Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 09-03-2013, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
well its one happy pet holiday in my house. I have sewn one of the cats to the pillows I am making for you Monstookie I figured nothing better than the real thing. In fact if you get a box with air holes from me please open it immediately! I mean nothing absolutely nothing better than the real thing! I will send reese's with the package. You did say you needed more fur right?
OMG, you sewed the cat to it? You silly girl!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
well its one happy pet holiday in my house. I have sewn one of the cats to the pillows I am making for you Monstookie I figured nothing better than the real thing. In fact if you get a box with air holes from me please open it immediately! I mean nothing absolutely nothing better than the real thing! I will send reese's with the package. You did say you needed more fur right?

ok now that that is settled I am fifty percent done with your Pet Holiday package! I had a grand sewing weekend, one pair of the potholders done! one home décor done! one wall hanging quilted and binding sewn on (now to hand bind it tomorrow on the back). One tablerunner project complete! I am one happy camper I can breath a bit. two sets of pot holders tomorrow and in the mail they go. That leaves round robins, a part of this swap and one wall hanging for the doll quilt swap. I am golden! sorta. (lets not go to ufos three booms saying sew me sew me.. ). And aprons I need to make for Christmas. No more swaps for me for a couple months. (ha you say) remind me ya all this is enough to keep me busy for a long while. yup.. no more.. oh wait there is the fq swap coming up.. and.. and..
OH MY!!!! Promise no animals were injured in the making of this swap! laugh. And a little more fur can't hurt anything.

I have the pattern chosen for your item(s)..just need to do a little fabric shopping to get it just right. But if it turns out how I picture it in my head...you should hopefully love it.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:51 PM

oh dear I can NOT compete with secret santa no way no how. Everyone shops for a long time buys lots of little goodies and that is not in my.. range of things. I hate shopping. hate it with a royal passion. I go to walmart online for my clothes. I say oh good they have that tshirt in red blue and black? oh even white.. 6.00 sold. that is my wardrobe for the year. I cant hit the regular stores. so rather than send a pitiful box I do the ornament swap oh yes yes I do. but this year.. I made jaba promise to whomp me if I signed up for anything more.. I have ufo's to work on that I really do want to work on so she can quilt them for me for next Christmas. I am slow so if I start now after the massive swaps I am in.. I might have some spring quilting for her. darned am I slow! I love the swaps sucker.. ok I love the chatting in the swaps. It makes me smile and laugh and well its worth the swapping even if your left holding the bag so to speak. that matters not too much to me You ladies are worth your weight in gold. I am RICH.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:05 PM

If anyone is looking for fur we clean up a vaccum can a day - don't be shy - speak up if you're wanting some - Beasley's coat is supose to be white but he rolls in the dry patch out in the back yard so he's now off-white - we have a sign in our kitchen that reads
"At our house pet hair is a condiment"

My friend Judi casts a hairy-eye ball my way when I tell her I've signed up for another swap.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:51 PM

A condiment? Yikes. (cough...cough....) "HAIRBALL!"

Well it looks like I won't be shut out of sewing while the man's brother is here. I told him I was putting my machine in the dining room & it was cool, so.....YAY!
Old 09-04-2013, 03:48 AM

There are people dabbler who save the hair, spin it and make dog hair sweaters. kid you not. you could get RICH with all that yarn! yippee! she is in the money, she's in the money.. um I will take one please.

My pets shed too I am unsure what color furniture I should have. I think next time I get a pet I will match the dog/cat to the couch colors this will make things look so much more refined. Now they just look fuzzy. Worth it though a wet sponge and a quick wipe and it picks most of it up easily. tada!

Well henry vetoed being sewn into a pillow so I guess you wont be getting an orange pillow monstookie. Sorry. I am excited to see what your making me too bad I told you not to show me. lol.. I am on a mission with your stuff. What is everyone else working on these days besides home décor swap? any good projects you would love to share a pic with us?? no one ever gets tired of those. We are all voyers when it comes to fabric and quilting and well goofy photos.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:14 AM

I've been doing a lot of sewing this week, but it is something I got myself into. I made me a little envelope type thingy to keep tracts in so they don't get so dogeared in my purse. It could also become an eyeglasses case, a rotary cutter case, etc. I happened to show it at one of our Sunday School officers meetings a couple of weeks ago, and started getting phone calls with requests for others, so I've been working on them. I haven't had time yet to get into my bag of antique fabrics for placemats for dabbler. Will as soon as I get all these requests done.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:08 AM

well show us your envelope thing promise we wont bother you to sew us some too but maybe you could show us a close enough pic we could figure out how to make our own!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:47 AM

Default Sneak peek

Elisabrat, Just thought I would give you a sneak peek at some of the items I'm thinking of using in your item. You stated that you like "tacky"....right?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	thCA2EAU9P.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	434188   Click image for larger version

Name:	thCAKV3TDR.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	434189  
Old 09-05-2013, 10:37 AM

Monstookie, that REALLY is tacky! (but I like the boa!) I could think of a thing or two to use those items in though!

DustyMomma, I'm almost finished with the show quilt, on the last piece now, then can get back to your tablerunner & this swaps stuff. Hope everyone likes what I've got for them.