Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 AM

Oh, how I love that fabric!!!!!!!! Yep those are some pretty colors and I am thoroughly teased girl.
Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I finished the top while at a quilting retreat, and the ladies there liked it very much. Now I need to unload the table where Bess, the machine I use for straight quilting lives so I can get it finished. I think QuilterMomma and I are on schedule to mail late next week. I might even get it for my birthday on the 21st. How neat would that be!
Here's a teaser:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435107[/ATTACH]
Old 09-10-2013, 08:20 AM

Here's my teaser for Chickadeee55
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	435162  

Last edited by mom-6; 09-10-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Add picture
Old 09-10-2013, 09:02 AM

Mine's nearly done. Started to quilt it this weekend and ran out of bobbin thread, then got sidetracked. I think I have ADD. It will be done by the end of the week. to much to do and to little time to do it..
Old 09-10-2013, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
I've got my eye out for a couple of old church basement tables - they work perfect for sandwiching a large quilt - my friend Judi uses them and they work perfect - my knees don't handle being on the floor crawling around anymore - age and weight are a killer on knee joints....
I'm with you on the creaky knees! I just go down to the church (no basements here) and use their tables in the parish hall. No one minds, and even likes it, as they get to see what I'm working on. When possible I wait until I have two or three to sandwich since my church is 10 miles away in the next town.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:51 AM

That is why I like my little village library... we have a free space to use, a little kitchenette attached to it, and big tables for sandwiching. The librarian's love seeing what we are working on too.

Well at the moment, I have the second runner all cut out now so I can start piecing it and finish the binding on the 1st runner. It's suppose to be really warm here so I'm staying inside and stitching today.

Tricia
Old 09-10-2013, 11:07 AM

Well Dustymomma, I'm on final approach! Got it all together, finally! I've got about 1/2 hours worth of work on it & have it finished. I got the show quilts binding on, took it off & replaced it with a wider one. What a pain!! But, she's done except the hanging sleeve. Will post pics soon. But, will be able to ship your runner Friday, for sure!!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
Brian's sisters used to use orange juice cans in their hair so they could get a curl - I practiced and practiced with a curling iron and then saved my money for hot rollers. Did anyone ever have those commercial glamour shots done - person would go in and they would do your hair and makeup and there were all kinds of different settings - the hair was huge; the photographer said that you loose about 25% of your hair volume in photos so they make it extra big for the camera. I had mile high hair by the time they were finished and enough makeup on my face that I needed a chisel to get it off. Those truly were back in the day. Now I have straight flat hair - it's super fine and fly away; I only color it - I haven't had a perm in 15+ years - I found a volume powder that works wonders and gives me the illusion of having lots of hair. The things we do to have nice hair.
I say this red faced...yes, I recall the Glamour Shots..actually did the whole thing with a group of friends..LOL...so funny what seems like a fine idea may seem rather um "loony" years later, eh? Here's the "kicker": at the time we all worked for the same eye Dr. The next day we all had red eyes, puffy, itchy, etc...one by one the eye Dr examined each of us and found we ALL had same thing going on..finally dawned on me that while the make-up people used a a new disposable mascara brush to apply our mascara, after they did 1 eye they put the same brush back into the mascara before applying it to other eye...so the 2nd pass thru it had everyone's "stuff" on it!! We all were put on rx eye drops and all were ok, but the irony that we all worked for an eye Dr and didn't clue in to bring our own make-up was just hilarious to me..what a bunch of "goofuses" we were! Let me tell you, by the time 3rd gal was getting her eyes checked I think our boss/eye Dr wanted to throttle us! He ended up shaking his head and laughing at our stupidity, too...
Got Lynnie's runner all bordered and ready to sandwich and quilt.. I have a ??? How do y'all determine what color thread to quilt with? I am trying to "branch out" and do more fmq along with using vibrant fabric instead of muslin on the back.. my main ? now is what color thread to use, and what other quilt stitch will work when quilting runner with large applique area.. do you quilt over applique? I never have, but then again I haven't done much fmq.. I usually revert back to hand quilting or outline/echo quilting with a neutral thread..
K
Old 09-10-2013, 11:57 AM

Mom-6, loving those fabrics!!!
K
Old 09-10-2013, 01:10 PM

Here is an updated sneak peek of runner, which also may help with my question of what color of thread would you use to quilt it? And also do you quilt over applique, or around it? Echo quilting or what?? I have many pretty multi-colored threads by Sulky, but I know sometimes variegated threads can have a color that "blends" too much with the quilt and then it looks like part of the quilt wasn't quilted...how do you get around that? I am finally breaking out from my old school "back with muslin and quilt with neutral thread"...but it's still hard for me to figure what color(s) thread to use... The backing fabric is multicolored, has colors the same as the front and some others along with them. Thanks in advance for helping!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435219[/ATTACH]
I need to give it a final pressing before layering it for quilting..those are creases from matching the border up, not seams...
Kif
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	325.5 KB
ID:	435219  
Old 09-10-2013, 03:23 PM

Kiffie those are some beautiful fabrics! I especially like that border.