Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You could have knocked me over with a feather!!! >

You could have knocked me over with a feather!!!

You could have knocked me over with a feather!!!

Old 08-20-2013, 06:36 AM

You have 30a days. I was trying to match a piece, they thought I wanted to return it. I said I wasn't and that's when they told me the same as you..
Old 08-20-2013, 07:07 AM

Actually I knew it and had forgotten it...thanks for the jog! Nancy's Notions will accept returned fabric as well and have for the past several years. But to me it makes perfect business sense in a way....you can bring in a swatch of fabric for clothing, pillows, etc. to match up with new fabric but it's a little bit difficult to haul in your new sofa (or wallpaper or paint if you weren't the person that applied it) to get a match.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:52 AM
SMR

Recently shopping in chain fabric store and noticed a lady returning some fabric that was defective--small holes reoccurring through out the piece. Good reason for return and it was handled well by clerks but then they located the bolt, rerollled the fabric onto it and returned the bolt to the fabric table. Guess they felt the next customer would like the little holes. I worked retail fabric sales for years so tend to notice this type of thing.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:59 AM

Interesting news! I would return fabric with flaws.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:58 AM

I never heard of this either, but it might explain why there are cut pieces on the bolt, sometimes.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 AM

I returned some fabric that I had bought online at Fabric.com that I thought was so thin I would not use it. Their policy is 30-days with no questions asked if not cut, washed or altered. As soon as I notified them I wanted to make a return, they emailed me a free shipping return label. I was happy with the service.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:30 PM

I bought some of the extra wide one time. After it was washed it shrunk so much that I took it back and they, Joann's returned it no questions ask. I did have the receipt
Old 08-20-2013, 03:46 PM

Nah, I have bought fabric on sale and was told I could return it, maybe call the store and speak to a sup to verify this information....not good business practice to me.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:17 PM

worked there 4 4yrs blew my mind when they told me that we took fabric back they even take back special orders as long its never been cut washed and some times they take back fabric that has been watched that faded a lot
Old 08-20-2013, 05:11 PM

I think it's rude to return fabric. Surely you know what you want when you get them to cut it. Unless they have really cut it wrong or it has a flaw in it when you get it home.I worked at Walmart & I've seen how people abuse the system & that's why the prices are what they are.
Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
Yesterday I was at Joann's to buy some St. Patrick's day fabric. I don't normally buy fabric there because of the quality (or lack thereof). I found what I wanted in the sale (red tag) section and as the woman was cutting the fabric she said, "Since this is on sale you can't return it." Well, I was in my own little world and suddenly...wait! What?!? She said, "If you buy fabric at Joann's, as long as it wasn't on sale, you haven't cut it again and it hasn't been washed, you can return it"!! I have never heard such a thing! It's kind of like buying a book, reading it and then returning it for a refund. She said that people do it all the time...I didn't even get the memo that this was allowed! Very surprising to me...am I the only one out of the loop on this? Did everyone know but me? That just doesn't seem like a very good idea from a business standpoint.