Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 08-27-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
I'm with you, Elisa, BRING ON FALL! We've had such a nice summer (for a change) here in mid-Oklahoma, but boy it just couldn't go away without pouring on the heat one last time! It's been in 90's, heading towards 99 before end of week!! I was just thinking yesterday about putting out Fall stuff, but thot, maybe wait another week, Sept 1st at least. lol I'm ready for the pretty colors and cool weather.
I am always ready for fall colors, but we don't feel like we have even had summer yet. Last year we had 86 days 90 degrees or over, and this year we have had 5 or 6 90+ days. Besides that, we are 25 inches of rain over our usual of 30 inches during the summer. Because of all the rain, we have only been able to use our pool 5 or 6 times this summer, so to us it seems like summer hasn't really come yet. I realize you in the midwest (we used to live in IL) are really getting hit with hot weather right now, but feel free to send some of that to South Carolina.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:57 PM

LOLO fmhall2, you can have all the hot weather! I hate it... Born and raised by Quincy, IL, and I remember it being hot in summer, but not like here...I just hate going out when it gets over 80 deg! I've never been a fan of hot weather. My DD mentioned just today that they haven't used their pool either as much...first too cool, now too hot...no middle. We've had almost 30" OVER our really amt of rain too, for the year even. At least we're outa the drought we'd had for 3 yrs. I like to watch it rain, good time to set and sew..lolo
Old 08-27-2013, 10:14 PM

We had a few nice showers yesterday. Cooled things off a bit. Maybe we will get enough to get the burn ban lifted.
Sure don't want any more wildfires like we had a couple years ago. That was scary! There was a grass fire a few weeks ago from one of the dead trees falling on a power line. Several trees have fallen on the line by my daughters house but not flared up, just knocked the power out for her area a couple times.
Hear they've got a really bad one going in California.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:57 AM

It's been an odd summer for whether here. We never have gotten that multiple weeks of 100+ degree temp & 115 degree heat index that we usually get every summer. And the rain, oh my. I'm worried that means it's going to be a horribly cold winter though.

We're at 11 players right now. We had someone bow out due to family obligations. Come on everyone & jump in! Only a couple days til signups close!!!

1. Elisabrat
2. Jaba
3. Tam...Moo
4. Oksewnsew
5. Cindy60545
6. Jamimclaugh
7. Scrapquilt
8. dabbler312
9. Monstookie
10. fmhall2
11. mom-6
Old 08-28-2013, 06:44 AM

Oh dear that might mean you PLAY dustysmomma! how horrid! I have no clue why sign ups are so limited but I think its summer still and kids are just going back to school. BUT now is the time ladies to sign up! men too if your on here! we all need a little something to spark up our homes! think how pretty a little runner might look on your coffee tble! or a wall hanging that says WELCOME in the colors you oh so love or perhaps a set of hot pads and a insulated table mat to put your dishes on when serving? or .. or.. come on sign up you can do it! you can make these things if you can make a quilt you certainly can make something much smaller to share with another quilter!

I am READY and geared up so lets get going!! (sign up now ASAP so your insured a spot in the hottest coolest swap group online) ok (my own swap of table runners is a tie).
Old 08-28-2013, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
LOLO fmhall2, you can have all the hot weather! I hate it... Born and raised by Quincy, IL, and I remember it being hot in summer, but not like here...I just hate going out when it gets over 80 deg! I've never been a fan of hot weather. My DD mentioned just today that they haven't used their pool either as much...first too cool, now too hot...no middle. We've had almost 30" OVER our really amt of rain too, for the year even. At least we're outa the drought we'd had for 3 yrs. I like to watch it rain, good time to set and sew..lolo
I guess I love the heat because I lived in the Mojave Desert (near Lancaster/Palmdale, CA) a number of years, and 10+ years in Phoenix. I love the Phoenix heat. So I guess it is my background that causes me to love it. I do like some rain, but not like we have had this summer. I remember in 1957 I was in a college dorm here in Greenville, and we'd had one of these lengthy rain spells. The first day we didn't have rain we were all commenting about it, and a roommate from Canada spoke up and said, "In 11 days we'd have been caught up with Noah." She had been counting the 29 days of rain. That is about the way we feel this summer. We haven't even been able to eat out on our deck very much this summer because of the rain. And normally during the summers we eat out there every night.

Last edited by fmhall2; 08-28-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:33 PM

sorry to bail out on you ladies but I let Dusty Mama know that i had to drop out of this swap. time, money and sanity are all in short supply.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:50 PM

So sorry you're having to leave us! But take good care of yourself - you are much more important than our fabulous swap!!!!

And I would be glad to take over as her partners replacement if needed.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:39 PM

WAH!! 2 people down. And then there were 10...

1. Elisabrat
2. Jaba
3. Tam...Moo
4. Cindy60545
5. Jamimclaugh
6. Scrapquilt
7. dabbler312
8. Monstookie
9. fmhall2
10. mom-6

I hate to see people go
Old 08-28-2013, 07:07 PM

Me too but the reality is its better before than after when someone is hoping for their package.

I hope others sign up and we can all have our fun chats together and enjoy the whole learning process together. Give it a try! it really is fun