Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What does "working hard" mean to you? >

What does "working hard" mean to you?

What does "working hard" mean to you?

Old 08-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

To me it means keep on plugging away day by day and you will succeed even though it may seem impossible at first. There are many temptations to take the easy way but I've found the easy way never lasts and you end up having to start over. If you let excuses rule your life you will never accomplish anything. There may be a few reasons that will hinder but excuses are the easy way out.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:37 AM

I believe "working hard" means "giving your best". I worked for 45 years as a secretary. I always showed up for work on time, didn't leave early, didn't spend hours each day on the phone with friends or family. I always dressed to the best of my ability even for the years that I sat in an office by myself most of the day. And I did it while raising my two sons alone. They have both turned out to be wonderful young men that are constantly being praised by their bosses for their work ethic. Granted I could have spent all those years going back to school or doing things I wanted to do, but my most rewarding "job" was raising two wonderful sons.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:31 PM

I think that working hard is recognizing what needs to be done to accomplish a goal. You can go through a day and "do stuff" but the things that have an ultimate purpose behind them seem to take on more importance and a greater priority. I worked full time while raising my girls and did a few hobbies when I could work them in. I moved up through one company over 25 years and feel I worked hard for them but my family has more importance to me than what I achieved at that company. The girls both did very well in school and have families of their own now. They have both developed hobbies and talents of their own and they both have a strong work ethic. The "working hard" thing to me is plowing through to accomplish something and it doesn't have to have one whit to do with money.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:02 AM

I think if I'm not exhausted, I'm not working hard enough. But when I list the things I did in a day to my husband, he'll remark about how hard I worked! Guess its perspective!