well enough to thread the needle. I switched to a very lightweight poly thread. It shows more than I like, but it does the job and I think the FMQ will cover most of it. Working on the flower row next....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rooster.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	431043  
Old 08-19-2013, 05:23 AM

That's a pretty sassy lookin' rooster, I can see attitude already
Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

That's a great looking rooster!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Power Poster