Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 08-20-2013, 05:06 AM

My partner chickadeee55 and I have visited a bit and I'm hoping will talk some more. I think I'm going to do hers reversable as well. But need to check on some details with her.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:14 AM

Hi jaba, thanks for the support. I was just tired and stupidly, feeling sorry for myself which is one of my dumbest moments, I have been truly blessed and I know it. I did score big time at my neighbors house and I plan to visit her sister's garage sale too.

Hey Brat, saw your bio. What is your blood type? I was willing to give my husband a kidney after his hear transplant, but thank God his kidneys came back to life. Unfortunately not one of his children even had their blood typed so I doubt if they would have offered. I have controlled high blood pressure but I do have two good kidneys. I am A-, I donate blood every 56 days so I know that's good as well. Ask your doc, if there is anyway we could match I'm willing to be typed.

So I am off to water my plants. We have had wonderful weather the last week or so, nice cool nights, days in the 70s, but today it is going to get to the mid 80s with humidity moving in and hotter tomorrow. I told hubby with the nasty sprained ankle to hold on to his. Cast, I'm vacuuming dog hair after I water, then may cut some grass before it gets too blasted hot. By noon when it starts to really warm I think I'll heat up the sewing machine! Have a beautiful day everyone.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:36 AM

Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing fine today.
I have been looking through my fabrics and can't wait to get started on my partners table mat. I just needed to make up my mind and stick with it!!! LOL!
I can't start it today have some things that have to get done first. I love summer but I like winter when it means I can have more time in my sewing room. How many others feel that way? LOL!
Laurel
Old 08-20-2013, 05:42 AM

I've had plenty of those "woe is me" days..makes the next day seem a lot greater though I should know Brat's blood type but I'm totally blank. Got tested and I wasn't a match, I don't think anyway, they told me I couldn't because of the medication I have to take for thyroid cancer and for the MS. Would be great to fins a match out there for sure!!
The cobbler turned out great, you can have some this afternoon brat when you come. I can say great, hubby has already eaten half of it, makes me want to give him a swift kick...he never gains a pound and is always munching on something. I just look at it and it adds lbs.
If you haven't seen the home decor swap, better head there and get signed up. It's open to making about anything, I figure if my partner's 1st and 2nd choice is something that I just can't make, I'll let her know and she can give me a 3rd option. Have a great day everyone, I should probably dust and vacuum but I'm not saying I will.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:45 AM

Hi teappot, wondering where you were. Hurry get your things done and start on my little mat, need some new color around here I really do but not rushing you, I just like to open packages!!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:08 AM

Sounds like everyone is doing better today. Retiredfirechief I'm so sorry to hear about hubby's fainting spells and the new sprained ankle. Whatever you do, DO NOT give that hubby a bell to ring...you will never hear the end of it and you will want to throw the bell away. Give whole new meaning to every time a bell rings, an angel gets it's wings. Also, CONGRATS on the new soon to be grandbaby!!! YEA!!!! Praying for hubby to heal QUICK and for a very healthy pregnancy for the new grandbaby!!! How fun!!!

Maybe this will help today...

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happin in it. -- Groucho Marx

Happy Tuesday, thankful it isn't Monday. Have a happy, healthy and blessed day swappers!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:04 AM

I showed my friend the fabric and she loves it! Said that while I was at it I could make her one too! LOL!
Waiting for a furnace man and a lawn care guy right now and tomorrow a plumber. I am thankful that all these folks exist, I nor my hubby do plumbing or work on furnaces! LOL! We do yard work but he is so busy at work and since I had back surgery a few years ago, I set my limits, and digging out a big bush is above my limit!
Jaba, Is it still a 16 inch mat that you have in mind, you can change it until I cut it out? 16 inch square or more rectangle? Please let me know for sure!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:43 AM

square or hexagon is better for me please. At least you have service guys that are willing to work. Digging out a bush would be above my limits too.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:02 AM

OK, square it will be.
You are right about service people. They are hard to find. The bush didn't actually get dug out, he will be back on that later, but it is cut down and the poison ivy that was growing in it is gone. And my front yard looks so much bigger. He also trimmed a couple of other bushes that we hadn't managed to get to. Looks so good!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:11 AM

Started cutting on my partner's table runner last night....love those fall colors!!!! I think I cut out enough to make one for myself too!