Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 08-31-2013, 06:32 PM

No Christmas chickens. Darn. I was really warming up to the idea. Well I guess I'll go with my original thought. A hot pink and lime green Christmas tree skirt with Pom Pom trim in purple. And then to give it a little glitz I can glue on some rhinestones. ��
Old 08-31-2013, 07:16 PM

Got my partner's name...now to get started.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
uh its ok if this one is not chickens monstookie! lol. I like them but not so sure if they should be Christmasized. (new word I just added it to websters).
Sure they can. Red & green feathers on their wings! Or, even white chickens kissing under mistletoe! Oh girl, anything can be Christmasized! This is especially true when you do embroidery!!!

http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Product...roductID=D8642

http://www.greatnotions.com/pr/Embro...s/1/85529.aspx

Last edited by DustysMomma; 08-31-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:02 AM

I got my partner last night, and believe it or not we both want placemats, so placemats it will be, Dabbler, where do you live, city, state, just to give me an idea. I would like to know. Will get started to work on them probably tomorrow. I don't have any of todays 30's fabric, but I do have a bag of real 30's fabric, so I need to get into that to see if there is anything I can use, otherwise it will probably be Christmas, but I'll try for the 30's. Looking forward to working on it.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:34 AM

ok Monstookie that sounds marvelous! it will go with my high heel fredricks slippers I am ordering right now! whoooo whoooo how pretty will my house be! promise to take pictures of all my feathered gifts and pom poms? might inspire my non existent love life again! hey hey! I can hardly wait!!

To those of you who think you cant chat here: silly gooses of course you can the more the merrier! and while life may keep you on the quieter side this is where you can toss your raincoat into the wind and just goof it up. honest! its how we all get to know each other a tiny bit, a joke, a tear at a time..

to dustysmomma I am growing dusty waiting for that licorice. Give it up girl. I promise I can send you.. deer poop (covered raisens) moose turds (chocolate covered malt balls) um what else do they sell in town.. oh buffalo jerky? or perhaps.. some nice hot salsa with a cowboy name or .. we have good stuff here. (also a wonderful old fashioned jar candy store pick and chose) so you wont go without. I need that licorice! sigh her dear man always EATS it all after he brings it home from his travels. who is the BRAT in this situation? it ain't me!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:05 AM

Nope, we hid it where it wasn't in plain sight, so it's still safe. I did need to wait for it to cool off so it wouldn't melt on the way though. I'm going to pop it in your housewarming box, or Jaba's swap box, or something. If I see that he opens the first bag, it's all going in my sewing room!

OMG, I love chocolate covered raisins! I'm also an Reese's cup fiend, no matter what size they are, well except the white chocolate ones, blah!
Old 09-01-2013, 12:27 PM

Oh goodness! Reese's!! Love 'em! As long as it's chocolate, fine with me!!
Thanks for me partner, DustyMomma. Tam-moo....time to show up & post. Got your likes....Christmas! But you didn't give me any sizes! That's ok though, I'se got ideas!!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:07 PM

Me too! What could be better than chocolate and peanut butter. Finished 2 round robin rounds today, so now I can think about this swap.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:06 PM

OK, so much for safe licorice. It wasn't the man though, it was DUSTY! 1 bag has been invaded, but there's still 3 that are safe. I'm gonna beat the child, lol.

I agree, there's nothing better than chocolate & peanut butter. When I get desperate, a spoon each of peanut butter & nutella....mmmmm!
Old 09-01-2013, 02:13 PM

fmhall2 I would love the real vintage 30's fabrics - scrappy is good if that's all you have. I'll pm you my address.

off to Jack's to play some bean bags and have a few adult beverages - tomorrow will be my day of rest - no laboring for me on this beautiful weekend - it's all friends and family.