Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is your home decor?  Country, modern, retro... >

What is your home decor? Country, modern, retro...

What is your home decor? Country, modern, retro...

Old 09-11-2013, 06:57 PM

Comfortable, pure country and primitive with many precious antique pieces from my grandmother.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:06 AM

Eclectic mix. DH collects pottery and masks so we have lots of those. Our living room is leather and wood. Our sofa, love seat, and chairs recline because we like leisure (aka lazy?) I have no interest for design so I basically let him choose and then let him know if he can keep it. My sewing room is modern with all new gadgetry and colorful with all my fabrics. I do like a neat house though so I don't let him junk it up too much. His mother was and his sister is a hoarder, so I get nervous when he starts to get ideas about getting stuff.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:26 AM

Just bought a house that was built in 1863. In fact Abraham Lincoln's name is on the abstract. Love that country farm house style.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:42 AM

Lynnie, I've just re-done our master bath in crisp white and turquoise - it's so 'beachy'! As for the rest of my home, I'd have to say comfortably modern....I am a huge fan of 'IKEA' and love the clean lines. With the house on the market and hopefully close to a sale, I am afforded the opportunity to rid myself of all those extras we've collected over the years. When we start over, it'll be all modern in white/turquoise/creamy yellow.
Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
we live in a condo, the outside is French. the inside is normal in the living room, red and beige, kitchen is white and red polka dots and matching dining area. the bedrooms and baths are white and aqua. the bedroom is lt brown (sand) and one wall dark aqua with white furniture and all nautical. the master bath has river rock on the floor, and a stand up large shower,,, aqua and white
Old 09-12-2013, 04:46 AM

Very PRIM . We have a log home and it is very prim. My kitchen sinks are two old wash tubs with a handpump on the wood countertop that actually works. I have no sheetrock (plasterboard) in the house, total wood and rustic. We live on a farm and I named it The Rusticity Homestead after Tasha Tudor. Loved that woman. She lived such a simple life.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

I call my style early me...I have a lot of different things that I like from early American to country...I think we should surround ourselves with what makes us happy and comfortable..
Old 09-12-2013, 05:31 AM

Early attic...
Old 09-12-2013, 06:48 AM

Country cottage in central New York State
Old 09-12-2013, 06:55 AM

Early Eclectic every thing in my house is all the various woods-- My brother builds and upholsters furniture. But my sewing area is Chic Da'Saster
Old 09-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Banned

Eclectic here too! I live alone in a 3 bedroom townhouse style condo and it is filled with whatever I want, including 4 cats and a dog.