Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-08-2013, 05:50 AM

HAHAHA, I knew she'd be lurking around..
Old 09-08-2013, 12:47 PM

Our weekend company has headed back to Atlanta to go to their next stop before heading home, and I finally got my sewing room back in order. The man told me that I need shelves and we need to put a flatscreen TV in there & get rid of one of the dressers, so I suggested putting in a bookshelf instead. I'll be on the lookout for a cheap one, new or used. The dresser is a cheap one, so if it winds up at Goodwill, it's no loss. The TV is old, but we'll probably either give it to one of his students or drop it off with the dresser. Either way, I'm getting some more space! I was thinking after I got everything put back that I should take a picture while it's clean, but I still have things I don't really have a place for, so it's stashed here & there, including a pile on the futon.

I'm planning to finish up Cindy's runner either tonight or tomorrow, then make the hang tabs for the wallhanging swap. Then I have to get ties put on a car seat quilt & get started on the baby quilt that's going with it. Thankfully I have another month until it's due though, so I can figure out what I'm doing for backing, since finding Moda Jungle Bungle yardage is becoming difficult. (If anyone knows where I could order some, please give me a shout. Everywhere I've seen it has been out of stock or just the ugly prints left, and I only need enough for this backing for a baby girl!) Somewhere in there I've got the home decor swap item to make for Jaba. I've not yet decided on Thanksgiving or Christmas for her though, since she left it open for either.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:04 PM

DustysMomma, these two sites seem to have some Jungle Bungle stock:
http://www.pammyspatchworkplayhouse....gle/Categories
http://www.thequiltedcastle.com/moda...beck-moda.html
Old 09-08-2013, 01:15 PM

Finished my tablerunner for kiffie2413, just need to attach a label and it will be ready to mail.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:48 PM

Mine's going in the mail tomorrow. I might need to have surgery soon so I really need to plan ahead and make sure these are mailed.
Dusty'smomma, I can make it real easy for you.....Christmas would be very nice.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:20 AM

Good morning. Happy vacation me!!! Jaba, hope all is ok.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:26 AM

Well good morning ya' all! how is everyone doing in quilt land? I listen to all the things people 'have' to make and it makes me smile. We do this because we love doing it. Not a very horrible 'have' to job I think. I am trying to reduce my swapping here for a bit because I found I have so many ufo's that I never get to.. I like to start stuff then I get bored of it you know? and hope on over to another project and another project. so wish me luck on my ufo pile. soon as I finish a couple.. HAVE TO's lol. I am praying for a nice easy day quilting and pleasant under 80 weather oh yeah that would work perfectly. Yesterday by 3 I had turned my fan off and the house was not too hot YEAH!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:56 PM

Cooler here too, cloudy and only 90 this afternoon! Been having little mid afternoon showers the past few days. Maybe the burn ban will be lifted soon if we actually get enough rain to measure. Don't want any more wild fires like we had a couple years ago. They were much too close for comfort.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:13 PM

Hi all,
Well Lynnie, you are a good gal!!! I, on the other hand may not be so good...I have changed my mind too many times to count about your runner!! I finally have the top all appliqued and ready to put the borders on, and then quilt it...so should be ready soon...certainly before our "guidelin..." er, I mean deadline (Hi brat...lol). The inner smaller border is to be a deep green. The larger outer border is a surprise (that you have already seen...). Here is a sneak peek of part of the runner:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435013[/ATTACH]
K
PS I must send a big thanks to all the people who have appliqued with metallic threads before me...for the help I found when "googling" for why the thread was such a pain in the patootie to machine applique with!! And an extra big hug and thanks went to my dear hubby...for all the "gizmos" he has made me when I show him a picture of something I am "sure" will help me with my quilting. With this metallic thread I almost reverted back to hand applique, but luckily I found some great tips on working with metallic threads!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	435013  
Old 09-09-2013, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
Had a very fruitful sewing night with the gals! Finished my runner top Here's a little sneak peak.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]434625[/ATTACH]

Wonder how my partner is coming along????
I am coming along great!!! Yesssiree, I am....so I can't wait to get this darling runner!! Huh?? What do you mean you don't think I am your swap partner this time??? Really....um, well...ok...but you can't blame a gal for trying to get in on all of these great runners, eh??!!.. I mean brat tries it, and I didn't want her to seem all greedy all by her lonesome...she and I share "Jed Clampetts" for hubbys....and they are the sweetest guys...and bring us the sweetest um, "gifts"...so I thought I would jump on the "Send that runner right on over to ME" band wagon...
Anyways, cute runner...and if your REAL partner happens to not be around...you know where to pm me!!
Kif
PS Don't you just love people with a twisted sense of humor!?! My sister-in-law calls she and I the "Twisted Sisters"...problem is she is not old enough to even know the who band "Twisted Sister" is... guess I can pretend I don't recall the 80's "hair bands" along with the bad 80's perm hair that yours truly sported...