Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!! >

August 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!!

August 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!!

Old 08-23-2013, 05:50 PM

Irish when my dad fell and had a brain bleed they said he was too old for surgery. His doctor was shocked that he lived to leave the hospital. Hospice said maybe a week. He lived 5 weeks. We had off and on days. We also removed the IV on him. He was eating and drinking almost nothing. Hospice was wonderful.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:56 AM

Good morning ladies. Hope things are starting to improve for everyone. I am battling some excessive sinus drainage which is causing me stomach issues, choking and gagging issues. Talked to the doc yesterday and he put me on an antiboitic and predinsone. With that I will have to make some adjustments to my insulin and I am expecting to gain back the 5 lbs I lost this month. I hope and pray that I don't.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:52 AM

Lots of health issues this month for everyone. Praying for everyone. Hope everyone and their families is doing better soon. I got home from Myrtle Beach last night. I have been unpacking and doing laundry etc. I picked up my machine from the shop I am so glad to get it back. I was using an old machine and I did have to use some cuss words etc. I did get quite a bit accomplished. I need to finish my baby quilt quickly. I am going to go set up my machine and get to work. Healthy eating and get back to health to all.
Pat
Old 08-25-2013, 11:20 AM

My meals were awful yesterday! We took Mom to the ballgame for her birthday, which was lots of fun. But, poor planning on my part, we ran late trying to get some errands done before we left and grabbed fast food for lunch (including a soda, which I normally don't drink). Then we had hot dogs and soda at the game. Then everyone was hungry, but tired, so the boys went out and brought pizza home. Not a good eating day at all!

But I have been keeping up with the excercising and stretching. I did some yoga at home this morning and feel much better (my back was stiff from all the driving and sitting the the hard stadium seats).

Here's to healthy eating this week!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:20 AM

Reporting in for the week. Really busy still. I get to be a quilt judge for Ritzville Fair and excited. Praying I do a wonderful job.
Not much to report on weight. Going to Reno I did not loose any but didn't eat wrongly, just had a couple pool side beverages that don't allow for weight loss and those darn Chai Teas which are high in calories.

Daughter is still improving which is good. DH is not. The CT Scan showed some yucky in his bowel so have to get him a Colonoscopy and then onto the urologist. Or interneal medicine doctor. Will continue to pray for you all as well. Wow, when God said pray continually, he meant it.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:13 AM

Boy, is it hot! I hate it! Trying to keep the migraines away and drinking too many Pepsi's in the process. Which is worse for your body, Excedrin or a Pepsi? Well, I know which one is worse for weight loss. I have a Rx I take as a last resort.
I got a crown finished on my tooth this morning and also new glasses. Feel like a new person.
Drink your water, everyone!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:22 AM

We all sure are dealing with health issues this month! Yes, we all need to pray continually!
My dad has lost more weight, he doesn't want to eat or drink. Hopefully they will get a doctor over today to check him out and see what else is going on. I think I will be driving down on Wednesday and come home Thursday after dinner.
My eating has not been great. Had a cupcake at the wedding I went to on Saturday, I have been able to avoid deserts for the most part for over 18 mos, not sure why I ate that cupcake. Except for the fact that my 2 yo grandson was eating one at the same time and he was sitting on my lap. I'm sure that I am not going to have a loss this month.
Did get news Saturday night that my son will be returning home from deployment mid October. I am looking forward to seeing him again. I hope my dad last's long enough for his grandson to see him before he departs this earth.
I think I am going to make a trip to the base to go to the commissary. Just need to be good and buy lots of veggies. I am going to pick up some snacks to mail to my son. I just better mail ALL of them and not eat any!!!
Got my machine back on Friday. The part is not available until at least the end of the year. It needs a new computer screen. I replaced the computer last year, now it is the screen and there is not one to be found any where. It also needs new gears. He says I do so much sewing that I really need to have it thoroughly cleaned at least twice a year. The lint got between the gears and warped them. It is not a place that I can clean. I have been using a better quality thread most of the time. I think I need to switch that to all of the time. That lint really can damage a machine. I do not have a price on the new gears. The computer screen will be $350. They will fix all of it when the screen comes in.
I traded machines, he has my old Pfaff, giving it a good cleaning. I should get that back sometime this week. I'm thinking I may try to do all my piecing on my Pfaff and save the Bernina for actual quilting and specialty stitches. I hope I don't get any more lines (they are 1/4" wide, 2 of them) thru the screen. It is a touch screen so it helps to be able to see what I am selecting, which I cannot see under the lines. It makes using the embroidery unit almost impossible cause I can't see what I have just input.
I put together 12 quilt tops in the last 4 weeks. Got 8 of them sandwiched Friday night. I will work on getting them quilted. I now have 11 current projects that need quilting. This does not include any UFO's.
Hope you all have a blessed week!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 PM

My ex passed away Saturday evening. In his case we truly can say he is in a better place. The children have a celebration of life planned for Saturday. I will be the baker. What to make??

Off to walk the dogs and then start finding the tops of flat surfaces around here. With almost two weeks on the road, it's a little thick. My car broke down today - not good, but at least I was in my own town, not in heavy traffic 50 miles from home. The shop hasn't called with an estimate. Oh, oh.

Have a good week, all.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:38 PM

My condolences to you and your children on the loss of their father. Yes, he is better off now, but they will still miss him. I think my dad would be better off as well, rather than lingering on confused. I don't think he is quite that close yet, buy you never know.
Hope the cost of repairing your car is not much. Hopefully less than my machine!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:39 PM

Irish, sorry to hear about your ex. This is how we felt when my dad died.they are in a better place. I hope your car isn't too expensive.
I have spent all day working on my raspberries. I pick just short of 2 gallons this morning. They are producing like crazy this year. I also had to do something with all the berries from last week. I just had my DH wash and freeze them while I was in Myrtle Beach last week. I made 26 pints of raspberry jam today, 8 pints of chipotle raspberry BBQ sauce and have the stuff for frozen yogurt in the refrigerator ready to dump in the ice cream freezer tomorrow. I also froze 3 big bags of raspberries. I made 16 pints of jelly before I went out of town.
I hope to pretty much stay in my sewing room all day tomorrow. I have a baby quilt to work on for a customer. I am also making a baby quilt for my niece. I have 14 doll quilts all layered and ready to quilt. So much sewing to do, so little time. I have to go back to work on Friday. Kids start on Tuesday.