Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Longarm machine >

New Longarm machine

New Longarm machine

Old 09-01-2013, 07:49 AM

I LOVE your attitude...it will keep you young and fresh. My old HQ16 Craigslist machine sits in an alcove in our living room. There is no other place to put it. I just do not quilt when DH is trying to watch TV.

I am mainly a charity quilter and it has brought me great joy in my life. I bought it used so no lessons but lots of online help. I just do free stuff from the front of the machine.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Well good for you! Where are you in Oregon? I'm in Albany, trying to get a list of longarmers in the area who would like to get together to share our longarming knowledge.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:44 AM

Congrats on your LA I am in love with mine honestly think I would defend it with my life lol....it is my baby!

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Well good for you! Where are you in Oregon? I'm in Albany, trying to get a list of longarmers in the area who would like to get together to share our longarming knowledge.
Dunster that is a great idea. there is a LQS up here in MA/NH area that has a Long Arm club. Most of the people in the club have HQ's, I have an innova and another lady has a gammill. But it is tons of fun. Sponsored by the LQS too.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:02 AM

I am considering the same machine. I'll be doing the work from sitting on a stool so the frame was a big consideration. Have you been driving it yet??? I'm wondering about the stitch regulation// How's it handle??
Old 09-01-2013, 04:59 PM

I love it! Who said 78 was old, anyhow? In fact, I think sometimes we learn faster because we HAVE to! That's okay about the sofa, too...get rid of it! I did when I got my LA and I've never looked back (in all fairness, I replaced a huge sectional with a smaller than average sofa and I'm happy!). So go for it and enjoy it!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:06 PM

Where in NH, is this the one in Pelham? Bits and Pieces? I have been debating on a longarm. Its a bit ovrwhelming just to decide on which machine is the best. I am trying to do my research before I go to a shop and get talked into one by a sales person. I want to figure out the difference between them. To me it seems like the ease of loading one would be the most important. Then I also would like one that I could put on auto pilot here and there.
Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
Congrats on your LA I am in love with mine honestly think I would defend it with my life lol....it is my baby!

Dunster that is a great idea. there is a LQS up here in MA/NH area that has a Long Arm club. Most of the people in the club have HQ's, I have an innova and another lady has a gammill. But it is tons of fun. Sponsored by the LQS too.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:05 AM

Never to old to learn and enjoy it, and I got to keep the couch (we added a room to the house)
Old 09-13-2013, 06:23 PM

You go girl. I thinking about the HQ Avante. Just had my 6th back surgery last Sept. then Jan 2 of this year fell at work and broke my right femur. Still having a lot of pain with my back. Some days I think I will then some days I think I want. I just turned 60 but some days I feel like 160 haha.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:26 PM

Congratulations!!! Hope you have a great time with your new toy. Thank you for sharing.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:18 PM

Congratulations! What a wonderful "gift" you gave to yourself. May you enjoy it for many,many years.