Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-04-2013, 01:58 PM

deenatoo - Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are getting better I stepped off a curb and twisted one ankle and broke the other about thirteen years ago and still feel the tightness when the weather changes.
Take care of yourself.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Yahoo the new pattern for the swap arrived, this should work much better.

Terriamn
Old 09-04-2013, 04:37 PM

A friend of mine broke hers a few years ago and said she can't wear anything now except tennis shoes....I hope mine heals correctly. I have never broken a bone before.

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
deenatoo - Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are getting better I stepped off a curb and twisted one ankle and broke the other about thirteen years ago and still feel the tightness when the weather changes.
Take care of yourself.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:38 AM

I would hope you never do have a broken bone either .. not a picnic.

ok listed in links today was a site too good to be true. it has over 50 free Halloween patterns which I think lean towards any interpretation you might want to take them but idea central for those who like the holiday so I am postin git again here..

http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.ca/...halloween.html
oodles of fun stuff to pick from.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 AM

In May, 2006 I sprained my ankle so badly that I broke 2 bones in my ankle and had what they call an avulsion fracture on the outside edge of my foot that they call a dancer's fracture. The two in my ankle healed fine, but the avulsion fracture, which is just a chip of bone snatched off the tip of the end, took 11 months to even start reattaching. The visit when it was finally healing was the decision time for surgical reattachment, so I was glad that it finally decided to cooperate. I still can't wear heels for long or above about 1-1/2 to 2" at all (my 2 favorite pair of shoes are both 3" heels!), and it's only in the last year that I can sit with my feet crossed and my foot turned where it puts any pressure on it without making it sore. That's about the time I finally started being able to stand any heel at all. I found with mine that barefoot was the most comfortable, until I started with heel spur pain in the other foot in January 2012. Then I couldn't stand really flat shoes at all, and wouldn't you know it, I'd just gotten 2 awesome pair of real leather sandals dirt cheap a few months before when we were in Greece! I'm a few days short of a year post-op for that, and finally between the two have started wearing a little bit of a heel again. I got 2 pair of these (http://shopeu.ecco.com/dk/da/ecco/ec...&price=240-850) recently and wear them almost every day in hopes of slowly retraining my foot so I can wear heels again!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I would hope you never do have a broken bone either .. not a picnic.

ok listed in links today was a site too good to be true. it has over 50 free Halloween patterns which I think lean towards any interpretation you might want to take them but idea central for those who like the holiday so I am postin git again here..

http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.ca/...halloween.html
oodles of fun stuff to pick from.
OOH! I've been watching out for a cute & different treat bag pattern & those witch's shoe ones may just be perfect! There's a family that lives across the street from us that has 3 children who are 5 & under, and all 3 had their first trick or treat with us, complete with photos. I wanted to try to do something fun and memorable for them now that the oldest is getting old enough for some lasting childhood memories.

This whole page is getting pinned on pinterest!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:54 AM

Some days one should just stay in bed. First thing I did was broke my mug My pink mug with the chicken on it Now I only have on left. Then the battery was dead on the tractor so much for getting some things moved. Then coming back from the barn I tripped and fell. Dropped the bottle with the hoof dressing in it spilling it over me.I now smell like pine tar that stuff does not wash off and had gravel in my skinned out knee. That will teach me to wear shorts to the barn Well maybe not I was only 5 feet from the house.Plus you know I put my hands out to try to save myself. oh they hurt. It is not even lunchtime yet.

Love the free Halloween patterns I am looking forward to having grandchildren and making things for them.
Here is a link to a blog I like with some free patterns
http://peckspieces.blogspot.ca/
Hope you are all having a great day.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:54 AM

OH how funny - sounds like something my daughter would say.. I tell her 'they're not strangers anymore - we're on the Quilting Board together'...Great place to meet new friends.

Originally Posted by klgls View Post
Pink Lady - love those blocks!!!! I want to do one of those!

Oksewnsew - I'm ready to quilt yours too - hopefully I will get done this weekend. Then I have to keep it away from my daughter. She came over and asked if I was making it for her. She said "You mean you are giving that to a stranger!" I replied that Oksewnsew is not a stranger and I am sending it to a new friend. LOL.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:54 AM

Pink Lady - hope your day gets much better!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:04 AM

HAPPY THURSDAY!!! Woo Hoo!!! So...ankle stories!!! So, My sister-in-law and my niece were taking a day for beauty...ie hair cuts, mani and pedi. When they finished with the pedicures, my sister-in law put my niece in the car and went to walk around to get in. My sister-in-law fell off a curb (still trying to figure out how with the way she says it happened) and broke BOTH ankles...not one, TWO!!! To make matters worse, this was on June 28th. She missed the enternment of her dad's ashes into the national cemetary and ALMOST missed her brother's wedding. She has one "working" ankle now and the other is in a splint and doing physical therapy, it has taken her over 8 weeks, but she is finally getting back to "normal".

Heading to post office...have a package to mail and stamps to buy. Cutting fabs for table runner today so I can start sewing TONIGHT!!! Fingers crossed I may get the top finished today!!!