Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm >

August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm

August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm

Old 08-24-2013, 12:47 PM

For those making the snap bags -- I was at the San Antonio quilt show this weekend and stopped by Dollar Tree on my way home. I found a 16' tape measure that is 5/8" wide for $1.00. I can't believe the extra 1/8th would make a difference, and $1.00 is my kind of price. I need to find a pattern on the internet for these -- I know I saw one a while back. Think I'll make them for a quilt retreat I am going to in a couple of weeks where we are supposed to bring a couple of gifts.
What I will do is pull the whole tape out of the holder and cut it off, so I won't lose the tail back into the housing.

Last edited by Belfrybat; 08-24-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:55 PM

This is a picture of the package I sent to Marcialee that was delivered last Friday or Saturday.
She asked for an applique wall hanging, but I don't do applique so I sent her a book on applique wall hangings instead -- along with template plastic, another pattern, marking pencil, a bunch of red fabric, a stiletto, potholder (or mug rug), sewing kit, candy notes, hand made soap, and a reusable shopping bag.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432006[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug SP sent1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	432006  

Last edited by Belfrybat; 08-24-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:46 PM

Airwick, My Mail lady knows I am looking for my SP package and know she all about me sending them and receiving them she asked me today if I didn't get into the exchange today... Imagine that... I am with you about Tomorrows coming and going... Know there are things that happened, so guess we need to wait patiently ...Right??????
Old 08-24-2013, 04:03 PM

Yep. Patience I dont seem to have much of the past few months, but I am trying to learn patience.
I did get word a bit ago that my package has been sent and I should get it on Monday. she didnt forget me after all. I hope everything is well for my sp. Hope yours comes soon also ladybug.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
For those making the snap bags -- I was at the San Antonio quilt show this weekend and stopped by Dollar Tree on my way home. I found a 16' tape measure that is 5/8" wide for $1.00. I can't believe the extra 1/8th would make a difference, and $1.00 is my kind of price. I need to find a pattern on the internet for these -- I know I saw one a while back. Think I'll make them for a quilt retreat I am going to in a couple of weeks where we are supposed to bring a couple of gifts.
What I will do is pull the whole tape out of the holder and cut it off, so I won't lose the tail back into the housing.

Belfrybat, both the Snap Happy! and the Snap Happy II patterns are available at: www.amazon.com At least they're the least expensive I've found.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
Belfrybat, both the Snap Happy! and the Snap Happy II patterns are available at: www.amazon.com At least they're the least expensive I've found.
Belfrybat, If you need it in a hurry to get started, pm or call (314-839-2869) me, and I can order it with my amazon prime and have it sent to your house by Wed, and you can either send me the money or a surprise package.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:11 AM

This is a picture of the package I sent to Marcialee that was delivered last Friday or Saturday.
She asked for an applique wall hanging, but I don't do applique so I sent her a book on applique wall hangings instead -- along with template plastic, another pattern, marking pencil, a bunch of red fabric, a stiletto, potholder (or mug rug), sewing kit, candy notes, hand made soap, and a reusable shopping bag.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432006[/ATTACH]
It was a great package and I loved my books and patterns. thank you belfrybat for posting a picture for me
Old 08-25-2013, 05:05 AM

the tapes that I have bought have a lock on them....I just pull out what I need and then lock the slide and it stays there until I need more, cute story, at retreat a couple of years ago I forgot to "lock" and lost the whole thing, my DD stomped on it until she broke the case and we retrieved the tape....looked funny, someone asked her if it was a new dance. LOL
Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Airwick156 View Post
Well "tomorrows" have come and gone and still no package. The mailman must think Ive got dementia or something and thinking I dont know what I'm talking about. Maybe I will make my own secret pal package and mail it to myself. Lol...maybe thats not a good idea after all. I'm sure he thinks I'm nuts but if I mail my own package to myself..that would just confirm his suspicions. Lol
Hummm..... Looks like your starting to talk to yourself and answering too.lol.Hope you and ladybug (big sis) both get your swaps monday.Hugs Mary
Old 08-25-2013, 10:43 AM

Still waiting on the bench...you ladies can also use mini-blind slats for those bags. Always a few extra slats on the blinds!