Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 09-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Debbie they are all soooooooo cute!! I couldn't decide if my life depended on it!! They are wonderful! I especially love the little kids!! they will all make wonderful wall hangings or quilts. Sorry I'm no help in picking just one!!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:01 AM
cjr

Debbie I love all of them very very cute. great designs and color choices.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Jn I love these!!! Now I want one of these!! Where do you get your pattern?
HAHA - I googled pink flamingos and drew by hand. I use 8.5 x 11 paper for the sketch. I attached the outline for you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	flamingo outline.jpeg
Views:	421
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	434561  
Old 09-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

@ App: All are terrific. If I could chose one, which is a very hard task, I would love to hang the green fish over my goldfish tank. It would be a perfect complement to their home.
Peace
Old 09-07-2013, 02:35 PM

As I've made abundantly clear, i am a flamingo, kids, dog, fish, cats, wildlife and scenic lover so all of those would work for me! Have i shared the good news I'm not supposed to tell anyone? Looks like my dgd is getting a promotion from baby to big sister! I'm just going nuts not telling people! My other two kids don't know as the " once again" mom wants to give it a couple more weeks to be sure it's sticking appropriately. If my ddil doesn't release me from this cow of silence soon my head will blast off. Don't you just hate having a secret you absolutely can't tell? LOL ( jumping up and down with joy!!!!)

the other good news is................................. I have all i need to make the wallhanging-- with any luck it will be flea less aa it came in after the first spraying and has been on a high shelf away from ugly bullies!
Old 09-08-2013, 03:51 AM
Power Poster

Nancia, feel free to share your secret with me. I won't tell anyone. Hope there is a big sister in the not to distant future.
peace
Old 09-08-2013, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by applique View Post
Decision time. Which of these for the wall hanging????
They're all stunning! I love them all, especially the watercolor style of the fox and the moose, but they don't fit my house. If it were coming to live with me, I'd say the owls or the red fish, so I could hang them in my sewing/guest room.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:03 AM

That's a happy piece. You did the best you could tracking down your swap partner. I think it must be meant for someone else. Who makes the poppies fabric? Beautiful.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
Fish, boat, fox. I LOVE those owls. ugh - I need to work on my applique skills - these are all just TERRIFIC!!! Debbie - where do you get your designs??? (If you say that you make them up, I am hanging up my sewing machine.... ;0)
The fish and owls are Mckenna Ryan. She has a little picture on the pattern itself somewhat related to the pattern but not in the pattern. One was a hen with the barnyard patterns. They also make great mug rugs. The boat was a paper pieced pattern, the fox a pattern by Rose Hahn and the kids and dog were little rubber stamps that I got permission to use as quilts. I just keep finding more and more....sigh.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
Hey Debbie - how did you perfect the fusing? I am using WonderUnder and it works pretty well but I found that with the tiny pieces, they still lift. I don't mind zigzagging everything down but the stitching can overwhelm those small pieces so would love to know how to fuse without zigzag after.
I also use the Wonder Under for the tracing, then cut the fabric close to the size I need, fuse Misty Fuse on the back of the fabric then put the Wonder Under tracing on top (with parchment paper) and fuse. So I have a sandwich on the ironing board of parchment paper to protect the ironing board, fabric with wrong side up, Misty Fuse, the traced Wonder Under followed by another layer of parchment paper to protect the iron. Fuse, cut out, peel off the paper from the Wonder Under and fuse to the background. I am going to try to seal it with Fray Block next (NOT Fray Check). If anything dares to lift I'll hit it with a little permanent clear fabric glue. But so far so good.