Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 08-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

Default Updated Sign UP List

Have a great time with this swap everyone!!
Remember to post pictures along the way!! That's half the fun!

For anyone who hasn't joined us before please make sure to send me your address.
Let me know if you have any allergies or anything else I should know.
Also let me know if you are smoke free or fur free home.

Welcome to our new players!! And Welcome Back to our regular players!!!
Hope you all have a great time planning and posting pics and creating great Wall Hangings!

As long as you have a wall hanging ready to mail by the mail date you can join us any time.
There is no limit to how many can join.

1. cjr
2. ube quilting
3. skaduzy
4. quiltymom
5. tildemae
6. Mariah
7. Yankeegirl
8. Quiltjoey
9. Quiltaddiction
10.Jaba
11.Elisabrat
12 JNCT14
13 mimiknoxtaylor
14 applique
15 createfourpaws
16 nancia
17 Aurora
18 Dusty'sMomma
19 Marytoddliz
20 berryberry
21 omacookie
22 EagleOneOwl2U2
23 jclinganrey
24 Lovethedog
25 Bilben
Old 08-25-2013, 04:01 AM

NANCIA AMORE! come home we miss you! I thought you had abandoned me forever! she ran off with the burrito holding quilt boys from the Calendar.. if you haven't found that calendar its a sure hit. BO HUNKS holding burritos in their one hand and drapped stragically with quilts in another. it was the funniest thing I had seen in a long time and dear Nancia and I are always well.. drinking margaritas and arguing over who gets which month.. she thinks she gets them all but she is oh so wrong CATS! I love cats! you can make me a cat wall hanging! a pumpkin with a cat for Halloween!!! start sewing Nancia right now. yup a beautiful.. orange cat like mine with nice pokey long hair next to his orange pumpkin.. it could be great! purple sky! yellow moon! your creative juices should be oozing along right now so get at it girl!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:14 AM

Aw rats now I am sorry I did not do a cat. However, my cousin who raises chickens as a hobby commissioned me to make him a rooster wall hanging after seeing mine on Facebook. My price was to find me a percolator - which we found Saturday at a tag sale - one of those beautiful Corning 10 cups percolators. I was so excited! So I started the wall hanging today.....ube - I need some clever chicken saying to use in the FMQ in the borders!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 AM

Bratty..... I miss you, too! I hope you have saved me some crumpets and pepper jam! I have had my fill of burritos! As a special treat, my ddil is making me a twenty pound brisket. Yummmmmmmm y! The question is , can i eat it all before we get to Philly? Or will i be forced by impeccably good breeding and etiquette to share with my dh? Bear in mind he brought back a somewhat smaller one two weeks ago and it's. all gone, harrumph!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Power Poster

@ post #223, JNCT14: I'll see what I can come up with and you are welcome to the haiku too.

I love percolated coffee. My mom always used a pyrex clear glass pot. It sounded so cool and made great coffee. I still use a percolater. I even love the word.
peace
Old 08-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

@ JNCT14: I just remembered I wrote this chicken haiku for my 2004 Christmas card which had chickens on it. It may not be right for your project but maybe for a future one.

Work hard chickens, you
Know Christmas is coming, and
Eggnog time is nigh

peace

Last edited by ube quilting; 08-26-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:46 PM

UBE too funny

ok I finished a top that took me a long time as it had a crazy seam that went across then up at an angle then across again to finish and I have never done that don't lift the needle! contort your fabric! turn, sew, stop quick not that far! back up take out seam heck now your needle is not in is it? start over. ugh. I loved the paisley fabric fall color very pretty fabric used some rust that is in it and some black also looks like two baskets sitting at an angel with each other. The trouble is its a fairly subtle color not some wonder wall hanging just a pretty little quilt. I think it would look great on a table (me a table topper really?? LOL) ok so is there someone who would like something that is like that or is it too bland for this swap? I have time to make another wall hanging so shout out now ok? I guess I think its subtle as I tend to do things more like my avatar when given the opportunity. I was stepping outside MY comfort zone plus it was a single piece of fabric that said .. when will you PICK ME? lol my fabric talks to me.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:15 AM

I'm totally lacking inspiration for this swap. I mean, I have a piece that I had almost finished for another swap that my partner went MIA on, but the applique isn't perfect (it was done on my old machine & I tore it out multiple times, but I'm still not completely happy with it), and it's girly & buggy, so I don't know if anyone would be interested. But, if they would, I'd finish it. Here's a pic I took before I put the border on it. Those who were in my last home decor swap have seen it already...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432453[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-05_23-16-06_997.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	432453  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

@ JNCT14: You are the first person to post a finished WH. I'll be # 2. this may or may not be the one I send out to one of you.

This was just a little scrap from other projects but I am happy with it and it is in the running now.

Rosepetals: original design; finished quilt is about 18"sq. I think I created something new too, angular curves.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432590[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432591[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432592[/ATTACH]

peace
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04692.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	432590   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04693.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	432591   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04694.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	432592  

Last edited by ube quilting; 08-27-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
I'm totally lacking inspiration for this swap. I mean, I have a piece that I had almost finished for another swap that my partner went MIA on, but the applique isn't perfect (it was done on my old machine & I tore it out multiple times, but I'm still not completely happy with it), and it's girly & buggy, so I don't know if anyone would be interested. But, if they would, I'd finish it. Here's a pic I took before I put the border on it. Those who were in my last home decor swap have seen it already...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432453[/ATTACH]
Dusty, This is charming. I have a frog pond so I really admire this. I also get swarms of lady bugs which i also like. You just made my day twice!

If this isn't cutting it for you try something else. Is there something you have always wanted to try but haven't yet, like paper piecing, curves, colors you never use, applique by hand or machine, How about a coloring book page or a panel quilt. There is lots of things to try. It doesn't have to be big, or perfect or what you think any of us might want.
Do something you like in your favorite color.

Above all, know it will be appreciated, what ever you do.
peace