Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 08-30-2013, 08:33 AM

Oh such gorgeousness I'm seeing on here!!!
Brat, I know exactly what you mean. Some days you just need to do something else. Finally got back on the jumbo Dresden which is now a little girls forest fairy skirt. Just made a little bit bigger opening in the center and did an elastic waistband then turned under the bottom edge for a hem. Should have gotten out my serger, but it intimidates me. Lol!

Think the log cabin one needs to be bigger so I have to do some more cutting (someday).

Ready to sew binding on my leaves and pumpkins runner. Don't know who it's for yet, might keep it. Imagine such a concept!

Chickadeee55's batik one is all finished and ready to mail whenever she's ready for it.

But before I go play I have jars to wick for our next show. So better get busy on that so I can play!

Have a great day everyone.

Patty
Old 08-30-2013, 05:44 PM

I know what you mean, Brat, I am just digging myself out of the over-committed myself tunnel and ready to start fun stuff like my doll quilt, tablerunner and wallhanging.....in that order. I guess I don't know how to say NO! Anxious to start the doll quilt and have my fabric and pattern picked out for the tablerunner. My partner said she is starting this weekend. I will be starting hers next week. Everyone have a nice holiday.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:49 PM

Ok, add me in to the having a hard time on this one...in a rut...whatever it is...
My partner wants Fall and she's not keen on pumpkins ( I know, no pumpkins for Fall??). I am kidding, my partner has been super sweet, and I have plenty of options...too many I think..maybe that's my problem...
So, I took some pics of a couple of color options..I am still deciding between 3 patterns, so don't know how many of the fabrics will get used, center fabrics will be the "focus" fabric...Just wanting some feedback please:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433291[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]433292[/ATTACH]
and if my partner happens upon this, please tell me which color options you like best!!
Thanks all,
Kif
PS I am certainly not saying one can have too much fabric, just in case this seems to be what I am implying...no way, no how...That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	113.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	433291   Click image for larger version

Name:	112.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	433292  
Old 08-31-2013, 02:21 AM

KIF, looking at your fabrics, in the last pic, the one in the center with the leaves - for some reason I just love it. I see it in my head made up as a stain glass fall runner. Wow, now I want some of it! Very pretty piece.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:07 AM

Gotta agree with chickadee...the leaves in the bottom pic should be the focus fabric. That fabric's gorgeous, and you have plenty of complimentary fabrics to build out your design.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:33 AM

I think you should make those for me then you wouldn't have to worry about making your partner smile because mine would be blinding with that big Cheshire cat grin love your fabrics both sets are beautiful. I go for the first set more because well it falls right into my color palate. (ie send them to me). I just love the fall fabrics out there gorgeous and so warm and inviting.. I need this one and that one and a bit of this one for sure oh need that one. keep me out of the store. seriously. like a once a month visit MAX.

Yesterday was a seriously not grand sewing day. I finally got to sewing on my wall hanging and .. was on the phone (oh good plan that was) and not paying attention and quilted a whole bunch of it. I was very pleased. til I turned it over and saw it was entirely eyelashed the whole way. took me hours to remove the stitching pick out the little snipsels of string.. I was so mad. So I rearranged livingroom furniture. I know so what you do when you have lots of quilting projects to do. move furniture. well I like it now but that didn't help my plight to finish things. I think I was stalling or fearing failure again so it was good to walk away. I am sure you have days like this too. ok maybe not sure but hope they don't come often. beautifully warm windy morning. Here in Wyoming it appears to be windy in the a.m. and then windy again later in the day. I am hoping its not oh so hot again. But can't change it so guess one just counts the days.. soon it will be fall and I hear its a short one. Jan is the resident expert guess I should ask her.. again.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:23 AM

Default Yesterday

Yesterday was end of cycle and my department worked 12 hours, then I had to run all their timecards since I took an additional day off. To be truthful it wiped me out just can't handle the stress and the long hours anymore. Had a pleasant end to the long day, arrived at the lake for the holiday weekend and dh was there along with one of our granddaughters. The rest of her family will join us Sunday for a barbecue and water activities. By then I should have a little more get up and go back. Today Abby and I are going to our first horse show and then to the town's all city garage sale. Her Mom is going to kill me :-)
terriamn
Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 AM

terriamn - so wish I was there- garage sales are one of my favorite activities. I love looking at other people's "junk" and getting bargains for me ! It also makes me realize I should be the one cleaning out the "junk" at my house.

Now Brat- you can not have all of the runners ! You must share ! Besides, how many tables can one person have ?

At a stopping place in the quilting department- no more batting . Sure would be great to have a money tree ready to harvest in the back yard. Joann's had a roll of batting on a great sale last month, but alas it was gone when I had the $$$$.

I am thinking aout using fleece for the back of the grandkid quilts, so will not put batting in them. Have six to make, so had best hop to it !
Old 08-31-2013, 08:12 AM

2 more seams on the front, piece the back & decide how I'm going to quilt it & I'm all done. I'm probably going to keep the quilting simple though since I haven't gotten my quilting hoop yet though. No, you can't have any more sneak peeks Cindy! No, you either Brat!

I bought a piece of fabric for the backing that I really like, and planned to make the runner the same size for a 1-piece back, but by the time I made the front like I wanted it, it was bigger than expected, so a pieced back it is! Now I just have to decide if I'm doing a pillowcase turn on it or if I'm binding it. I really like the pillowcase edge if you're going to use it where anything will be set on it. Less worry that something will dump over because of the thickness of the binding & stain it up!

Gotta get this done so I can make some aprons!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:17 AM

Just finished my block of the week! Now on to my runner. I have 5 blocks done just need to figure out how I'm gonna put them all together.

Here's my BOW: the black hanging ball will be a spider after it's all put together!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433352[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0462.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	433352